Author Topic: Motorcycle Riders  (Read 127829 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: Motorcycle Riders
« Reply #330 on: Oct 10, 2008, 12:05:46 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mo9Vlt5tGwY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mo9Vlt5tGwY</a>
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #331 on: Oct 10, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »
:thumbs: i like it!
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #332 on: Oct 10, 2008, 01:16:29 PM »
works on the track. probably not so great on the street, unless you are riding like you're on the track.probably not too much help against the cage pulling a left into your lane either.

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: Oct 11, 2008, 08:17:18 PM »
I'm getting back in the game in, quite possibly, the dumbest way possible.  This was supposedly an '81 Honda CB750F Super Sport at one time.

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #334 on: Oct 11, 2008, 08:19:57 PM »
I'm getting back in the game in, quite possibly, the dumbest way possible.  This was supposedly an '81 Honda CB750F Super Sport at one time.

Looks like a basket case to me.

:cheese:
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: Oct 11, 2008, 08:32:52 PM »
Could be sweet with some work.... I could have told you that if you could figure out how to empty your inbox too  :shake:  maybe the thread in chit chat telling you to do so could have been a hint too  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=50361.0;highlight=te51levin
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: Oct 11, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »
This was supposed to be your pm:  So it's this one?  http://eugene.craigslist.org/mcy/825276311.html

Looks like a good find anyway!  On a similar note, I've been seriously thinking about selling 2 of the bikes and getting something different, then saw a newer cb919 on craigslist the other day for a good price  http://redding.craigslist.org/mcy/873476500.html

That or a superchicken are high up on my list, despite the fact that I want to break away from the inline 4 for the next bike, which is kinda why I was leaning toward superchicken.  I also want to get a bike that gets over 40mpg again since the f4i gets 36.  I don't think I'd be too sad about sitting up a little straighter for a while too  :ack:  I'd probably keep the street f4i for track duty though  :yupyup:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: Oct 11, 2008, 08:53:50 PM »
You're right, I simply can't figure out how it works.  Sorry Nate, I don't use Marlin PMs as a primary form of communication for non-Marlin topics (I use email and phone calls for that) so I don't pay much attention to the inbox, despite the fact that it collects more stuff than the Jehovah's Witnesses leave on my front step.  Watchtower, anyone?  :nana:

Anyway, it's empty now, and yes, that's the bike...or what's left of it.  Check www.cb1100f.net for some neato old-school builds.  There are quite a few of these old buzzards in the Pictures forum that have been subtly, or wildly, modified.  Most of them are done in surprisingly good taste!

Oh...and this is my 100th post.  Do I get like a birthday cake, or a beer, or a piece of chicken or something?  Or just a punch in the nose for sticking around this long?

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #338 on: Oct 11, 2008, 08:56:04 PM »
:tantrum: oh the commander of sheppard AFB is tickin me off. sheppard oversee's the training wing here at Eglin (Sheppard is in witchita falls TX, we're in Florida) and somebody over there got on a bike, without his safety course or license. decided to speed to about 140mph and got in a wreck, killed himself. so, the commander there decided to ban all newly enlisted personnel from riding their motorcycle until they have an interview with the commander at their base. problem is, the commander here just got back from his tour to afghanistan and the capt he left in charge during that time doesnt like doing paperwork or holding a 5 minute interview with the 6 of us that ride motorcycles. so my bike's been parked for the last 6 weeks looking lonely :rivers:
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: Oct 11, 2008, 09:02:57 PM »
Some of us don't like using phones for most things!  I like the black one in the guy's sig line, very clean!  Also, I got my new triple compound tires for the f4i but haven't chucked em on yet.  I need to hook up with ed, get his help mounting them and use his tire balancer.  It takes for frickin ever to get the weight right though cause you have to let the wheel absolutely stop spinning before you can do the weight adjustments  :thud:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: Oct 11, 2008, 09:06:09 PM »
Bummer red  :therethere:  There's always a douchebag who'll ruin it for the responsible  :shake:  I can constantly hear them speeding up the road by me, practicing their wheelies or doing both.  I'm sure it makes some of my neighbors look down on me when I ride by, but hopefully they're smart enough to be able to tell the bikes apart and notice that I don't ride like that!
RIP KYOTA

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: Oct 11, 2008, 11:23:23 PM »
Nate, if you want something like the turd I found, check this:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/868697638.html

Kind of a long drive, but interesting.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: Oct 12, 2008, 03:06:05 PM »
Thanks, but I like mine a little more modern, and with some forks that won't bob and weave out from under me when I breath on the brakes or chuck it in a corner  :thumbs:

One of my coworkers has one like the silver one, but I think his has a red or blue stripe going all around the bodywork  :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: Oct 13, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »
RIP KYOTA

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: Oct 13, 2008, 12:30:14 PM »
Nice find!  I cross-posted that over to cb110f.net so hopefully someone will give it a good home.

