2 (12.5%)
Yes - $25
4 (25%)
Yes - $50
4 (25%)
Yes - $100
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Donations for Glen  (Read 3022 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,056
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Donations for Glen
« on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:16:34 PM »
I started this thread as a method to see how much the board raises to help Glen.

I think that if you vote the amount that you donated, it will remain anonymous.  Moderators, please correct me if I am wrong.

Simply choose the amount or amounts that are the closest to what you donated and we can hopefully see the total grow!  It might not be perfectly accurate or show the exact number of people that donated, but it will help us track our goal!

The two best methods for donations are:

(1) Call the Funeral Home directly: 501-661-9111 - ask For Melinda and make a contribution to William McDade

(2) PM MrsWillyMammoth for paypal account information
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2006, 12:21:59 PM by blackdiamond »
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Donations for Glen
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:31:58 PM »
I donated this morning, But you don't have my amount on there. It ain't much, but right now, it's all I can do :smack:

Oh, and I didn't tell Melinda I was from the Marlin Board :headscratch: I dunno if that makes a difference in her numbers :dunno:
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2006, 12:43:13 PM by FordFreakChik »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2006, 01:00:17 PM »
My amount is not on there either, maybe set it up with an option to enter your amount?  I'm honestly not interested in knowing what each individual has donated, and don't think anybody wants to put their amount in a post, but it would be nice to be able to keep somewhat of a tally going on this.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2006, 02:25:05 PM »
When you call you can ask Melinda how much they have so far. When I called she said she had just recieved a lot of calls and it took her a bit to tally it up.
At that point the total recieved was $1055.00, but I don't know if that was specifically from the Marlin board or if she would know that. Maybe that was just from the called in CC donations. She said there is $2468.87 still to go.
It's getting there.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2006, 02:27:28 PM »
Mrs. W, can I get the PM info please ??  :yesnod:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

blackdiamond [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,056
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2006, 04:25:53 PM »
My intent was to set it up so that people could vote more than once if needed.

For example, if I donated $15 then I would vote for both $5 and $10 or whatever was a close to my donation as possible.  It didn't seem to work out that way and I don't know how to modify the poll.  :headscratch:

I don't think that voting will give away identity unless you actually post and tell us the amount.  :dunno:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

the1melinda

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 23
  • Female Posts: 0
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2006, 12:06:41 PM »
Just was checking around 'cause I am new to this message board thing but since I've been working with Glen and his family (and his extended family :) ) I thought I would look around some more and came across this. As of right this minute the amount raised so far is $1460.00!!!!! That is truley and awesome thing. The balance on the account right now is $2063.87. I will keep everyone posted on a day to day basis. And yes I am here at the funeral home Mon - Fri 8-4 ready to take any donations....every little bit helps...YOU ROCK!!!!!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways...chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, boby throughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...DAMN WHAT A RIDE!!!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2006, 12:22:13 PM »
Currently I have another $140 in donations, I have had other PM's regarding my paypal address so we should have more from them shortly.
I'm going to dump our change jar tonight and see what we have, we emptied it before we went to MCR4, but that was 6 months ago, we'll have at least $20 or so laying around in change I'm sure. Every little bit counts.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2006, 12:31:48 PM »
:woohoo: lookin good guys :thumbs:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

the1melinda

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2006, 12:31:56 PM »
Speaking of change....Last year I was involved with a fund raiser for our Children's Hospital. We called it Changels...what we did was just went around and collected change from anyone and everyone...whatever change a person had on them at that time...IT DOES ADD UP!!!! :)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways...chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, boby throughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...DAMN WHAT A RIDE!!!

the1melinda

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2006, 12:47:44 PM »
I donated this morning, But you don't have my amount on there. It ain't much, but right now, it's all I can do :smack:

Oh, and I didn't tell Melinda I was from the Marlin Board :headscratch: I dunno if that makes a difference in her numbers :dunno:

Everyone that has donated so far has been from this board...that is what is so inspiring how you all have come together to raise as much money as you have. I have talked to people literally from coast to coast and even Canada and it has been because of this board!!! You are all so frickin' awesome that I am telling your story...Glen's story to anyone and everyone....I guys are my new heros :)

MamaK

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2006, 08:35:32 PM »
I am visiting this forum - usually just hang out at The Orlando Jeep Club Forum, when I have my few minutes to be on the computer.  I drive a jeep and love it - see lots of pictures and posts about Toyotas on here, so I feel sorta like the odd woman out, but it doesn't matter. 

We met Mr and Mrs Mammoth just a few months ago- great people to be around- spent a lot of time together at the tail end of the last jeep club trail ride- the mammoth is awesome as ya'll probably already know.

Anyway, just wanted to stop in with a post about the power of the forum.  If any of you visit florida jeepers forum you know last year one of the jeepers had a horrible accident in his jeep and they sent out a similar call for aid.  I believe they raised quite a bit of money to help with expenses, as well as donations to build the young man another jeep.

Believe in the power of the forum and this group of friends- whether you've ever met in person is irrelavant- we are all united by the off road community bond and most of us will pitch in as needed.  We can all spare $5, and most of us waste $10-$20 in the blink of an eye- so I hope the donations keep coming in to get that bill paid and help the family, even if it means you skip eating out 1 meal this week.  I gave what I could to Diane tonight, so she'll be sending it in with the other donations.

Good work to everyone that's donated!

Sorry to ramble on so, this story touches so many people who have dealt with loss and financial difficulites, one or the other is tough enough, both at the same time is just wretched.

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2006, 08:43:34 PM »
thank you MamaK  :love:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2006, 11:08:42 AM »
We need to PM some other members and point them back in the direction of the other thread. A lot of people don't come to CCC that often.
I'm going to sit down and do what I can tonight. I'm going to post what I did to TOJC board to TTORA as well. we still have a ways to go, lets keep it going :bud: GIT'R DUN!!

Where is the Mammoth?

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2006, 11:13:49 AM »
can you make it a sticky in all forums?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2006, 11:35:25 AM »
I couldn't, that would be up to Cruzila or the other administrators. Guess we could ask.

Where is the Mammoth?