Author Topic: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth  (Read 589645 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth (MCR5)
« Reply #1200 on: Sep 21, 2006, 04:26:58 PM »
Here's one or 2 last Sat. after the Bull we had 25 rigs, mostly Toyota's come out to wheel with the Mammoth's. Mrs. W didn't think there were that many until we broke for lunch.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #1201 on: Sep 21, 2006, 08:55:03 PM »
 :attention:

Mark and I  went  off in search of adventure,  after  loosing most of the day  to :sick:  i was sick  and went to my doctor  cause  today was the only time,  and Diane was sick at her stomach

so  we  took  off to a paper company tract  i knew of  and off we went into the woods  :driving:

well  we  um :nerv:   got wood  :yikes:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: Sep 21, 2006, 09:05:28 PM »
 :cheese:

darn piece of  a tree decided it wanted  to slide between the steering arms,  um  past the alt,  past the injector pump :aaa:   and  almost pushed  the fuel filter  right thru the inner fender  :thud:  ripping the return line off  and  causing MASS  FUEL LEAKAGE
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: Sep 21, 2006, 09:15:57 PM »
 :willynilly:

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: Sep 21, 2006, 10:00:08 PM »
 :yikes:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: Sep 22, 2006, 06:49:32 AM »
hey MOM,  :wave:  they just left a little while ago,  THEY ARE ON THE ROAD AGAIN :woohoo:

Mom

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: Sep 22, 2006, 08:55:13 AM »
Hi guy - thanx for the update! Did they say where they intend to make their next stop?
Inquiring Mom's wanna know!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: Sep 22, 2006, 11:03:52 AM »
Hi guy - thanx for the update! Did they say where they intend to make their next stop?
Inquiring Mom's wanna know!
they didnt say  but im going to guess they should be mighty close to florida  befor they stop tonight,  should be home tomorrow  for sure
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2006, 12:13:04 PM by 79Coyotefrg »

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: Sep 22, 2006, 02:52:24 PM »
well we were going to take Hwy 98 @ Hattiesburg. We stopped for fuel, and rather then go through town it seemed easier to hop on I-59 for about 3 exits S. to hit 98E.
We got on I-59 and I got on here, I told Mark it was only a couple exits, next thing you know I'm thinking "did we ever exit?" and sure enough... we did not... we were about 15 miles from I-10 on I-59. :smack: DOH!
Oh well, we are probably 70 miles W of where we would have been if we took 98, but 98 would have been slower driving (55-65 and less compared to 70-75 consistantly) and would have gone through some towns with stop lights, so all iin all time-wise we're probably about even.
I found a campground in Ocean Springs, MS - Camp-Journey's End - name is pretty appropriate! www.campjourneys-end.com
Sounds nice by the description but then don't they all? :rofl: Like the KOA with the quiet strolling campers where they conveniently forgot to mention the B-52's and other military aircraft overhead and train running by! :hahaha:
Anyhoo - from there it should be about a 7-8 hour drive home tomorrow, so we should be home by late afternoon. :hyper:
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2006, 03:02:13 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: Sep 22, 2006, 03:18:33 PM »
Well may as well post some pics if I can.
First, I think we spotted Glen's old truck, they still haven't washed it! :haha:

It was great getting to stay and visit with the McDade Clan for a couple days even if everything didn't go as planned.
We started out with some yard wheeling Tues. afternoon, we've wheeled a lot of obstacles on this trip, but I must say this is the first time we have encountered water fowl obstacles! :haha:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: Sep 22, 2006, 03:57:08 PM »
After the McDade Ranch Loop we took off across the street from some exploring on the paper company tract. Bubba will probably recognize some of this..
When Glen goes exploring he means EXPLORING! :bud:
We were following a fire break, at one point we saw a clearing across a ravine we couldn't cross so Mark and I walked across. There were ATV tracks and all these seedy things on the ground. I figured it had something to do with deer hunting :dunno:
It was getting late and Glen's mom was expecting us back for dinner at 6:00 (by the time we were at this ravine it was already after 6:00 :shake: So we finally follow our tracks back to where we started. As we come out onto the main road we catch up to Glen talking to the guys on the ATV's.
I figured he knew them, but no... they said they were out on their deer lease and when they saw us and they had to find out who it was, they knew the only way out was the way we went in so they waited for us.
They thought maybe we were trying to scam on their deer lease but I said I think we'd have to be a bit more stealthy :ninja: then crashing through the brush in a bright yellow jeep! :rofl:
Anyway, they were a cool bunch of guys and, of course, they had to check out the mammoth. :haha:

well more pics...

Where is the Mammoth?

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #1212 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:07:30 PM »
So when U gona be home ?
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:07:34 PM »
The next day we went to Hot Springs to wheel at the High Lift ORV Park. It would have been cool to have way more time to do that area. We're going to have to go back when they have a weekend event :eyebrow: or we just have a long weekend :yupyup:

Glen took the scenic route home. I must say, AR is very beautiful.

Where is the Mammoth?

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:13:14 PM »
that first pic in the last post does look familar.That looks about like the spot where I had to get out and push us off the stump. :cheese: It was kinda dark though.
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:16:32 PM »
The next day we went to Hot Springs to wheel at the High Lift ORV Park.
  u mean the superlift park? :headscratch:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:20:23 PM »
Thurs. we were supposed to go to that Ross Foundation land. Glen had had a really bad toothache since at least the day before and needed to go to the clinic for antibiotics and on top of that I had woken up at like 3am with what felt like a hot lump of coal in my belly and never did fall back to sleep.

My stomach was still bothering me in the morning and I was really tired. We went with Glen to the clinic, but after about an hour and a half I decided I just wanted to go back and lay down.

I felt bad having spoiled the day of wheeling but it still took Glen another hour before he even got out of the clinic and it was about 2-3 by the time he got back to the house.

As you saw in Glen's post above, he and Mark went out wheeling on the paper comp. tract again.

It was cool for the two of them to get to go out by themselves but I figured it would be trouble :haha:

Anyhoo, I got some sleep and felt a little better by that evening... we ordered pizza and wings for dinner and the McDade Clan had a little surprise for Mark a few days early.. you can see the joy in Mark's eye's as Glen lights the candles :rofl:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:28:45 PM »
but of course, all good things come to an end. We didn't get up as early as planned, as usual so we were able to get one more picture before we hit the road.

As you can see, it doesn't matter what time a picture is taken of MrW, he always looks like he's looped...

Where is the Mammoth?

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:32:32 PM »
 :tantrum: Dangit glen I knew I forgot to do something
My budget beater

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #1219 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:36:39 PM »
THE 3 STOOGES 
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:37:59 PM »
  u mean the superlift park? :headscratch:
What....evah.... :rofl: Yeah, that too!

that first pic in the last post does look familar.That looks about like the spot where I had to get out and push us off the stump. :cheese: It was kinda dark though.
  He didn't say anything about that but he said that was as far as the two of you got.
You should have hung out another week, Bubba! It would have been so cool for the four of us to all go wheeling.

Next time. :yupyup:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:42:38 PM »
:yupyup:

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:44:30 PM »
yeah he got the third stuck on a stump,it was dark and he said he hadn't been out there before  ::)

I wish I coulda stayed,it would have been fun.We'll get together some time though.

Oh Btw,where glen lives it is nice,but where I was staying was completely flat,I got so tired of looking at rice,soybean,cotton,and milo (sp) I was about ready to go crazy.
My budget beater

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:46:40 PM »
THE 3 STOOGES 

3 ???  i count 4,  well 3 and a half  :rofl:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:48:09 PM »
DANG!! I almost forgot the pic of the trip... while the guys were working on the mini's truck in the middle of the rubicon trail in the middle of the night some people decided it was a good time for a nap... (FTR - That be UncleJ and Joe is a passenger, not a driver...)

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:50:36 PM »
yep,  locking that elocker  made a WORLD of difference,  i was basically stuck had it not been for Bubba,  but with the elocker locked  it wernt no biggy

:woohoo:  but  i could never run a welded or spool in a truck i drove on the street, thats darn aggrivating

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #1226 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:50:50 PM »
Thats my supermodel pose........ I call it sleeping on a rock

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:52:27 PM »
DANG!! I almost forgot the pic of the trip... while the guys were working on the mini's truck in the middle of the rubicon trail in the middle of the night some people decided it was a good time for a nap... (FTR - That be UncleJ and Joe is a passenger, not a driver...)

Thats my supermodel pose........ I call it sleeping on a rock
:spit:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:52:30 PM »
:rofl:   he sure aint sleepin like that around here  the ants  would eat him alive

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:53:24 PM »
looks like a hibernating grizzly
My budget beater