Author Topic: [Project Reeda]yup. engines out  (Read 57346 times)

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
so you have 1 windshield broken and one side window broken, correct? Thats not too bad. You should be able to straighten out the roof enough to get a new windshield in. That front corner area looks gnarly. I would also get the frame checked for straightness if you are planning on fixing it. I bet your front subframe deal is all bent up on the driver side just like my 90's was. I have some 3rd gen parts for sale that might work if you need them.

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
so you have 1 windshield broken and one side window broken, correct? Thats not too bad. You should be able to straighten out the roof enough to get a new windshield in. That front corner area looks gnarly. I would also get the frame checked for straightness if you are planning on fixing it. I bet your front subframe deal is all bent up on the driver side just like my 90's was. I have some 3rd gen parts for sale that might work if you need them.
idk yet what ill do. my parents dont really wanna bother trying to fix it. they say just find something with a blown 3.0 and put the good motor from this in it and dont do this again.  theres no reason for the frame to be bent. just the side and top got FUBAR'd it was a slow roll in soft dirt.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

KDXSR5

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
hmm... find another blown 3.0 toy again then, I guess. :dunno: They shouldn't be too hard to find, there are blown 3.0 toys everywhere, lol. I hope your brother got his ass chewed.

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yea he did, its just a super messed up situation. i think ill be going camping this weekend :eyebrow: the body is already no good on this thing....catch a drift anyone? then pull the engine and put it in something else with a strait body...
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

KDXSR5

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
I would not risk the chance of screwing up your engine by going out and beating Reeda. Just my :twocents: Just wait until the PO hears about his beloved Reeda. :rofl:

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
her, yea, that was the rist thing i thought about, the alst thing she said to us, was "id love to see it driving up and down the road again, i just dont have the need for it anymore"

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
So wait, why arent you putting the good 3.0 in your red truck??
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

KDXSR5

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
he wont even reply to the red truck thread anymore... I think he forgot all about the red truck

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
So wait, why arent you putting the good 3.0 in your red truck??
it still falls under the "too nice to wheel" category with my parents :dunno:

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
i need to try swapping the starteers out later today.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Dude, that isn't much damage really.  2 new fenders, new hood, new windshield, pop the roof, new glass on the back window.  And really, it appaears to me like your brother kinda owes you the above, so :dunno:  I'd just fix it.  Couple hundred and your good.  :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Dude, that isn't much damage really.  2 new fenders, new hood, new windshield, pop the roof, new glass on the back window.  And really, it appaears to me like your brother kinda owes you the above, so :dunno:  I'd just fix it.  Couple hundred and your good.  :thumbs:
my parents odnt really wanna fix it, they want me to have something nicer, and wont hear a word about anything related to getting it fixed up. :dunno: i dont know...

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink

I 100% Agree. your brother owes you a floppin truck dude. now your out, cause your dumb ass brother doesnt know how to drive and flopped your :pokinit:... sounds to me, someone needs to get their ducks in-line and stand up and be man about it...

cause this is totally f'd up. and your parents.... are being, sorry to say... "D-BAGS"
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
it still falls under the "too nice to wheel" category with my parents :dunno:

Okay, so its better off collecting dust with a shot engine??
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
I 100% Agree. your brother owes you a floppin truck dude. now your out, cause your dumb ass brother doesnt know how to drive and flopped your :pokinit:... sounds to me, someone needs to get their ducks in-line and stand up and be man about it...

cause this is totally f'd up. and your parents.... are being, sorry to say... "D-BAGS"
i know dude,ill maybe take a look at it tomorrow, and see what i can get straitened out...

Okay, so its better off collecting dust with a shot engine??
still probably gonna sell it.

idk wahts gonna happen, right now im broke. spent all my money on the runer and the new engine...yea. good choice i know.

but, ill figure something out pretty soon hopefully.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
i know dude,ill maybe take a look at it tomorrow, and see what i can get straitened out...

still probably gonna sell it.

idk wahts gonna happen, right now im broke. spent all my money on the runer and the new engine...yea. good choice i know.

but, ill figure something out pretty soon hopefully.

My :twocents:

Swap engines. Take all useable spare parts (tranny, tcase, driveshaft, rear axle shafts, third, any good interior/exterior trim pieces) off of the 4runner then scrap it. You are just going to end up wasting more money on ANOTHER vehicle. And I agree, your brother needs to help you get squared away here since he rolled your ride.

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
My :twocents:

Swap engines. Take all useable spare parts (tranny, tcase, driveshaft, rear axle shafts, third, any good interior/exterior trim pieces) off of the 4runner then scrap it. You are just going to end up wasting more money on ANOTHER vehicle. And I agree, your brother needs to help you get squared away here since he rolled your ride.
i think thats probly what will end up happening. and its fine with me. :dunno: ill throw whatever spare seats i end up with in the bed :yupyup: and have a mini van, make a "bed cage" and be tits, jus gonna have to go easy on the truck...

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
i think thats probly what will end up happening. and its fine with me. :dunno: ill throw whatever spare seats i end up with in the bed :yupyup: and have a mini van, make a "bed cage" and be tits, jus gonna have to go easy on the truck...

Yeah well that makes the most sense to me. No point in getting ANOTHER vehicle to add to the collection. Lots of good parts on the 4runner. You can still wheel the snot out of your truck and not flopp it up. Just gotta learn to drive better than your brother. Look at my 4runner for instance. I have owned it almost 5 years, wheeled the crap out of it and still to this day it has a straight body. You can wheel a truck and keep it pretty at the same time.

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Yeah well that makes the most sense to me. No point in getting ANOTHER vehicle to add to the collection. Lots of good parts on the 4runner. You can still wheel the snot out of your truck and not flopp it up. Just gotta learn to drive better than your brother. Look at my 4runner for instance. I have owned it almost 5 years, wheeled the crap out of it and still to this day it has a straight body. You can wheel a truck and keep it pretty at the same time.
yea, ill probly rock the runner for a while and trailer it too some local trails, beat it up, save the front doors for some half doors, and then call it good.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
yea, ill probly rock the runner for a while and trailer it too some local trails, beat it up, save the front doors for some half doors, and then call it good.

There you go. Just don't let your parents talk you into getting rid of your red truck, that thing is way nice and with all the spare parts from your 4runner you could have a really nice ride.

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yea, i think thats whatll hapen. well at least thats my plan for now. it just sucks to have that much into the red truck. idk, well see waht happens. because i could still sell the red for about $1500 and put that much into a new runner and then swap the brand new V6 over. ok yea or i could keep the 89. shoot, im confusing myslef. idk, ill have a discussion wtihem tomorrow.

KDXSR5

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Another runner? You really love those things, don't you? Well, your brother proved they are top heavy, lol. I will agree with 46&2 and say to fix the red truck and save stuff off of the runner. I think your brother owes you at least $500, if not the whole price you paid for the runner. Only reason I say a little less is because he helped swap the engine into it. No matter what you do, let your brother know he owes you big. From my experiences, it is best to fix the junk you already own than to drag home more stuff. So fix the red truck, and wheel it around. I really don't know why your parents think it is too clean, it is not that hard to keep a truck clean. Just don't EVER let your brother drive it. ever. And be smart when you wheel and not hit trees or flop the red truck, and it will be fine. Ok, I am done :blah: Fix the red truck :twocents:

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Another runner? You really love those things, don't you? Well, your brother proved they are top heavy, lol. I will agree with 46&2 and say to fix the red truck and save stuff off of the runner. I think your brother owes you at least $500, if not the whole price you paid for the runner. Only reason I say a little less is because he helped swap the engine into it. No matter what you do, let your brother know he owes you big. From my experiences, it is best to fix the junk you already own than to drag home more stuff. So fix the red truck, and wheel it around. I really don't know why your parents think it is too clean, it is not that hard to keep a truck clean. Just don't EVER let your brother drive it. ever. And be smart when you wheel and not hit trees or flop the red truck, and it will be fine. Ok, I am done :blah: Fix the red truck :twocents:
no dude, that runner was so far leaned before it finally went over...seriously probly a good 38*. idk, but it was crazy leaned before it went over. i was so surprised...

ORANGE CRUSH

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 254
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
Just letting you know if you were planning on using the half doors on a pickup they wont work 4runner doors and pickup doors are different

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Just letting you know if you were planning on using the half doors on a pickup they wont work 4runner doors and pickup doors are different
even the front doors dont match up?

jeez... i thoughti read that they did...

ORANGE CRUSH

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 254
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
The doors arent the same length and the top of the doors are angled different

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
The doors arent the same length and the top of the doors are angled different

well :pokinit:, thats hella good to know.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

KDXSR5

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
I am surprised you guys didn't know that

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
well ive never messed with 2nd gen runners or 3rd gen trucks... to know this.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

KDXSR5

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Me either, but read the Pirate FAQ sometime and you will learn LOTS of little things that can be very useful. I believe that is where I learened about those doors.