Author Topic: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth  (Read 593247 times)

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth (MCR5)
« Reply #1230 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »
I belive theres also a pic of me sleeping on the mammoth trailer.....
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

jedrattle

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 333
  • Member since Apr '06
  • RockBrawlers SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: Sep 22, 2006, 05:20:58 PM »
I talked to you guys for a minute in Big Bear after doing John Bull on saturday before the group split up. Your rig is awesome!  :biggthumpup:   I hope you two made it home alright. I will see you guys on the Roundup next year!!  :best: :best:
`87 runner....it was stock....now sas'd, 37's, duals, geared/ locked, 10in bob, half doors, rock lights. etc., etc.,.........coming soon a 3.4 swap!!!

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39332.0

www.rockbrawlers.com

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: Sep 23, 2006, 04:19:11 AM »
I belive theres also a pic of me sleeping on the mammoth trailer.....

Oh yeah! The night before we headed out for MCR5 everyone said they were going back to their trucks to sleep.
We woke up to a different scene the next morning. Guess they wanted to be first in line for breakfast  :haha:

Crap! I was going to post the pic but it must be on the other computer, it'll have to wait till we get home. :snare:

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: Sep 23, 2006, 04:53:43 AM »
Well we had the perfect end to the journey at Camp Journey's End Campground. www.campjourneys-end.com
There is a restaurant adjacent to the campground, The Shed BBQ. We figured we'd treat ourselves to a nice BBQ dinner. www.theshed.com

Much to our surprise and pleasure the restaurant also featured entertainment. Last night being 'Shake it Like a Caveman' One man slide boogie - the one man being Blake Burris and featuring music by R.L. Burnside. www.shakeitlikeacaveman.com (does anyone not have a website? :haha:)

We got to chat with the boogie man :rofl: for a bit. I had heard R.L. Burnside's music, some cool blues, but didn't know who it was. Blake, the boogie man, said he got the name 'Shake it Like a Caveman' watching people dance one night and thought 'they look like a bunch of cavemen!'. :hahaha:

I bought a tshirt that he screen printed himself, and he threw in a free pair of screen printed undies :headscratch: Sure, why not! :rofl: Although I think 'shake it like a caveman' is more appropriate printed on guys skivvies! :think:   :yupyup: 

Anyhoo... if you happen to see Shake it Like a Caveman, The One Man Slide Boogie Band, playing at a club (or BBQ joint) near you, be sure to check him out! He was very cool and sure makes a lot of sound for one guy.

:thumbs:

Anyhoo... some pics of the evening feastivities... the really strange thing... the campground flew three flags. An American flag :usa: , a confederate flag :bud: and a Canadian flag  :beerchug: 

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #1234 on: Sep 23, 2006, 07:19:04 AM »
:worthless:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:01:21 AM »
:worthless:
  :eek: and just what do those in the post above look like? Swiss cheese? :slap:
Oh BTW - Cheesemaker, if you're out there... one of the types of cheese we got was swiss, and it is DEE LISH ISH!! I only got sliced cheese and they only had medium cheddar but I do love an extra sharp cheddar.

OK, Glen.. here's a pic for you... the LBC before cleaning off the love bugs. Most of this pileup came during my 2 hours of driving!

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:04:55 AM »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:07:31 AM »
a couple more road pics...
This was Pensacola Bay...

First.. a battle ship

Second.. driving over a temporary fix to a part of the bridge that was destroyed by one of the hurricanes.

Obviously they are building a bigger and better bridge alongside the old one.

Where is the Mammoth?

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #1238 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:31:32 AM »
:yikes: so what was that like driving over a temp brige. i know i would have the wills
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:41:36 AM »
:aaa:

was that floating??

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:43:44 AM »
:yikes: so what was that like driving over a temp brige. i know i would have the wills

Wobbly :yesnod: Mark said he could feel it moving under the wheels. We had seen it on the other side of the bridge when we were on our way out. It looks very weird.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:48:21 AM »
:aaa:

was that floating??
No, it was on the existing pylons for the most part. In some parts it was on I-beams on the pylons. The storm surge probably washed those parts out, so they're making the bridge taller.

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »
ive gone over those steel grid  temp bridges,   i  always got a pucker when i looked out the window  and could see the water beneath me  :aaa:

btw  Duchess has been down there sniffin around , i guess shes  looking for ya  :rofl:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: Sep 23, 2006, 11:14:28 AM »
Anyhoo... some pics of the evening feastivities... the really strange thing... the campground flew three flags. An American flag :usa: , a confederate flag :bud: and a Canadian flag  :beerchug: 

:smack:  that wasn't a confederate flag! It's the MS state flag! :doh: And the campground is a 'Senior Adults Winter Haven' during the snowbird months, so they probably get a lot of Kunucks down thar, hence the Maple Leaf.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: Sep 23, 2006, 11:23:09 AM »
ive gone over those steel grid  temp bridges,   i  always got a pucker when i looked out the window  and could see the water beneath me  :aaa:

btw  Duchess has been down there sniffin around , i guess shes  looking for ya  :rofl:
Duchess who ignored us the whole time we were there? :shake: I miss Nitro and Amy, they were sweet!
Nitro was cracking me up! He would run up to the driveway and when I clapped my hands he would come charging down at me, jumping up and about knocking me over and then flop on his back for a belly rub! He is very dense for a mid-size dog!
Amy was so sweet, I thought she was going to be really aggressive. I guess the cats would differ with me though! LOL!

Funny thing was, all the butt puckering I did on the trails with drop-offs, seeing the water under the temp bridge grid didn't bother me a bit.

Well we're on I-75. Just a couple hours from home now. :driving:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: Sep 23, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: Sep 23, 2006, 06:48:41 PM »
annnnndddd..... we're home. Have been for about 4 hours now. We were showing Mom some of the video from the trip. All the good stuff. The roll, Mark's wedgie, some of the video I got of the drop offs...
Mark's looking at a run on Dusy... if we leave tomorrow we can be there by next weekend! :rofl:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: Sep 23, 2006, 06:52:42 PM »
:thud:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #1248 on: Sep 23, 2006, 06:58:13 PM »
annnnndddd..... we're home. Have been for about 4 hours now. We were showing Mom some of the video from the trip. All the good stuff. The roll, Mark's wedgie, some of the video I got of the drop offs...
Mark's looking at a run on Dusy... if we leave tomorrow we can be there by next weekend! :rofl:

I'm in just let me know when to be there. :gap:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: Sep 23, 2006, 07:13:34 PM »
Mark says he just needs a couple days to do the 4-link and air bags :rofl:

He's already saying IF we do MCR6... :shake:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: Sep 23, 2006, 07:15:30 PM »
if  :rofl:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #1251 on: Sep 23, 2006, 07:19:33 PM »
If what do you mean IF!!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: Sep 24, 2006, 09:23:29 AM »
it all depends on what the definition of IF is! :yupyup:

Where is the Mammoth?

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: Sep 24, 2006, 08:33:15 PM »
Glad you made it home safe and sound!  What happened?  Did you just blow through NM and forget about me?   :greengrin:

Ryan
'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

Cheesemaker

• Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: Sep 24, 2006, 10:58:16 PM »

In Portland they have a steel bridge!  With the metal decking!  You won't find any motorcyclists on them!  When ever we did runs that would take us across the steel bridge, we would go around it!  You will dump your bike real fast!  And in the winter time forget it!  They actually shut it down if there's any threat of ice!  Friend of mine, had his dad crash into the guard rail when it was wet!

Glad the mammoths are home safe and sound!  Mrs. Willy, since ya like the aged cheddar, do you like smoked cheddar?  We make a white vintage cheddar (same recipe for 100 years) that we smoke!  It's yummy, especially when on a grilled cheese sandwich!  Maybe I'll get your address and send ya some!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: Sep 25, 2006, 04:12:02 AM »
Glad you made it home safe and sound!  What happened?  Did you just blow through NM and forget about me?   :greengrin:

Ryan
Well we didn't forget about you, but we did blow through NM. Well we did sort of forget. Mark was asleep and it wasn't till we were past Albuquerque that I realized we passed Albuquerque. Sorry about that, we were on a mission and flying like bats out of hell to get as far as we could toward AR to relax for a couple days.
I've got your tshirt, and will put it in the mail this week. PM me with your adddress. We'll have to catch you on the next go-round :cheese:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: Sep 25, 2006, 04:26:04 AM »
In Portland they have a steel bridge!  With the metal decking!  You won't find any motorcyclists on them!  When ever we did runs that would take us across the steel bridge, we would go around it!  You will dump your bike real fast!  And in the winter time forget it!  They actually shut it down if there's any threat of ice!  Friend of mine, had his dad crash into the guard rail when it was wet!

Well I guess I am glad I didn't know that about the steel span before we crossed it! :yikes: Although it was dry out and not much chance of freezing in Pensacola, FL in Sept. But I don't think there would be any other way around that is not way out of the way for bikers.

Mrs. Willy, since ya like the aged cheddar, do you like smoked cheddar?  We make a white vintage cheddar (same recipe for 100 years) that we smoke! 

:headscratch: isn't it hard to light? :smoke:  :rofl:

Smoked white vintage cheddar! Now that does sound AWESOME! I wish I had known about that while we were out there I would have looked for it. Does your company do mail order?

Where is the Mammoth?

papa mike

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 328
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: Sep 25, 2006, 08:18:53 AM »
Well I guess I am glad I didn't know that about the steel span before we crossed it! :yikes: Although it was dry out and not much chance of freezing in Pensacola, FL in Sept. But I don't think there would be any other way around that is not way out of the way for bikers.

:headscratch: isn't it hard to light? :smoke:  :rofl: dont mean to jack your thread  but  it is awsome cheese  you got to try the pepper  cheese  to  its  ,,,,so  gooood

Smoked white vintage cheddar! Now that does sound AWESOME! I wish I had known about that while we were out there I would have looked for it. Does your company do mail order?

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #1258 on: Sep 25, 2006, 09:05:22 AM »
I take it the add on pump we put on in Barstow was the fix if not temporarily since you didn't mention anymore problems?

:woohoo: I'm #1 on page 14!

Cheesemaker

• Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: Sep 25, 2006, 01:04:50 PM »
We used to be able to ship by mail, but I don't see it on our website!  www.tillamookcheese.com  But you do have a connection here though!   :yesnod:  The site does say that they recommend a 2nd day ups shipping!  Which I can do for ya!  Just let me know if you want some and I just need an address!  Also, there are links to where they sell Tillamook cheese and there are some in Florida, but I have a suspicion that it will basically be the medium cheddar and or sharp!  Just let me know!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen