Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 252375 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #330 on: Jun 11, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »
Well my wife and I got the results from the Genetic test on Friday and everything cleared with the genetics (except for the fact that she is related to me  :yupyup:)  So that is a HUGE relief.  We have to go in for another ultrasound so they can check everything again.  We are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.  There is still a small chance that she will not be mentally dissabled but odds are extremely slim, the power of prayer may put the odds in our favor.  Thanks everyone for all the prayers and I'll keep you updated as I know more.  I'll continue to pray for everyone as well.

Justin
millions of people have over come slim odds, but whatever hand God hands you always know we are all here for you and always wish you the best.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

daguy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Christian Four Wheelers
« Reply #331 on: Jun 11, 2006, 06:13:35 PM »
millions of people have over come slim odds, but whatever hand God hands you always know we are all here for you and always wish you the best.

Amen Brother
My Avatar pic. is by Pat Mosley & is of my new
"On Board Spotter"
now in "K" & "Wall",,,Marts every where!

Now Step away from the MOUSE & lets go WHEELING! after you see this video!

http://media.putfile.com/Big-Brothers--Big-Sisters-4-Wheeling

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: Jul 09, 2006, 11:05:38 AM »
I would just want everybody to pray that my dad is in a good place in heaven right now!  My step mom is thinking he's already building homes for Jesus!  He passed on yesterday.  My step mom called me over, I live next door, and I didn't know what the reason until I heard a truck flying down the driveway!  He had been fighting cancer for 2 years now!  The dr. is assuming that his heart just gave out, and we feel that he was gone before his head hit the floor!  I watched helplessly as the rescue squad and paramedics perform cpr.  After watching paramedics show on TV, I had a understanding that he was gone!  I know the paramedics did their best, because a couple of the guys that were there, dad has worked with and has known for many years!  I know that he's in a better place with no pain, or worries, but I also pray that everybody can heal quickly, and in a positive way! 

Thank you and he will be greatly missed!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #333 on: Jul 09, 2006, 02:13:57 PM »
cheesmake  i am so sorry, i wish there was something i could do for you and your family,  but all i can do  is pray for you  and tell you  it gets better.    i started crying when i read this because    Dad's passing is still so new.       I hope that you had some sort of insurance  or burial plan, as we did not.  In fact had it not been for my Marlin family  I dont want to think about what would have happened.     It has changed my life and will continue to.

God bless you  and hold you in his arms while you mourn
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: Jul 09, 2006, 03:27:13 PM »
 :therethere:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

daguy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Christian Four Wheelers
« Reply #335 on: Jul 10, 2006, 07:13:28 AM »
cheesemaker I will be Praying for you and your family, that God steps in and helps with the pain.
God Bless
Guy
My Avatar pic. is by Pat Mosley & is of my new
"On Board Spotter"
now in "K" & "Wall",,,Marts every where!

Now Step away from the MOUSE & lets go WHEELING! after you see this video!

http://media.putfile.com/Big-Brothers--Big-Sisters-4-Wheeling

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 162
  • Male Posts: 493
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Living life in Gods county
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: Jul 10, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »
You will be in my prayers cheesmaker.  May you and your family be at peace.
God bless
Justin
1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re 5spd transmission and dual transfer cases (4.7’s in the rear). E-lockers front and rear.

2005 GMC Sierra diesel, compound turbo setup to pull.

God gave all people talents but the only one who can find them is you.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: Jul 11, 2006, 11:16:47 AM »
Thank you all.  I know he's up ther looking up old friends, including my grandfather!  As for the finances, that wasn't an issue.  He has always told me that he wanted to cremated.  Which after talking to the funeral home, which was only going to cost $1375.  I'm glad God took him when he did, because he was headed out the door to go see my brother-in-law in the next town!  That would have put him on the road!  I'm glad somebody was home with him, and it didn't happen when we were on our vacation in California! 

My Cali run will be well deserved! 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: Aug 02, 2006, 04:31:41 PM »
A guy I have known for at least a good 5-6 years through an AutoCAD forum, and became good friends with through direct emails as well, died yesterday.
It was very sudden and shocking. After a short stay in the hospital he was on the way home with his wife when it happened.
He was very well respected and was a part of a very large AutoCAD community throughout the world. He will be sorely missed. 
He left behind a wife and 10 year old child they had adopted. He was a coach of their very successful softball team in Pineville, LA and always shared his tribulations with her in softball, martial arts and her scholastic achievements.
On top of that he was a proud employee of Cleco in LA and when we had our hurricanes two years ago I heard from him daily telling us of their progress. I was always so proud to see Cleco trucks here helping us out.
Please pray for peace for this family as this has got to be so most traumatic!
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2006, 04:54:54 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: Aug 02, 2006, 05:00:19 PM »
:rivers:  will do MrsW
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: Aug 02, 2006, 05:08:56 PM »
Thank you. :greatful:

Where is the Mammoth?

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: Aug 02, 2006, 05:13:41 PM »
I've actually got one of my own, a family from our area was driving home from Arizona this past weekend, and they rolled their SUV.  The dad is fine, mom was i the hospital, but is out, but both of their kids, a girl and boy, (16 and 13) I believe, were killed. :rivers:  I didn't know them personally, but Spotter's uncle and cousin knew the young boy very well, were on the same baseball team, went' to a few A's games together, etc.

Pray for the family and friends, for God's healing in their hearts

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: Aug 02, 2006, 05:22:36 PM »
:rivers: the death of a child has got to be so devastating, but two!
All I ever know to say is that as long as we have their loving memories they are never really gone.
Your family is in our hearts.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: Aug 02, 2006, 05:36:32 PM »
From the AUGI board my friend was on:

How do you feel when you lose someone close to your heart,
You feel like the world is upside down and torn apart,
You don't understand and can't answer why?
That the one you love happened to die,
The pain and trauma that hits you hard,
When through the post arrives a sympathy card,
It brings everything to life and seems so real,
You just want to be left alone to know how you feel,
You feel sad and empty and something is missing,
You need someone there, someone listening,
You cry all night and let emotions flow,
It is not understandable why this world let them go,
You always want them back next to you,
But you have to accept that what has happened is true,
But you won't get them back and you must carry on,
And just remember that memories of them forever live long.

Where is the Mammoth?

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #344 on: Aug 02, 2006, 06:04:28 PM »
A guy I have known for at least a good 5-6 years through an AutoCAD forum, and became good friends with through direct emails as well, died yesterday.
It was very sudden and shocking. After a short stay in the hospital he was on the way home with his wife when it happened.
He was very well respected and was a part of a very large AutoCAD community throughout the world. He will be sorely missed. 
He left behind a wife and 10 year old child they had adopted. He was a coach of their very successful softball team in Pineville, LA and always shared his tribulations with her in softball, martial arts and her scholastic achievements.
On top of that he was a proud employee of Cleco in LA and when we had our hurricanes two years ago I heard from him daily telling us of their progress. I was always so proud to see Cleco trucks here helping us out.
Please pray for peace for this family as this has got to be so most traumatic!

They're in my prayers MrsW :thumbs: At least the memories you have of him and his work are good ones!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #345 on: Aug 02, 2006, 06:05:56 PM »
I've actually got one of my own, a family from our area was driving home from Arizona this past weekend, and they rolled their SUV.  The dad is fine, mom was i the hospital, but is out, but both of their kids, a girl and boy, (16 and 13) I believe, were killed. :rivers:  I didn't know them personally, but Spotter's uncle and cousin knew the young boy very well, were on the same baseball team, went' to a few A's games together, etc.

Pray for the family and friends, for God's healing in their hearts

Oh wow BD that is tuff :rivers: I'll keep the family in my prayers
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: Aug 02, 2006, 10:27:52 PM »
Wow MrsW, and Black dog I will be praying for peace in both of the families and friends. Death is always so hard to deal with hear on earth; I always try to think of the peace that those who have died are in now.  Heaven is such a better place and they are now at peace with God standing at their side.

Well I have not updated our situation with our pregnancy in sometime, so to let you all know that nothing has really changed, although the baby is kicking my wife alot (so I guess that is good.)   My wife is now dealing with he Glucose level being to high because of the pregnancy and that may be a sign of pregnancy diabetes. (not sure what the actual name of it is).  It really seems like we are having a really hard pregnancy, I can only pray that the next 2 moths will go well. 
Thanks for all the prayers, and I'll be praying for all of the prayer requests.
God Bless, Justin J
1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re 5spd transmission and dual transfer cases (4.7’s in the rear). E-lockers front and rear.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #347 on: Aug 02, 2006, 10:29:48 PM »
Thank you for the update toyo... you and your family are in my prayers.  God bless and I hope all goes well for you and yours!

catfish

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: Aug 03, 2006, 01:14:24 PM »
this is a great thread, I will review it often and add these to my prayer list, we must never under estimate the power of prayer

sincerely
bob perrill

www.extremewheelers4christ.org

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: Aug 08, 2006, 05:54:41 PM »
Toyo 847: Just wanted to let you know that there is nothing (from a medical standpoint) that you should have or could have done differently. There are, unfortunatly millions of ways a pregnancy can have problems, and most of them are not anything we can control. Having a good genetic profile lets you know that if there is actually a developmental problem, it is essentially a accidental occurance, and if you choose to have another child, there is little risk of it happening again.

The latest condition your wife is dealing with is something called "gestational diabetes", and is relativley common. Most women who have this go on to lead normal lives, but there are a percentage who go on to develop type I Diabetes, and they require insulin. I'm not an OB/GYN, so I can't explain exactly why this happens, but it does. The biggest concern about gestational DM, is that the baby can get exceptionally large, and will have to be born by C-section. There is also a risk that the child will have difficulty maintaining normal blood sugars for some time after birth, which will require intensive monitoring. Occassionally, the child will go on to develop diabetes as well. Remeber, these are very small percentages, and *Most* go on to have no further problems. Discuss it with your OB, and they can give you much more information.

In the mean time, I will continue to pray for you and your family.

As for BD, MrsW, Cheesemaker, I will pray for you as well. I'm so sorry to hear about your situations, and will keep you (and your friends and families) in my prayers.

Sorry I havn't been on the thread for a while, I'll try to be more consistent.

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: Aug 08, 2006, 06:02:07 PM »
Germ! :smooch: When Toyo 847 wrote about not know the medical term for the diabete's my first thought was "where is germ".
It is great too see you again.

Where is the Mammoth?

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: Aug 08, 2006, 10:21:13 PM »
Wow thanks, so much germ, what is your profession? 
My wife and I have an appointment on Thursday so I'll keep you posted on the situation.  Thanks for all the prayer.  I'll keep you all in my prayers also.

Justin J

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: Aug 08, 2006, 10:31:26 PM »
my gf had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant.... my daughter was a big girl and was delivers at 38 weeks by c section.... we tried normal, but it wouldnt work.... so c section was hte last resort... anyways, both mom and baby are fine, neither has diabetes....

the way our doctor described it was something had to do with the hormones in the womans body, and something getting not produced properly or gets blocked and insulin production either didnt get utilized properly or wasl ow in production... i don qutie remeber what it was now....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: Aug 08, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »

Sorry I havn't been on the thread for a while, I'll try to be more consistent.

no kidding slacker!!  What have you been doing, workin or something? :dunno:

:rofl:

I've got a prayer/praise actually.  A friend of mine and spotter's just had a baby today by C-section.  The baby was due oct 4, but they had to take her early due to several complications in the pregnancy.  The baby is fine, physically fully developed, just REALLY small, 2lbs. 12oz.  She even came out breathing on her own!!  :hyper: 

Its still a long road though.  That poor baby has a lot of weight to gain, and is gonna be in the hospital for a while.  Just pray for the baby (caroline) and her mom!

-Ronald Reagan

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: Aug 09, 2006, 06:36:12 AM »
This past weekend I visited my aunt and uncle (I am working in San Diego during August) in the Loma Linda area and Friday morning we found out that my cousin's finacee's father had gone to the ER in the middle of the night.  He had some sort of heart issue and they suspect went without oxygen for 15-20 minutes.  They managed to revive him, but determined that he was brain dead and has since died.  On Friday he had gone for a 30 mile bike ride in the morning and walked the dogs for about an hour in the evening.  He had been working to become more healthy and had lost something like 70 lbs in the past year.  He was 58 and planning to retire at the end of the month.

My cousin and fiancee are in the process of changing jobs, relocating farther north, getting married and now dealing with his death.  Please pray for them.  I spent part of Saturday with the family (wife, mom & children) so it was a sad day.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: Aug 09, 2006, 08:51:02 AM »
Wow thanks, so much germ, what is your profession? 

I'm a PA (Physician Assistant), and work primarily in Emergency Medicine, but also do quite a bit of family practice and Occupational Health. I can give you more specifics if you wish, but this is probably not the place for it, PM me if you'd like, and I'll do my best to get you the info.

something had to do with the hormones in the womans body, and something getting not produced properly or gets blocked and insulin production either didnt get utilized properly or wasl ow in production... i don qutie remeber what it was now....

The hormones do affect the Insulin production, and also affect the bodies ability to utilize the insulin. It's a very complicated pathway, and way too much for this forum. However, the reason most women tend not to have post-partum problems, is that once the hormone levels return to normal, and they loose a large percent of the excess body fat, their Insulin levels and its effects tend to return to normal. Any woman whose had gestational DM is at increased risk to develop Type I or Type II DM at a later date, and should be monitored closley by their care provider.

no kidding slacker!!  What have you been doing, workin or something?

Yup, that would be me. Working my fingers to the bone! Unfortunatly the ER doesn't allow me much time to check in on the board these days.

Germ!  When Toyo 847 wrote about not know the medical term for the diabete's my first thought was "where is germ".
It is great too see you again

Good to see you as well! Must be the Lord telling me to check in once and again!

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: Aug 09, 2006, 09:01:30 AM »
Wow bd, sorry to hear about your cousin's finacee's father. I'll keep them in my prayers. Sounds like they have alot on their plate right now, and could use the help.

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: Aug 09, 2006, 11:40:01 AM »
...your cousin's finacee's father...

When I was at their home on Saturday it was the first time I met all of them except my cousin's fiancee' who I met once nearly two years ago.  I really felt out of place given the cirmstances.

They will appreciate your prayers greatly.

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: Aug 09, 2006, 06:51:58 PM »
This past weekend I visited my aunt and uncle (I am working in San Diego during August) in the Loma Linda area and Friday morning we found out that my cousin's finacee's father had gone to the ER in the middle of the night.  He had some sort of heart issue and they suspect went without oxygen for 15-20 minutes.  They managed to revive him, but determined that he was brain dead and has since died.  On Friday he had gone for a 30 mile bike ride in the morning and walked the dogs for about an hour in the evening.  He had been working to become more healthy and had lost something like 70 lbs in the past year.  He was 58 and planning to retire at the end of the month.

My cousin and fiancee are in the process of changing jobs, relocating farther north, getting married and now dealing with his death.  Please pray for them.  I spent part of Saturday with the family (wife, mom & children) so it was a sad day.

Wow.  You got it!

-Ronald Reagan

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: Aug 14, 2006, 11:35:34 PM »
here is the baby you guys have been prayin for !

Thank you again!!

-Ronald Reagan