Author Topic: Glen Needs Our Help - Donations Needed- Please help  (Read 46024 times)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Hey guys sorry it took me so long to get this posted its been a crazy day here at the funeral home. :circle:
As of right now.....the balance is $2163.87. Keep up the good work and I have some friends that I have talked to and they are going to get their band together this weekend and have a jam session and they are donating the money they make off the crowd to the cause....I told them all about how you guys have come together and that really inspired them! Like I said you guys ROCK!!!! :usa:

Glen you know you can call me anytime you need anything hang in there.....

I'll keep you all posted as the balance keeps getting smaller

Thanks again to everyone who has been calling in and donating...it's been great talking to you guys and if you are ever in Arkansas stop by and I'll treat you to a :beer:
it sounds like we have a official Marlin Band

does anybody there have a toyota  :dunno:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
What's the name of the band?
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

the1melinda

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 23
  • Female Posts: 0
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

They go by "Soul Search" They are mostly a cover band...stuff like old 70's rock some 80's stuff too. They are really awesome and I do believe there is a Toyota owner or two
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways...chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, boby throughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...DAMN WHAT A RIDE!!!

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
"The Crawlers" ??

:dunno:
I like to Drive!

the1melinda

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 23
  • Female Posts: 0
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
"The Crawlers" ??

:dunno:

Maybe I could suggest that to them :)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways...chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, boby throughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...DAMN WHAT A RIDE!!!

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
Maybe I could suggest that to them :)
I'd appreciate that, thanks!! 

Actually your post went through before mine.

:psss:  I pitched in on some turtle points for ya as well.. :shhh:
I like to Drive!

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
i kept trying to figure out why melinda shows 0 posts, :dunno:  then i remembered this is the CCC  :screwy:

btw  in case i havent said it today i :love:  you guys
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
You know :think: I smell public interest story here!! STOP THE PRESSES!

The story of a vetern :usa: passing away unexpectedly leaving behind a loving wife, daughter and sons with not even enough for a decent burial.
Bring in the Marlin Crawler board, friends and strangers that have never met but to chat online, pulling together as much as they could in just a couple days (not to mention on a weekend when most members are off wheeling).  :driving:

Enter the generous funeral home,  :twocents: throw in the lovely receptionist Melinda  :love: going above and beyond the call of duty for a family she never met before  :beerchug: ...next... cue the band...    the big gig to raise money for complete strangers,  :twocents:  :twocents: all in the name of giving selflessly for others in need.  :turtle: add in all the rest that have helped out and you got yerself a story!

Call your local media, I'm serious, you never know they do love to cover those public interest stories. You see it all the time. They may have a way to contact them online as well.

not to mention... publicity for the band, publicity for the funeral home... and possibly more donations for the McDade Fund.

and btw - 70's & 80's classic rock ROCKS! 
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
and now for you viewing pleasure... Glen and his :angel: sister gettin ready to drag race ... :haha: 

Where is the Mammoth?

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
We need to see some pictures of Dad in uniform if I may call him that? :usa:

I just made a cool $80 and will be giving it to MRS W to send in with the Pay Pal's.

How many people have those change jars that just sit around collecting change. I think I will dump mine out and see what is in it.  :twocents:

Ok is it story time again?

Glen are you feeling better now?

The power of  :turtle:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Mark it makes me feel  so loved to see the awesome power of  :love:  in the :turtle:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
 :usa:
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2006, 07:43:46 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
 :usa: Great picture Glen! How old would he have been here? He looks about 16-17.

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
he always said he lied about his age, but he was born march 11th 1923,  so he would have been 18  i guess

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
 :usa: this  is my granma,dad and grandpa,  a REALLY long time ago

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
this was taken just a few weeks ago,  :down: i miss him so much,  i was working on the minivan today and started to  go up the hill to get him to give me a hand twice
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2006, 08:07:21 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
how did those get so big  :eek:

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
That's going to happen Glen.
The president of our company died suddenly just before Christmas, and while it's nothing like loosing a loved we, we respected, and admired him and were extremely upset when we heard of his death.
I still think I hear him in the breakroom, and around the office and the other day a guy with the same stature as him was walking through the parking garage, I almost said hi to him!
Your father will always be with you even if he isn't physically there.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
how did those get so big :eek:
I fixed it for you :thumbs:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
thanks,

you know i remember when my granma passed away,    we were in Utah with my sister Ruth,   and that night i woke up and i saw her standing at the foot of my bed,  the next day  we learned she had passed away in her sleep,  i was always  her favorite,   and loved her  , and i think that was her way of saying goodbye

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
Glen-

I promised help the other day...and it's still coming.  I won't forget about you!

On another note...does anyone know if Marlin is aware of the good things this board has done lately?  I'm sure he'd be proud to be associated with such a good group of folks!

Ryan

'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
thanks,

you know i remember when my granma passed away,    we were in Utah with my sister Ruth,   and that night i woke up and i saw her standing at the foot of my bed,  the next day  we learned she had passed away in her sleep,  i was always  her favorite,   and loved her  , and i think that was her way of saying goodbye

Dang it glen, you're making me :rivers:   

How ya doing buddy?  Never forget, we're all here for ya :therethere:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
doing ok i guess Jason,  when i walked up the hill today and stepped in the door to ask him to give me a hand  i couldnt help but cry,  mom asked me what i was doing and i said  i had forgot something and went outside befor she saw me

its just little stuff like that ,that get to me :down:

and Ryan  thank you  GodBless you all

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Diane, I am so with you on that... does anyone know a Journalist/Reporter? I think this would be awsome to get published... and Diane, you discribed it so well!

Glen :love: I have been gone a few hours and had a page full of posts to catch up on in this thread... by the time I was done, my stepdad walks in and is like WTF is wrong with you :rivers:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
doing ok i guess Jason,  when i walked up the hill today and stepped in the door to ask him to give me a hand  i couldnt help but cry,  mom asked me what i was doing and i said  i had forgot something and went outside befor she saw me

its just little stuff like that ,that get to me :down:

and Ryan  thank you  GodBless you all

I can't imagine glen.  I can think of all the little things my dad does, and that I ask him for help with, that when he goes, I won't be able to do and can't imagine what it would be like.  At least he's not in pain anymore.  And anytime a problem comes up in the repairs, and all of a suddne, something pops into place and it works?  Thats probably him, giving you a helping hand :yupyup:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Diane, I am so with you on that... does anyone know a Journalist/Reporter? I think this would be awsome to get published... and Diane, you discribed it so well!

I actually can talk to someone.  Dunno if it'd do any good, but it would be cool to see something like this story published :yupyup:

-Ronald Reagan

MamaK

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
MrsWillyMammoth,
PM sent from TOJC Forum - I'll do what I can.

Glen, Sorry to hear about the loss to your family.  My thoughts are with you.

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
MrsWillyMammoth,
PM sent from TOJC Forum - I'll do what I can.

Glen, Sorry to hear about the loss to your family. My thoughts are with you.
Thank you so much, Janet.
For those of you that don't know (and that is probably all of you but MrW and I), Janet is a director with The Orlando Jeep Club of which we are members.
THE KRAFTS ROCK, TOJC ROCKS!
GIT'R DUN!  :bud:

for anyone still interested in donating... it's not too late...that information again ..

You can mail a check or money order to:

William A. McDade funeral fund
c/o
Griffin Leggett Healey and Roth
5800 west 12th Street
Little Rock , AR 72204
Make sure you include a note or note on the check that it is for the William McDade fund

Call the funeral home with a CC donation
501-661-9111
and speak to the lovely Melinda, tell her it is for the William McDade fund

Or PM me to paypal me
I'll be taking collections and sending a check in about a week.

:thumbs:
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2006, 04:47:36 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
thanks,

you know i remember when my granma passed away, we were in Utah with my sister Ruth, and that night i woke up and i saw her standing at the foot of my bed, the next day we learned she had passed away in her sleep, i was always her favorite, and loved her , and i think that was her way of saying goodbye
Glen you gave me chills!
When my grandmother died, my aunt reena died (my favorite aunt) and my grandfather died, it was already after I knew they had passed away, but each time they came to me in a dream, sat or stood at the foot of my bed and said very serenely "it's alright".
As if to tell me that where they were now was cool, not to worry about it. Still can feel the pleasant comforting feeling from those dreams.

On another note...does anyone know if Marlin is aware of the good things this board has done lately? I'm sure he'd be proud to be associated with such a good group of folks!

Ryan

I PM'd Marlin about it, and Angelo and Candy are aware of it, so I would guess Marlin is aware of it, but that isn't necessarily so.
Knowing that Marlin doesn't frequent the board much maybe someone needs to call him and let him know. I am sure he would want to see it. He would be as impressed as we all are.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I actually can talk to someone. Dunno if it'd do any good, but it would be cool to see something like this story published :yupyup:
:psss: credit where credit's due. I didn't come up with the idea, Mark planted the 'this would be a good story' seed in my brain in the first place.

Where is the Mammoth?