Poll

What spring setup would you run?

4" marlins in the rear 3" TG in front
4" Marlins in the rear 3" Alcan in the front
63" Chevys rear RUF in the front
Other specify below
Bacon!

Author Topic: Official NEW Project *Work Hard, Play Hard* FOR SALE!  (Read 132966 times)

Cheesemaker

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: Official NEW Project *Nothings Easy!*
« Reply #330 on: Aug 26, 2012, 10:04:30 AM »
You want the front hangar flush with the factory crossmember.  After drawing it out on paper, you might gain a few degrees on a shorter shackle.  I drew it out on paper to kinda see.  And then went back to reference your picture and thought of something. 

What type of hangar do you have?  (I'm rethinking some stuff)  Cause in my foggy brain, I want to say that some manufacturers of the front hangar, ie Marlin, the piece between the leaf spring mounts wasn't centered.  It was offset, and which way you mounted it, you would gain X" one way, or shorten the other.  You understand my thinking? 

Rudimentary  -->    \[] /     \ []/   First two crossmember offset, gain or lose forward placement of spring eye by 1.75" (IIRC).     \ [] /   Last one centered. 
I tried to find some info online, but nothing to show, but TG does mention a "offset" spring hangar.  IIRC, Marlin had it when he carried the sas kits.

Hope this helps? 

I keep going back and looking at your picture, and I think that you should just get it all setup and running, and then see what happens when the springs settle out a little.  And then go back and tweak stuff.   Once you flex them on a trip or two, you will lose some height and the shackles will slide back more.
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen