Author Topic: $300  (Read 262702 times)

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: $300
« Reply #1020 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:12:10 PM »
Cool truck  :thumbs:

Thanks, Ive been working on it for like 3 years now....  :hahaha:

13 years?? well at least you know how to get there...  :wag:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:56:07 PM »
how's it going trash its been a while congrats on the wife :beerchug:
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: Feb 27, 2008, 11:11:06 PM »
good to see ya back

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: Feb 28, 2008, 09:34:04 AM »
Wow WT! it's really good to see you again! I'm with Jimbo (if you can believe that :hahaha: ) It's very admirable to own up to your mistakes.
We all screw up at one time or another and you're here to make good on your debts, I don't see how anyone still harbor a grudge.
WELCOME BACK....     MARLIN GROPE HUG!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: Feb 28, 2008, 04:08:55 PM »
Whitey's back !

Well I'll be dipped in :pokinit:.

Glad to see your back and hope everybody else feels the same. It takes a big man to admit to doing wrong by people and facing the consequences.

Looks like you have done good for your self, job, wife and all. See what happens when you walk away from the Marlin board for awhile, things start getting done.  :ha_ha:

Kinda missed not meeting you any of the three times we came to MCR.

Welcome back
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

toybuilt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -275
  • Male Posts: 1,116
  • Member since Feb '05
  • toy + chevy = Toy-vie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:18:27 PM »
I'm happy to see ya back :beerchug: You'r a mighty white guy :biggthumpup:
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

1983 Toyota Turned Chevy

Treat every day like its your last, because you never know when your time is up. In loving memory of Judstin.

WHITE_TRASH [OP]

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: Feb 28, 2008, 10:17:24 PM »
Thank you kindly guys (and wimmin):gap: 

Im kinda tossing around the idea of making MCR this year... we'll see what pans out.  Its a dark horse chance but a chance none the less.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: Feb 29, 2008, 05:21:20 AM »
even if we were trying to plan on going this year, which we weren't there is no way we'd be able to afford fuel by Sept. It's craziness!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

WHITE_TRASH [OP]

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: Feb 29, 2008, 05:10:52 PM »
I understand that one... I just wish there was a way to get my truck in the reefer trailer and take a detour on the way down....  :hahaha:

But like I said, its a serious darkhorse deal but ya never know.  Sometime I just show up at things unannounced...  :gap:

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:44:19 PM »
even if we were trying to plan on going this year, which we weren't there is no way we'd be able to afford fuel by Sept. It's craziness!
didnt you say that the last 2 years?

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: Feb 29, 2008, 11:14:06 PM »

dang ol whitey, welcome back mang
 :beerchug:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: Feb 29, 2008, 11:24:16 PM »

You guys just need to brew your own bio-diesel, load up with a few 55 gallon drums and you'll be golden :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: Mar 01, 2008, 05:15:48 PM »
You guys just need to brew your own bio-diesel, load up with a few 55 gallon drums and you'll be golden :thumbs:

Well the tank in the LBC holds 145 gal and we fill up about five times to get there and five to get back. At $3.69 a gal that would be about $5350 in fuel alone.

BTW, we are off topic, this is Whitey's thread  :welcome:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

WHITE_TRASH [OP]

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: Mar 01, 2008, 05:44:15 PM »
And biodiesel is a joke.  My dad and I have ran his '01 dodge on straight canola oil in the warm months for the last 4 years with NO issues like the biogeeks swear will happen.  We change the filter about once a month under normal usage. Power is about the same and with dad driving the mileage goes up almost .2 per gallon.  The canola oil is free too.  The mini mart by his place gives him all their oil for free.  He filters it and dumps it in the tank.  Truck has 360k and counting, 200k of that has had canola in it. ;)

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »
I would just do the bio personally because I don't want to run two tanks and wait for my oil to warm up, then wait for the diesel to wash out the oil in the system.  Did you guys change over to viton seals too?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

WHITE_TRASH [OP]

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:40:58 PM »
Nope, didnt change the seals, the only thing that has been changed on that truck since new has been the lift pump.  It crapped out a few times (typical 24 valve) so I put a carter pump back by the tank.  That was a few years ago.

Two tanks?  Warming it up??  Why bother?  If its above 45ish degree's just dump it in the tank and run it straight.  When it starts getting down to the high 30's we start putting in more road diesel vs canola.  In the winter it gets pure road fuel.

Ive been to a number of bio sites and most of what they preach is pure propaganda...  They love to talk of how bad running veggie oil and the like is on your engine.  Yet I have yet to see any proof from their side.  Have you? 

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:43:59 PM »
Nope, didnt change the seals, the only thing that has been changed on that truck since new has been the lift pump.  It crapped out a few times (typical 24 valve) so I put a carter pump back by the tank.  That was a few years ago.

Two tanks?  Warming it up??  Why bother?  If its above 45ish degree's just dump it in the tank and run it straight.  When it starts getting down to the high 30's we start putting in more road diesel vs canola.  In the winter it gets pure road fuel.

Ive been to a number of bio sites and most of what they preach is pure propaganda...  They love to talk of how bad running veggie oil and the like is on your engine.  Yet I have yet to see any proof from their side.  Have you? 

:dunno: I haven't heard of any problems.  I thought the biggest issue was the whole temp thing like nate mentioned.  Methinks I might be running canola oil soon :gap:

I read somewhere there is a trucking company in oregon running their big rigs off of straight veggie oil, but I don't remember where. Any truth to that that you know of? :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

WHITE_TRASH [OP]

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:52:07 PM »
Not sure of any running straight veggie but Kettle brand chips in salem runs ALL their fleet vehicles off biodiesel.  The semi's are all on it and they office cars are vw tdi beetles.  I was talking to their engineers one day about their waste oil.  He said they give their oil away in trade for the bio company taking ALL their waste products. 

He refused to believe their trucks would run on straight veggie oil.  Then I told him the deal on dads truck and he got very interested.. I haven't talked to them in a couple years though, not sure what they are running now.

I think the seal deal is if you want to run peanut oil....  I think the peanut oil has some chemicals in it that eat the rubber.  Not 100% on that one though...

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: Mar 01, 2008, 10:25:22 PM »

Majority of my information has been picked up via toyotadieselmadness.com.  I let them do the leg work, then if I can ever afford a toyota diesel, or can afford to import a 1kzte half cut :drool: I can have a decent information base.

At this point I just take everything I hear/read with a grain of salt and try and read through the bs.  I do know the toyota lift pumps don't last too long with the vegi oil, but once the seals are replaced everything seems to be kosher.
RIP KYOTA

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: Mar 02, 2008, 08:43:26 AM »
I've seriously been considering running biodeisel (making my own, building a kit like those fuelmeister(?) ones.)  I know red has run bio deisel, made his own, lets see what he has to say. 

*Edit* I'm going to start another thread, so we don't clutter up yours whitey :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Alpine4x4

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Im special
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: Mar 03, 2008, 03:32:46 PM »
Can you enlighten me on the loop hole for buying the 6 stud knuckles without paying homage to the devil? :laugh:
1986 Toyota 4Runner-SAS-22re-Comp Cam-Downey Headers-Bored .40 over-Flowmaster-Full Rebuild-6" Lift-35x14.5 Boggers-Lockright f/r-Geared-Hysteer-Being full rebuilt!
-Rolled and sold-
1989 V6 Ext. Cab SR5  1.5" BJ spacer lift, 2" custom shackles, 33x10.5 swamper tsl radials, cragar steelies, marlin ceramic clutch.

WHITE_TRASH [OP]

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: Mar 03, 2008, 06:47:24 PM »
www.datinfab.com  They supply a bunch of parts to most of the toyota shops including this one....  ;)

WHITE_TRASH [OP]

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: Mar 09, 2008, 09:53:56 PM »
Spent the day working on the new cage.  Its a 10 point kit from Chris alston chassisworks.  WELL worth the money for what ya get!  We still have a loooong way to go but the basics are in now.  Harness's will be here this week so Ill actually be able to stay in the rig since there hasn't been a place to mount seatbelts till now...  :gap:

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #1043 on: Mar 10, 2008, 07:17:10 PM »
YO   White Trash I found yer new avatar

:usa: :beerwhack:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

WHITE_TRASH [OP]

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: Mar 11, 2008, 09:10:29 AM »
Thanks, thats a nice find. :gap:

I don't have much for pics of the cage with me but I'm very happy with the kit and how its turning out. It came with a LOT of extra tubing and it fits exactly like it should.  The only thing I don't like about it is the front down tubes are straight from the factory which leaves about 5" between the cage and the front of the seats to get your feet past...  So we had to bend the tube into a dog leg so there is sufficient room now.

My wife helped a bunch on it too, she capped teh cab where I lopped the roof off, cleaned the old pieces of bumper off the main nose pick.  And it'll have primer on it when I get home thursday, its getting the cage finished and a complete paint job this weekend. :)

I'm stoked to get home and get back to work on it, the harder I work the harder I play and I've been busting my ass at work so that truck is going to get its ass kicked when it gets done...   :gap:

rockhound

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 169
  • Male Posts: 817
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »
Missed ya' Whitey. Welcome back.  :beerchug:

Congratulations on the wedding.

Keep up the good work.  :biggthumpup:
How you 'sposed to know what your limitations are, till you exceed them.

www.RunandPlayMotorsports.com

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:31:53 PM »

I see you haven't lost your sense of subtlety

WHITE_TRASH [OP]

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:45:35 PM »
Yup, subtlety is my specialty. :P

Just wait till the truck is painted....  Ordered harness's for the Mrs and I.....  Hot pink is soooo damned subtle. Picked up paint for the truck and the cage, ordered roll bar padding too....  You ain't seen nothing yet!  :driving:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »
You ain't seen nothing yet!  :driving:

i'm skeered!
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

WHITE_TRASH [OP]

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »
Missed ya' Whitey. Welcome back.  :beerchug:

Congratulations on the wedding.

Keep up the good work.  :biggthumpup:

I REALLY need to load the wedding album and link it here.  We got married on the WE rock course at Goldendale.  7rigs in the wedding, she showed up to the "alter" in psychotoys samibuggy. Now thats redneck!  :gap: