Author Topic: Glen Needs Our Help - Donations Needed- Please help  (Read 46000 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Glen Needs Our Help - Donations Needed- Please help
« on: Mar 04, 2006, 02:42:55 PM »
I spoke to Glen a little earlier from the funeral home, I don't know how to put this so I guess I'll just put it out there.
As I am sure most of you are aware, Glen has fallen upon some really hard times and rotten luck in the recent past.
He and his family are going need help covering his fathers funeral expenses. The VA pays for the grave site, but nothing else, and they recieved very little from his fathers SS death benefits. Needless to say there was no life insurance.
If anyone can help out with a donation for Glen and his family, anything would help. PM me or Glen. I have paypal acct. if that makes it easier for anyone.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2006, 06:01:57 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Glen Needs Our Help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2006, 04:40:59 PM »
I have no idea how much they need, but I suspect that if everyone pitched in $5 or $10 it would make a huge difference.

:biggthumpup: 
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2006, 04:56:50 PM »
Whats the needed amount...we could put in a sort of "reverse counter" to were it counts down the ammount he has received
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2006, 05:08:55 PM »
from what i have found out we must have $4000 by tuesday
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

burnyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -36
  • Male Posts: 567
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • BURNYOTA
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2006, 06:41:29 PM »
I think that Mrs W is right, as well as BD..$5-10 per person could help out a lot..lets all pull together and make this happen
85 p/u, marlin#208, built 22R on propane, old school longs, 5.29's / detroits, bobbed, chopped, and flopped

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »
Might help if you post up the paypal account for people to make donations, and maybe put mention of it in the thread title.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2006, 08:26:14 PM »
I'm with Nate on this one.  How bout we get a paypal address.  Or the people who are interested in helping out get it emailed to them.  I know it would be a lot easier for me to help out if I can do it electronically.

Put me on the list if it's gettin emailed. 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2006, 08:52:14 PM »
One thing to remmember is PayPal will want their share of each transaction and that will not help matters.

If everyone was to send Glen a check of the amount they felt comfortable with it would make better cents.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2006, 09:13:41 PM »
Mark  yer right.... I think I still have Glen's addy from Christmas :headscratch:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2006, 10:34:01 PM »
I believe paypal only takes like 3%, and I think that's only if it's paid via credit card, but I could be wrong.  This could be one of those situations where people might want to keep their anonymity, and if money is needed quickly then mailing checks would probably not be quick enough.  Not ball bustin, but it's late saturday night, and tuesday's only......couple days away?  97% would most definately be helpful.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2006, 11:37:54 PM »
from what i have found out we must have $4000 by tuesday

:psss: From what I hear, only $3800 left to go...

We can make this happen, in reality if every member gave only $1 that would be over $5,000 so donating $5 or $10 would be a significant donation.

:thumbs:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2006, 11:41:31 PM »
One thing to remmember is PayPal will want their share of each transaction and that will not help matters.

If everyone was to send Glen a check of the amount they felt comfortable with it would make better cents.

I just checked my paypal account and it looks like it is FREE to send and receive money with personal accounts.  Too bad it takes 3-4 days to transfer money into the paypal account which would take too much time.  :sad2: 
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2006, 11:46:59 PM by blackdiamond »

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2006, 05:54:04 AM »
the funeral home director is very nice, it might be ok to send the checks and e transfers to him if not Diane volunteered to use her paypal,

Mr James J Dial  is the FH director,
his  email is jdial@stei.com
www.griffinleggett.com
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2006, 05:56:18 AM »
and Glen has no way to cash checks, you would have to get money orders to him, which would be anonymous if you wanted to remain anonymous. Maybe checks could be made out in the name of the funeral home and sent to Glen or the funeral home? I don't know, just another thought.
Considering checks won't get in the mail till tomorrow there is no way they will make it on time to AR. But I'm sure even if they are a couple days late it's still better then nothing, it would just be that the funeral is delayed.

OK let me say this now to make things easiest and because we will be out all day.. If you want to paypal me, or would rather get money directly to Glen PM GLEN. I will give him my PP info that he can give to you, or he'll you know other methods to get money to him or the funeral home

Thanks again for anything you can do.  :beerchug:

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
thanks Diane,  :sad2:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
this is from Griffin and Leggetts  website.   Thank you all to any that can help

What methods may I use to pay for the funeral?

Funeral costs may be paid by cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or an assignment of verified insurance benefits. 

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
I just spoke with the funeral home and they said that it is possible to make a contribution using your credit card, even though it's only going to be a small portion of the total cost.  For anyone wanting to do so, just call the funeral home during normal business hours at 501-661-9111 and ask for Melinda.  She is the secretary who handles the credit card payments.  And let her know you want to contribute to the expenses for William McDade.  Melinda will be in the office Monday morning.
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
I just spoke with the funeral home and they said that it is possible to make a contribution using your credit card, even though it's only going to be a small portion of the total cost.  For anyone wanting to do so, just call the funeral home during normal business hours at 501-661-9111 and ask for Melinda.  She is the secretary who handles the credit card payments.  And let her know you want to contribute to the expenses for William McDade.  Melinda will be in the office Monday morning.

Great, thanks for the info :thumbs:

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile

Done deal in the AM.

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I just spoke with the funeral home and they said that it is possible to make a contribution using your credit card, even though it's only going to be a small portion of the total cost. For anyone wanting to do so, just call the funeral home during normal business hours at 501-661-9111 and ask for Melinda. She is the secretary who handles the credit card payments. And let her know you want to contribute to the expenses for William McDade. Melinda will be in the office Monday morning.
Thanks for following up on that MrsPA. The most efficient way to get this covered at this point is to send the money to the funeral home. If you don't want to/can't use a credit card, try calling them and let them know you will be sending them a check/money order so they will be aware that there are more funds on the way and let Glen know.

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
thank you all so much

my neighbor came over and gave us $100,  and we just stood on the porch in a big blubbering group hug for about 20 minutes

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
a blubbering group hug!    Now you're going to make me cry too!

I would like to remind anyone that would like to still use paypal to PM me for the address. I don't want it public here. Thanks.
Its not to late to GIT'R DUN! :bud:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
i was doing fairly well till i was getting his clothes that he had on at the hospital  out of the van, when i smelled the tabacco  on his shirt i just fell to pieces,   i walked back in the funeral home crying like a baby  clutching his shirt and blanket mom had made him :rivers:

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
crying is a good thing, Glen. Holding it in is not. Mourning has many stages, the sooner you get through them the sooner you heal, but everyone heals at their own rate. We're here for you

Where is the Mammoth?

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
C'mon people, pony up for a good cause. If you got a personally written Christmas card from Glen and are not planning to donate you should kick your own ass! You most likely blow more money on lunch at McDonald's than it would cost to help Glen. 5 or 10 dollars is not that much to ask.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
 :yesnod: well put AB, but I might add a lot of people are playing on the weekends and more will most likely be seeing this thread later today or tomorrow.
At least that better be there ONLY excuse :bat:

Where is the Mammoth?

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
I cant afford it right now, been laid off for the last month and I even pm'd Glen telling him this and that I wish I could help. This is what I'm going to do, I have a couple hundred dollars worth of parts for sale right now and as soon as they sell I will donate ALL of it to Glen. It may not make it in time for the funeral but will go anyway to help recoup some of the expenses. Still wish there was more I could do Glen. Like I said in my pm, I lost my pa when I was 18 and 20 years later there probably isnt a day that I dont think about him. Its hard but that is just a symbol of how much you love that person.

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
I've gotta check my finances tomorrow (tomorrows payday...) but I'll see what I can do.  It's been tight around here, but as everyone has said, every little bit helps.

Helps coming Glen!
Were all here for you!
Ryan

'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
I've gotta check my finances tomorrow (tomorrows payday...) but I'll see what I can do. It's been tight around here, but as everyone has said, every little bit helps.

Helps coming Glen!
Were all here for you!
Ryan

thanks buddy