Poll

What spring setup would you run?

4" marlins in the rear 3" TG in front
4" Marlins in the rear 3" Alcan in the front
63" Chevys rear RUF in the front
Other specify below
Bacon!

Author Topic: Official NEW Project *Work Hard, Play Hard* FOR SALE!  (Read 132921 times)

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
Re: Official NEW Project *Work Hard, Play Hard*
« Reply #360 on: Sep 20, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »
I was trying to talk myself into the 7100's because of the size....lol... collapse length on the standard body 12" stroke is 19.61 which would be perfect for my application.. but I really don't think i'd utilize the shock....i do like the fact that they're adjustable and rebuildable... wonder how difficult it is to adjust. When I had my pickup I ran airshocks and it was a complete waste of money and time.. they where way to soft no matter what "adjusting" I did...  :shake:

After looking at the specs on marlins site.. i'd probably go with the 14" short body because it has the exact same collapse length as a 12" standard body but has 2" more extended length. Anyone know what the big diff is between the standard/short body 7100's?  Other than obviously the "body" of the shock is shorter/longer.

Today's progress didn't go as planned.. tried working on the truck along with watching my daughter and damn near burnt my house down... while making my shackle plates for the rear apparently my chop saw light the wall on fire.... i didn't see it and was just working 3ft away rounding the edges on the bench grinder when i see something out of the corner of my eye.... "OH SH*T"   thankfully I was able to put it out with a glove... no clue how long it was on fire  :smack:    the other side of that wall is my laundry room... apparently I need to start using my chop saw on the ground until I can get some steel around the chop saw area to catch any hot pieces... i'd like to build a steel bench to work off of but don't have much room. The current storage system is a complete cluster F... but once the rig's out of the garage i'll have room to reconfigure everything and organize.

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0