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: Oct 13, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
I got the mess home yesterday.  Here is the bulk of it.  Most of the rest is crammed into the back of the Jeep.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: Oct 13, 2008, 07:50:38 PM »
Sweet!  :thumbs:  Have you asked that dude with the super clean cb in his sig line where he got his bitchin full system?  It looks like a really high quality newer setup more like you'd find for my bike, so I wonder if it was custom made or if there's enough of a following for these that somebody is making a serious exhaust for them now?  Either way, on the older bikes like this it's a lot easier to see big power changes from exhaust than it is on a newer bike like mine, and I bet you could fab up your own stainless system fairly easily and help pull all the potential there is out of that engine!!
RIP KYOTA

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: Oct 13, 2008, 08:17:03 PM »
Sweet!  :thumbs:  Have you asked that dude with the super clean cb in his sig line where he got his bitchin full system? 
What guy, which sig?  Do you mean AlaskaGriz?  I haven't asked too many "where can I buy" questions yet, because quite frankly there are bigger things to worry about than where to get a trick exhaust system...like making sure this heap is solid enough to run at all...which it may not be!  :ack:

Here's my intro thread with more pics of this gawdawful mess, if you're interested:
http://cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=44961

There are lots of big pics.  It will be slow going if you're on dialup...

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: Oct 13, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »
Well, you are obviously not one to back down from a challenge!   :eek:

Or run away screaming like a little girl, as some of us cowards might....   :willynilly:

It will certainly be interesting to see what you can do with it.   :biggthumpup:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: Oct 13, 2008, 09:09:45 PM »
It will certainly be interesting to see what you can do with it.   :biggthumpup:
For my first trick, I drained the oil.  Well, not oil so much as several quarts of cool, clear, refreshing water...followed by oil...sort of.  This may call for a heart transplant for the bike...or a brain transplant for me.  :hammerhead:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: Oct 13, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »
So it was just like when I used to change the oil in the 81 2wd before I swapped the engine in the 4by and got a few more years out of it?  :gap:
RIP KYOTA

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: Oct 13, 2008, 10:07:49 PM »
Umm...what?  I dunno, man, but here's a twelve quart drain pan almost two thirds full.  The first several quarts are water, and the last few quarts are...well..."oil".

I think it might be time for  :willynilly: if this thing turns out to be a submarine.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: Oct 13, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »
It's been a long time I know, but when I had head issues with the 81 I'd usually drain 6-8 quarts of water then oil, or what resembled cappuccino if it'd been recently run.  I'm amazed that I was able to run it like that for 1 1/2 years in that truck, then had it last about 3 years in the 4by  :dunno:  Guess that's why I love toyotas!

Anyway, hopefully you got lucky and the water stayed below the bearings  :crossed:  I would definately start your search for another mill though, that is if the rest of it looks good enough to use anyway!
RIP KYOTA

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #353 on: Oct 13, 2008, 10:27:58 PM »
i want a bike back :rivers:

i need to fix my TT
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #354 on: Nov 01, 2008, 04:01:39 AM »
Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KycZk1M7g24

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KycZk1M7g24" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KycZk1M7g24</a>
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: Nov 01, 2008, 07:27:59 AM »
 :yikes:  Holy :pokinit:!!!!!  What incredible talent!! 
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: Nov 01, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »
I've only been able to watch about 30 seconds so far, but from what I've seen  :yikes:  I've been wanting to do a track day in the rain with rain tires for a loooong time, but I finally sold my rain tires last year before they hardened up.  It may sound dumb to a lot of people, but I really want to go out and progressively push it harder until I find the breaking point  :_oops:  I think it'd be fun  :gap:  I love riding in the rain...  man, it's raining today and I haven't ridden the bike in  while   :disturbed:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: Nov 01, 2008, 12:17:14 PM »
I'm drawing a blank on who it was, but I wanna say troy corser or troy bayliss crashed like 3 times in a very wet WSB race and still won.  He'd crash, pick it up and ride way faster than everybody else, crash, etc.  It was probably one of the most exciting races I've ever watched!

When I still lived at home I couldn't have cared less about street bikes.  One day stocker and I came upon an ama race in the rain and we watched it because we were both so blown away by how fast those guys were still going in the rain! 
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2008, 12:23:54 PM by kneedownnate »
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: Nov 01, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »
This is a pretty good short vid of Gary McCoy sliding around.  This is what I practiced doing until I highsided  :_oops:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gELHaZIDJqM&feature=related
RIP KYOTA

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #359 on: Nov 01, 2008, 02:30:26 PM »
dang...itd be way fun to take abike up in teh hills around here, some clay and some regualr mud, but :love: itd be sooooo fun...

so Nate: In the next few months i wil be needing to get an 02 KX 250 rebuilt, any shops youd recommend in Redding?
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS