Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 252185 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #510 on: Jun 01, 2007, 08:39:21 AM »
ffc... thats wierd... i swear i read that mallory was in a car accident in hawaii and didnt tell you about it or something and you were worried......

Ooooh she's gonna get it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: Jun 01, 2007, 05:07:38 PM »
My mom had surgery on both of her feet yesterday and I talked to my sister on my way home from work today and she was headed to the ER.  I guess she can't keep anything down so she is getting dehyrated and hasn't had any pain meds since last night.  They tried to get her to the car, but ended up calling for some help.  Hopefully their insurance won't kill them for the ride.

:down:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #512 on: Jun 01, 2007, 05:25:38 PM »
i'll pray  for her Jon  :therethere:
diabetic??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: Jun 01, 2007, 09:15:27 PM »
i'll pray  for her Jon  :therethere:
diabetic??

Thanks.

She isn't diabetic, she had bunion surgery on both feet.

I talked to my dad tonight and she is now getting pain meds again and will stay overnight for observation.  The doc will determine if she can go home tomorrow or if she will need additional medical attention.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: Jun 11, 2007, 11:22:23 PM »
Update (and backstory) of my dad's accident and his current condition

Got a condo in Incline Village for the week, went up Sunday night.  Hit the slopes @ Diamond Peak Monday morning, myself, my brother and my dad.  15 minutes into the first run of the day, he hits a patch of ice, and slides off the beaten path into a tree.  :yikes:  Not moving, and in great pain, so my brother heads down the hill to get ski patrol.  30 minutes later (ski patrol got lost/took wrong trail)  get him loaded up on a tobaggon, and get him down the hill to where an ambulance takes him the Incline Village hospital.  Diagnosis, 3-4 broken ribs. He spent the night there, they finally got him on enough pain meds to allow him to stand up so they could take a good xray of his chest and side.  (up until then, they were using a portable machine, just taking shots of his side.)  Discovered that he did indeed have 4 broken ribs, and a punctured lung, which was filling with blood.  Transported him to Washoe Med Center in Reno this morning, where he went under for a procedure to close the hole, and drain the blood.  As of right now, he is in ICU recovering, big concern right now is Pneumonia (sp)  If all goes well, he'll spend 2 days in the hospital, and then be sent home.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers guys! :thumbs:

Figured I'd give ya'll an update, since its been a while :gap:  Thanks for all the prayers, They sure helped :yesnod:

As of today, my dad is cleared to go back to work :woohoo:  final determination of his injury was that he shattered 6 of 8 ribs on his right side.  Not just broke, but pretty much pulverized them.  He's not 100%, but he's doing a lot better.  He's a pilot, so him being allowed to fly again means that he's pretty much healed :woohoo:

Thanks again for the prayers, Myself and my family really appreciate them!!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: Jun 11, 2007, 11:52:10 PM »
Can you keep my family in our prayers.  My aunt (my dads sister) just passed away at 66 unexpectedly.  My cousin left her house one evening last week and she was feeling a little tired and was going to head to bed.  The next morning my cousin kept calling her and she wasn't answering the phone so she went over to check on her mom.  My cousin found her on the dogs bed with her arms all chewed up from trying to crawl to the bedroom and she wasn't very coherent.  So my cousin called the ambulance and they took her to the hospital.  When she got there they started to run test on her and found out that she had a cholesterol level of 500 (high is 200) and her blood pressure was 250 over 140.  They said she had a stroke and the doctor said she was in pretty bad shape.  I guess my aunt hasn't been to the doctor since my cousin was born 45 years ago.  My uncle (her husband) died as some of you might remember almost two years ago this month.  She struggled a little bit in the hospital and seemed to be getting better then around midnight on the 31st my mom called me and told me that my cousin called crying and said that she got a call from the hospital and that her heart had stopped.  About an hour later I called my mom back to see if she had heard anything new and my cousin had called and said that they got it started after being stopped for 30 minutes.  It was an amazing miracle but almost a harder experience because they puther on a ventilator.  This kept her alive but not in a state that she wanted.  Her papers that she filled out when she arrived at the hospital clearly stated not to take excessive actions like that to revive her.  She was very miserable for about a week and then on Friday the 8th we got the call that she did in fact pass away at 1:00 PM.  She was way to young to pass away this way.

And to add onto this both of my grandparents passed away on my moms side within the last year as well.  My family is doing ok so far but it just is hard to deal with so much death.  Never take family for granted, you will never realize how much you really love them until you loose them.

God Bless and my prayers are always with you guys too.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2007, 12:19:48 AM by gotrocks »

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: Jun 11, 2007, 11:55:40 PM »
:thumbs: good to hear Jay!!!! prayer does work!!!! My mom is doing better too thanks everyone.  She is still in a sling for her arm and she is still in for test and she needs to find out what is causing her to pass out.  Thank you

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: Jun 12, 2007, 12:02:15 AM »
Can you keep my family in our prayers.  My aunt (my dads sister) just passed away at 66 unexpectedly.  My cousin left her house one evening last week and she was feeling a little tired and was going to head to bed.  The next morning my cousin kept calling her and she wasn't answering the phone so she went over to check on her mom.  My cousin found her on the dogs bed with her arms all chewed up from trying to crawl to the bedroom and she wasn't very coherent.  So my cousin called the ambulance and they took her to the hospital.  When she got there they started to run test on her and found out that she had a cholesterol level of 500 (high is 200) and her blood pressure was 250 over 140.  They said she had a stroke and the doctor said she was in pretty bad shape.  I guess my aunt hasn't been to the doctor since my cousin was born 45 years ago.  My uncle (her husband) died as some of you might remember died almost two years ago this month.  She struggled a little bit in the hospital and seemed to be getting better then around midnight on the 31st my mom called me and told me that my cousin called crying and said that she got a call from the hospital and that her heart had stopped.  About an hour later I called my mom back to see if she had heard anything new and my aunt had called and said that they got it started after being stopped for 30 minutes.  It was an amazing miracle but almost a harder experience because they puther on a ventilator.  This kept her alive but not in a state that she wanted.  Her papers that she filled out when she arrived at the hospital clearly stated not to take excessive actions like that to revive her.  She was very miserable for about a week and then on Friday the 1st we got the call that she did in fact pass away at 1:00 PM.  She was way to young to pass away.

And to add onto this both of my grandparents passed away on my moms side within the last year as well.  My family is doing ok so far but it just is hard to deal with so much death.  Never take family for granted, you will never realize how much you really love them until you loose them.

God Bless and my prayers are always with you guys too.

:rivers: ill pray for you and your family that was tough to read.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #518 on: Jun 12, 2007, 09:35:58 AM »
Gotrocks, your family is definitely in my prayers.

I just found out yesterday that one of my aunts died this weekend... I never even knew her, but I know she was close to my grandpa.   :shakehead:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: Jun 13, 2007, 12:17:40 AM »
Thanks FFC I appreciate that.

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: Jun 13, 2007, 04:58:43 PM »
:therethere: Gotrocks, you've got my prayers too :down:  that is terrible. 

Blingn, glad to hear your ma is doing better :thumbs:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Snowrunner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 146
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Snow God
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: Jun 13, 2007, 10:50:03 PM »
I need some for my dad. He was in a loggin accident today. Tree fell on him and broke his back. Even with a ton of experience things can still happen. Hes NOT in critical condition or anything and can still move feel and all that good stuff. Just pray that surgery goes good and that he can recover well. Thanks everyone.

Jon

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #522 on: Jun 14, 2007, 10:26:40 AM »
I need some for my dad. He was in a loggin accident today. Tree fell on him and broke his back. Even with a ton of experience things can still happen. Hes NOT in critical condition or anything and can still move feel and all that good stuff. Just pray that surgery goes good and that he can recover well. Thanks everyone.

Jon

You got it Jon.. I'm glad to hear it's not critical, but it's still tuff to cope :therethere:

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: Jul 26, 2007, 01:34:10 AM »
please keep FFC's family in your prayers they just lost there aunt. That family is going thru some really tough times right now and God knows what it is just pray for the family please!! 

Thank You, Matt

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: Jul 26, 2007, 01:36:44 AM »
please keep FFC's family in your prayers they just lost there aunt. That family is going thru some really tough times right now and God knows what it is just pray for the family please!! 

Thank You, Matt

You got it guys :thumbs:

-Ronald Reagan

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #525 on: Jul 26, 2007, 08:38:33 AM »

Thank You, Matt

Thank you Matt :smooch:

My aunt passed away on Tuesday... the funeral is some time this weekend in the Hemet area.  I'm planning on going but I still don't know exactly when and where it is. 

I found out yesterday my mom has some 'crystals' in her chest which have to be surgically removed.  On top of that they found a lump, and they're not sure what it is. They're going to schedule a biopsy next to find out what the lump is, then surgery to remove the crystals, then the lump (whatever it is).  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. 

Thank you.

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: Jul 26, 2007, 09:42:03 AM »
Thank you Matt :smooch:

My aunt passed away on Tuesday... the funeral is some time this weekend in the Hemet area.  I'm planning on going but I still don't know exactly when and where it is. 

I found out yesterday my mom has some 'crystals' in her chest which have to be surgically removed.  On top of that they found a lump, and they're not sure what it is. They're going to schedule a biopsy next to find out what the lump is, then surgery to remove the crystals, then the lump (whatever it is).  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. 

