Author Topic: [Project Reeda]yup. engines out  (Read 57354 times)

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
I aint towin your 4runner if it has ant neon paint!
wth dood!!!! youll think its the goods :yupyup:

imagine DTBs truck with everthing tan besides the wheels. Everything... bed frame, axles... everything, and you will know what i am talking about. I can;t find the pic again, it was linked in a thread that I got linked to in another thread... in other words i should have saved the pic while I had it but I didn't.
like fullon desert tank...
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
go look in DTB's thread im pretty sure ive seen it in there. or somewhere on this forum..... not PBB, and im talkin within the last week or so.

wth dood!!!! youll think its the goods :yupyup:
like fullon desert tank...

paint the rest black! maybe the skid plates tan too.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Guess what guys? I found it! I was on a page earlier that got linked to LILBUDDY's thread and it is linked to a pirate pic, I new what i was talking about! lol.

I think it looks bad ass.

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
itsa nissan?

yea, hes got a flatbed ans suhc though. it does look cool. id like to see a front pic though.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

Jud

• Scumbaggin
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -261
  • Male Posts: 3,067
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Gettin it since 1990
    • View Profile
I like that color
One Ton Single Cab  - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48229

"bout tree fiddy"

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yup, thats the color im goin for.

it seems a little bit darker than dtbs truck though doesnt it?

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
itsa nissan?

looks like a chevy s10 or gmc s15
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
idk,     it looked like an old frontier at first. or an s10, of s15. idk, im gonna stick to identifying toys :hahaha:

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile

:imwithstupid:

its a s10 or s15 not a nissan
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

ontherocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 983
  • Member since Jul '07
  • ECV-711
    • View Profile
possibly never. an SAS would make al the trails around here way to easy. meaning just pebbles. 33s and a small IFS lift will suffice for now.
no sas!? budget build, make your own springhanger, shackels, and shock hoops. find used shocks, and springs, pute chevy 63" springs in the back and put the open v6 third in the front, and weld the 4cyl third and stuff it in the back, put on some used 33s or 35s and have a cheap, pimp rig that gets it. :) oh and make a square front driveline
4.7 t-case, welded rear, 33s, sr5 buckits, sas sooner than later. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=74399.0

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
an SAS will be cheaper than a cheap ifs lift.....

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile

YES! I agree that looks bad ass! Looks like I have some additional painting to take care of!  :cool:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
no sas!? budget build, make your own springhanger, shackels, and shock hoops. find used shocks, and springs, pute chevy 63" springs in the back and put the open v6 third in the front, and weld the 4cyl third and stuff it in the back, put on some used 33s or 35s and have a cheap, pimp rig that gets it. :) oh and make a square front driveline
if i sas then thats how ill do it. i want it to be custom. and cheap. well see what heppens now that the body is tore up...

an SAS will be cheaper than a cheap ifs lift.....
if i do an IFS lift it will be balljoint spacers (bout $100) and convert the rear to leafs ($150?) if i do SAS it will be very low.

ontherocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 983
  • Member since Jul '07
  • ECV-711
    • View Profile
sas!sas!sas! :) just start accumulating parts now, in a couple months u will have everything.
4.7 t-case, welded rear, 33s, sr5 buckits, sas sooner than later. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=74399.0

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
sas!sas!sas! :) just start accumulating parts now, in a couple months u will have everything.

X2

Since the rear is going to take a long time (lots of cutting and welding) you might as well continue cutting and  chop off your IFS while you are at it. :thumbs:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yeayea, well see. id rather do dual cases before SAS.

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
got a dualcase crossmember for sale, its a used budbuilt

~ John F. Kennedy ~

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
:down: if i wasnt fully broke right now, i would buy it from you. i still need to get the red truck sold and then ill have some money again.

Reynolds

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 491
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
That flat tan S10 in the previous post is actually painted with Rustoleum camouflage flat tan paint. I found the picture on Pirate and sent the guy a PM about it; he said it's been holding up for a few years now. I couldn't find the paint in my area so I just settled with Krylon.
-Brian

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
That flat tan S10 in the previous post is actually painted with Rustoleum camouflage flat tan paint. I found the picture on Pirate and sent the guy a PM about it; he said it's been holding up for a few years now. I couldn't find the paint in my area so I just settled with Krylon.
thanks, yea i didnt find any of either kind of paint in the local stores.

it look sslightly darker than krylons verison.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink

yeah put your hanger on, and your frame tubes.... then build the packs, and have the axle ready and the high steer on... then when you have time to... you can have it all cut and put on in one day... so your 4runner wont be down, but one day.

I can pick up solid toy axles with no 3rd, for 150-200 hub to hub.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
idk, i dont really need a solid axle for the local wheeling... :dunno: its more fun to wheel when its a challenge to get where your going instead of oh, my 37s dont feel any of this at all.

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
:down: if i wasnt fully broke right now, i would buy it from you. i still need to get the red truck sold and then ill have some money again.

actually, not sure if it would work for you, it wasnt brought to my attention till later that it is for a 84-88, so i dont know if it will fit a 90s 4runner, but i don't know that it wont fit either....

~ John F. Kennedy ~

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
idk, i dont really need a solid axle for the local wheeling... :dunno: its more fun to wheel when its a challenge to get where your going instead of oh, my 37s dont feel any of this at all.

Yeah do what you feel is best for your terrain. The 63s will be a good start for the rear that you can easily modify to match a solid front later on.

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Yeah do what you feel is best for your terrain. The 63s will be a good start for the rear that you can easily modify to match a solid front later on.
yea, i want to extend the links abunch and move the rear axle back...itll look alittle funny, but it would give me some lift and flex a tad better.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink

:werd:

yea, i want to extend the links abunch and move the rear axle back...itll look alittle funny, but it would give me some lift and flex a tad better.

i hope you plan to not have a  rear bumper and do some sheetmetal trimming...

and WTF is with your name?
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile

Not such a good idea as far as clearancing the body.  There is some space, but not a lot to clearance before you get into the interior.

yeayea, well see. id rather do dual cases before SAS.

:yesnod:  VERY good choice. and now you can use the chain drive t-case, so all you have to get is a top shift t-case for the crawl box, and the adapter, and do your drivelines.  The stock crossmember will support duals, it just has crappy clearance.  Check out BLINGNs build, his cousin modded the stock crossmember, clearanced it some, turned out real well.  :thumbs: 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
:yesnod:  VERY good choice. and now you can use the chain drive t-case, so all you have to get is a top shift t-case for the crawl box, and the adapter, and do your drivelines.  The stock crossmember will support duals, it just has crappy clearance.  Check out BLINGNs build, his cousin modded the stock crossmember, clearanced it some, turned out real well.  :thumbs: 

Thanks for that.... ill remember that!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Thanks for that.... ill remember that!

:thumbs: no problem.  Thats what I'm running, and I love it.  Not to mention, the chain drive has a 2.56 to 1 ratio, as opposed to a 2.28 to one, so it bumps your ratio a bit, which is nice.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
:thumbs: no problem.  Thats what I'm running, and I love it.  Not to mention, the chain drive has a 2.56 to 1 ratio, as opposed to a 2.28 to one, so it bumps your ratio a bit, which is nice.

soyou are running a 3.93x2.56x2.28x5.29?
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8