Author Topic: The Official 3RZ Knowledge and Database Thread  (Read 917095 times)

D-nAsTy-MaX

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
EVAP

I know what vacuum lines you are talking about.  I will take some pictures tomorrow morning when I get off of work.

hey guys i've read over this numerous times but not seen much info. on my issue. i used a 96' taco 2.7l 3rz 5speed 4wd taco trucks engine, cab, rear axle, and taco gas tank/lines ect... put it all on my 84' pickup chassis! engine is distributor style. i replaced cracked cast manifold with later style oem mini tube header, i did hook up 02 sensors on exhaust spaced apart correctly though there is no cat only a muffler. right after swap truck was overheating(only overheating no tick/rattle) so i ordered cometic hg arp headstuds oem thermostat, ect.... did that job, while doing it replaced numerous gaskets fuel filter ect... did the works, spent forever getting it timed in(nightmare). well gotit to stop overheating but not for long then this curent issue started. sidenot: when swapping everything over my guy pulled the ac/heat stuff because i chose to not need it. in that process a lot of random vacuum stuff was pulled and some left... i think this could be what is causing my truck not to run right, current issue symptoms: (truck starts idles normal even would drive normal but this is only for about 5 mins then idle drops major loss of power gets ticking rattle sort of sound, after about 10mins of this will begin to overheat(pushes coolant out overflow) then starts trying to easily stall out and die and once it does it wont start back for few mins acts like dead battery at that point... header gets chalky white sparkplugs are white chalky at tips)

the evap canister box in above pic is off the truck though most the sensors(vps, vsv for vps, vsv for evap) on/around evap box were left on truck plugged in just not hooked up still.... currently have valvecover off everything looks fine still, timing still looks correct but dam these engines are tough to time.... pulled oilfilter going to cut it apart see if any metal is in there rule out major issue. going to hook up scanner and timing light ect... next few days check all that.

any info on what could be my issue? how tofix?  and if i just need to unplug remove and cap off all the left over vacuum stuff, or collect parts and reinstall it?

thanks a ton!
kevin