Thank you.
:down:   Oh Justina,  :down:   My mom  had breast cancer  :down:  she  fought a tough fight  and won, so far  its been 20 years,  dang that makes me feel old

Give Beth a big hug for me   
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #527 on: Jul 26, 2007, 09:44:57 AM »
:down:   Oh Justina,  :down:   My mom  had breast cancer  :down:  she  fought a tough fight  and won, so far  its been 20 years,  dang that makes me feel old

Give Beth a big hug for me   

We don't know for sure what it is... and I don't want to say the C word yet.  Although it runs in the family, it's not something I want to think about, till we have facts ....

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: Jul 26, 2007, 09:46:44 AM »
she shows to be on aim  but   hasnt answered me  :down: 

i have to run   but i'll be praying for yall

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #529 on: Jul 26, 2007, 10:10:52 AM »
she shows to be on aim  but   hasnt answered me  :down: 

i have to run   but i'll be praying for yall

Nah, she's not.... She's always online, but never has an away or idle message up when she's not 'at' her computer.

papa mike

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 328
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
we need prayers for my uncle in snohomish  washington,,he was plasma cutting  a pipe and it blew up and  ripped his body apart  ,,no one knows really how it happend yet

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
we need prayers for my uncle in snohomish  washington,,he was plasma cutting  a pipe and it blew up and  ripped his body apart  ,,no one knows really how it happend yet

OMG Mike, we're prayin for him.  Please let us know how he fares :therethere:

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:16:31 AM »
   I haven't posted in a while, since last week in fact.  I too have now suffered the loss of my older brother Harold on July 27. 
   He suffered a massive stroke on his way home from Bible study and someone behind him thought he may have been a drunk driver. He somehow managed to park  his car and bumped a parked vehicle in the process. The driver behind him reported this to the police and when the police arrived they knew he was in trouble. He was immediately taken to Washington hospital in Fremont where he died that night.
   They tried to stabilize him and were unable to get an airway to him via tracheotomy then shortly after suffered a heart attack which he was unable to survive. He was also a diabetic which may have complicated matters I'm sure. He'd been struggling with this advanced stage of diabetes for 30 years since he was 11 years old.
   Sadly but unselfishlessly he is gone and no longer has this affliction to bother him or worry us. The services were yesterday and everything was as good as it could be.  He was 41 years old. I am thankful, however for all the support and contributions from his church which have been a tremendous help. More than we can begin to thank them for.
   My only thought of relief is that some one saw him when this happened and he was taken to the hospital whereafter contacting my mom and my sister they were able to see him before his passing to comfort him so he didn't have to do this alone. Otherwise, who knows how long he may have suffered in his car that night just waiting to die with no one knowing.
   I do feel better being able to share this with you. Thanks for the ears...err.....eyes?

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #533 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:22:46 AM »
   I haven't posted in a while, since last week in fact.  I too have now suffered the loss of my older brother Harold on July 27. 
   He suffered a massive stroke on his way home from Bible study and someone behind him thought he may have been a drunk driver. He somehow managed to park  his car and bumped a parked vehicle in the process. The driver behind him reported this to the police and when the police arrived they knew he was in trouble. He was immediately taken to Washington hospital in Fremont where he died that night.
   They tried to stabilize him and were unable to get an airway to him via tracheotomy then shortly after suffered a heart attack which he was unable to survive. He was also a diabetic which may have complicated matters I'm sure. He'd been struggling with this advanced stage of diabetes for 30 years since he was 11 years old.
   Sadly but unselfishlessly he is gone and no longer has this affliction to bother him or worry us. The services were yesterday and everything was as good as it could be.  He was 41 years old. I am thankful, however for all the support and contributions from his church which have been a tremendous help. More than we can begin to thank them for.
   My only thought of relief is that some one saw him when this happened and he was taken to the hospital whereafter contacting my mom and my sister they were able to see him before his passing to comfort him so he didn't have to do this alone. Otherwise, who knows how long he may have suffered in his car that night just waiting to die with no one knowing.
   I do feel better being able to share this with you. Thanks for the ears...err.....eyes?

Sometimes getting it out, whether it's just typing it or saying it, helps.  Losing a brother is tough, and I feel your pain.  It's great that his church has been so supportive and a blessing that your mom and sister got to talk to him.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  Hang in there :therethere:

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:26:09 AM »
  :rivers: A heart felt THANKS to you and everyone here.  :yesnod:  I hope you're doing well since the loss of your big bro FFC.  :angel:

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:27:28 AM »
I'm here if you need anything Fordh8r. Just give me a call.
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:32:19 AM »
I'm here if you need anything Fordh8r. Just give me a call.
I know I can always depend on you.  :bowdown:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #537 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:38:29 AM »
  :rivers: A heart felt THANKS to you and everyone here.  :yesnod:  I hope you're doing well since the loss of your big bro FFC.  :angel:

I'm sorry you now understand so well :therethere:

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »
Thanks again, I wish i didn't have to change from empathizing to sympathizing with you, but no going back now.  :smooch:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:53:27 AM »
oh man  :therethere:   God Bless  brother  :therethere: