Author Topic: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth  (Read 593351 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth
« Reply #1290 on: Nov 19, 2006, 11:09:37 AM »
We went on a night wheeling adventure with the Jeep Club last night.

We also had the meteor shower to look forward to, or so we thought.

There were 11 Jeeps in all, we started on the trail about 7:30 pm, and by about 11:00pm had reached another main road bisecting the WMA we were in. Most of the group decided to head back but with only a 1/2 hour or so to the meteor shower 3 vehicles (about 6 people) decided to tough it out.

We went back to a clearing we had stopped at earlier. I had never seen the sky so clear or so many stars in FL. so I was really looking forward to 'the show'.

So there we were, standing in here in this clearing on the edge of a marsh, in the middle of the night, with the woods in the distance staring at the sky waiting.

And waiting... and waiting... there were a couple sightings, but it was sure nothing spectacular. And I was looking the other way every time :hammerhead:

By about midnight, after a half hour of staring at the sky, our necks aching, we started hearing strange noises coming from the darkness and we decided it was time to pack it in.

It was at least a good 30-40 minute drive, in 46* foggy night air, back to where we parked the truck.

I had on long johns, jeans, a turtleneck sweater, insulated coveralls, gloves (and had my gloved hands in my pockets) my Marlin hat underneath a big furry rabbit skin 'mad bomber' hat. And I was FREEZING!!

It wasn't on the trail as wet as we expected but as cold as it was it was just as well.
But it was really fun to get out, we didn't get home till 2am, and slept till noon! That felt GREAT!!

I didn't get very good pictures ....we were bringing up the rear the whole time... but since this is the sightings of thread...

Jeeps waiting on Mark to fix a broken rear drive drive shaft...
The Mammoth poised for welding..
Watch yer eyes... DDDZZZZZZTTTT...
and a stuck jeep...
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: