Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 252339 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »
I found out the other night that one of my wheeling buddies is having serious marriage problems and his wife has asked for a divorce.  It seems to be the classic story that he knew there were problems but didn't realize how serious things really were.  Currently the kids have chosen sides and the ones on his side no longer live at home so it is on an "island" right now.  Please pray that they can work things out.   
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2006, 08:33:12 PM »
I found out the other night that one of my wheeling buddies is having serious marriage problems and his wife has asked for a divorce.  It seems to be the classic story that he knew there were problems but didn't realize how serious things really were.  Currently the kids have chosen sides and the ones on his side no longer live at home so it is on an "island" right now.  Please pray that they can work things out.   

:yesnod: will do
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #302 on: Jun 01, 2006, 09:59:25 PM »
Wow it's been awhile... I hope all is going well for everyone and their loved ones. 

I have a prayer request.  Today my uncle T-boned someone at 60 mph.  He was driving his mid 80's f-250 through an intersection and some :idiot: ran the red light right in front of him.  The 460 from under the hood ended up (I was told) in the passengers seat, my uncle was messed up pretty bad, but the hospital wouldn't keep him and treat him because he doesn't have health insurance. 

My other uncle was driving behind him in another truck and saw the whole thing, and behind him was a CHP.  We thought this would be a good thing (that the CHP saw it wasn't his fault), then we found out that my uncle's drivers license was recently suspended so his auto insurance won't cover the accident :shake: It's just a huge mess, and I'm askin for ya'lls prayers for him. 

Thank you!
FFC
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
« Reply #303 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:00:42 PM »
Wow it's been awhile... I hope all is going well for everyone and their loved ones. 

I have a prayer request.  Today my uncle T-boned someone at 60 mph.  He was driving his mid 80's f-250 through an intersection and some :idiot: ran the red light right in front of him.  The 460 from under the hood ended up (I was told) in the passengers seat, my uncle was messed up pretty bad, but the hospital wouldn't keep him and treat him because he doesn't have health insurance. 

My other uncle was driving behind him in another truck and saw the whole thing, and behind him was a CHP.  We thought this would be a good thing (that the CHP saw it wasn't his fault), then we found out that my uncle's drivers license was recently suspended so his auto insurance won't cover the accident :shake: It's just a huge mess, and I'm askin for ya'lls prayers for him. 

Thank you!
FFC
sorry to hear it girl . I will pray it works out well .but his lic problem does not make his fault as far as the accident is concerned right.
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #304 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:14:16 PM »

Thank you!
FFC
oh my God  Justina,  i am so sorry to here about that,  hospitals are such vultures.  My prayers are with you and your family :smooch:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:18:20 PM »
Exactly what LRS said. If it wasn't his fault it is not his insurance companies problem. The lack of a drivers license is a ticket for him but has nothing to do with him getting a settlement from this.
A hospital would not turn him away because he doesn't have insurance. What do you think the whole problem with hospitals is in the first place? Everyone who doesn't have insurance, including the illegals, goes to the emergency room and have to be treated no matter what.
They don't throw people out in the street to die.

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:18:42 PM »
At least they don't in FL.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:29:44 PM »
:hyper: guess i better move to Florida :bolt:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:40:49 PM »
They might not treat you for something superficial but if you are banged up in a car wreck they are not going to throw you out without insurance before assessing that you don't need some medical attention.
They can get sued for that too.

Where is the Mammoth?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:41:39 PM »
Exactly what LRS said. If it wasn't his fault it is not his insurance companies problem. The lack of a drivers license is a ticket for him but has nothing to do with him getting a settlement from this.
A hospital would not turn him away because he doesn't have insurance. What do you think the whole problem with hospitals is in the first place? Everyone who doesn't have insurance, including the illegals, goes to the emergency room and have to be treated no matter what.
They don't throw people out in the street to die.

I've experienced this myself after a motorcycle accident I had when my insurance had lapsed for 1 week (long story) Sure, they'll treat ya. Then stick u with a $20,000 bill and destroy yer credit 4 the rest of your life> My prayers go out too
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »
yea tell me about it,  about $80,000  in "medical bills"  right here :thud:

ok  back to prayer requests,   somebody pray for us poor  un insured fools out here in arkansas and mo-suri

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: Jun 02, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »
well that is what I am saying. Sure they may stick you with an ungodly bill, but they won't throw you on to the sidewalk bleeding to death and not treat you.

Where is the Mammoth?

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #312 on: Jun 02, 2006, 09:13:12 PM »
I haven't had a chance to observe my uncle's condition, but from what my family told me, he doesn't seem to be in the condition to be sent home. Maybe he chose to leave because he didn't want the bill pinned on him :dunno: I'm in the dark here.... I'm the gopher that gets called in to work whenever anything happens, everyone else knows what's goin on.  All I know is he needs our prayers.  I'm not sure what's gonna happen with his situation as far as the accident, I do know that the other guy was worse off than he was, I just found that out today, so he needs our prayers also.

Thank you guys   :psss: And gals
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #313 on: Jun 03, 2006, 09:28:59 PM »
Well, I believe God sure is working overtime.  My uncle got a phone call today from his manager where he works and lives.  The manager got him a truck and said it's his when he is up to driving again!! :yikes: Just out of the blue! :woohoo:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: Jun 03, 2006, 09:34:12 PM »
just remember that the lord never puts more upon you than he knows you can handle

and I hope I am not oversteppin my bounds here but your signature is wrong . pull the trigger and the real nightmare has just begun . And it NEVER stops!

I know it's an old post...but truer words have never been spoken. On both counts!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: Jun 03, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »
Well, I believe God sure is working overtime.  My uncle got a phone call today from his manager where he works and lives.  The manager got him a truck and said it's his when he is up to driving again!! :yikes: Just out of the blue! :woohoo:

I'm not surprised! How is your uncle doing? Sorry, I didn't read too far back in this post.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #316 on: Jun 03, 2006, 09:45:06 PM »
I'm not surprised! How is your uncle doing? Sorry, I didn't read too far back in this post.

He's doing a bit better, almost has his sense of humor back :disturbed: I still haven't been able to see him since I've been on duty at the ranch since it happened.  When I see him for myself I'll let ya'll know how he is.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: Jun 03, 2006, 09:50:56 PM »
He's doing a bit better, almost has his sense of humor back :disturbed: I still haven't been able to see him since I've been on duty at the ranch since it happened.  When I see him for myself I'll let ya'll know how he is.

It's good that he has his sense of humor back...it makes it easier on the people that are worried about you.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: Jun 03, 2006, 11:07:45 PM »
it is good to hear he is doing better,  i'll still keep him in my prayers.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #319 on: Jun 03, 2006, 11:50:13 PM »
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: Jun 04, 2006, 06:59:54 AM »
Thank you, I appreciate it.
What about the insurance responsibility of the other driver? I hope your uncle wasn't kept at the hospital because they didn't feel it was necessary and not because he didn't want the bills.
If the accident wasn't his fault the bills are not his responsibility. He should be talking to the insurance company making sure they are aware that they need to be doing something about this.
They need to both pay for his truck AND his hospital bills.

Where is the Mammoth?

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 162
  • Male Posts: 493
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Living life in Gods county
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: Jun 04, 2006, 08:56:31 AM »
My wife and I both need lots of prayer right now.  My wife is 4.5 months pregnant with our first baby  (its a girl, her name will be Faith.) Our first ultrasound was a week ago and they found something that they didn't like, so they sent us up to Portland to have a second ultrasound done on Friday.  What they found was a hole in her Cerebellum. This is what doctors call the  "Dandy Walker Malformation" and is very rare something like 1 in 250,000 or higher.  She could possibly have Tricimea 18 (spelling?) which is lethal, we had a test done to map her chromosomes and see if she will have any sort of disorder that way.  We should find out the results by Monday or Tuesday.  The doctor told us that we had a 20% chance that she could have this rare Tricimea 18 and that if she doesn't the our next concern will be how much Mental disability will she have and to what extent.  We were told that with the Dandy Walker Malformation she will have no chance at being a normal baby, and she will have a Mental Disability.  We really need lots of prayer.  This is very difficult for us to deal with because we have never done anything to harm the baby. 
   I'll post more up when my brain is working better and when I know more about the situation. 
  Thankyou for all your prayers and I'll be praying for all of you also.
Justin
1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re 5spd transmission and dual transfer cases (4.7’s in the rear). E-lockers front and rear.

2005 GMC Sierra diesel, compound turbo setup to pull.

God gave all people talents but the only one who can find them is you.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: Jun 04, 2006, 09:02:01 AM »
First off, do not blame yourselves, things happen that are out of our control and have nothing to do with anything we do, right or wrong.
The way I hear tell, God is not here to keep crap from happening to us, but to be there for us when crap happens. And we all know, crap happens.
Take it one day at a time and know we are all here for you.
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2006, 10:06:53 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: Jun 04, 2006, 09:48:19 AM »
I'll be praying for you and your family.  :yesnod:

Living in a sinful world isn't fair.  :tantrum:  The Devil needs a  :spankbutt:

Thankfully, there is something better available for all of us  :biggthumpup:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #324 on: Jun 04, 2006, 09:56:57 AM »
Wow toyo :therethere: You will deffinatley be in my prayers.  And Diane's right, don't blame yourselves.  Have faith :thumbs: I think that is awsome that is what you're going to name her.  God bless and please keep us updated.

daguy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Christian Four Wheelers
« Reply #325 on: Jun 05, 2006, 07:03:37 PM »
WOW very COOL BlackDog, you can all come over to www.ChristianFourWheelers.com with your Prayer requist after you post up here! :thumbs: BD im glad to see you reach out to a Broken World with something we can all use a little of! GOD!
God Bless you Brother, now lets go spank some rocks and ill brake my jeep for ya! For some reson just like God makes me happy, blown up the jeep gets them happy here on this board!  :smack:

Guy
My Avatar pic. is by Pat Mosley & is of my new
"On Board Spotter"
now in "K" & "Wall",,,Marts every where!

Now Step away from the MOUSE & lets go WHEELING! after you see this video!

http://media.putfile.com/Big-Brothers--Big-Sisters-4-Wheeling

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: Jun 05, 2006, 07:10:39 PM »
toyo  dude,  youre in my prayers man.  with enough prayers from enough people  maybe we can get a miracle for your baby

God be with you and I'll do my best  on my end

Glen

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: Jun 05, 2006, 09:02:55 PM »
thanks alot everyone it really means alot to my wife and I.  Still no word on the genetic test so it should be tomorrow.  I'll post up when I know more.  I went out wheelin on Sunday to take my mind off of things and it seemed to help.
1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re 5spd transmission and dual transfer cases (4.7’s in the rear). E-lockers front and rear.

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: Jun 11, 2006, 08:44:25 AM »
Well my wife and I got the results from the Genetic test on Friday and everything cleared with the genetics (except for the fact that she is related to me  :yupyup:)  So that is a HUGE relief.  We have to go in for another ultrasound so they can check everything again.  We are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.  There is still a small chance that she will not be mentally dissabled but odds are extremely slim, the power of prayer may put the odds in our favor.  Thanks everyone for all the prayers and I'll keep you updated as I know more.  I'll continue to pray for everyone as well.

Justin

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: Jun 11, 2006, 09:43:32 AM »
God Bless you  and you know we will keep praying for you :therethere: