Author Topic: Glen Needs Our Help - Donations Needed- Please help  (Read 46012 times)

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
 :sad2:  sorry to hear about your loss Glen. I will be calling in the morning if I can still do the CC donation seeing that it is tuesday already sorry I haven't been around and saw this earlier . I still wouldn't know if diane hadn't wrote me a pm. Thanks Diane !

what are there bussiness hours? and are you mountain or central time zone.?
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I think anything we can do at anytime today (and in the next few days still) will help. Even if you can only send a check or MO. you can still at least call and tell them the check will be in the mail.
I just called, Melinda answered, she said they will be open at 8:00. I'm not sure what the zone is but they are an hour later then EST, so 2 hours earlier then Cali time.
And thanks LRS, every little bit helps!
Melinda will not be in the the office todays, she was the overnight emergency answering service, so either ask for Renee or anyone that answers will know what is going on and can help you out.

The number again:
501-661-9111
And tell them it is for the William McDade fund

And you can still PM me, I will be calling in this morning with more donations

Thanks again for all you have done, this means a lot to Glen and his family :thumbs:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
I think anything we can do at anytime today (and in the next few days still) will help. Even if you can only send a check or MO. you can still at least call and tell them the check will be in the mail.
I just called, Melinda answered, she said they will be open at 8:00. I'm not sure what the zone is but they are an hour later then EST, so 2 hours earlier then Cali time.
And thanks LRS, every little bit helps!
Melinda will not be in the the office todays, she was the overnight emergency answering service, so either ask for Renee or anyone that answers will know what is going on and can help you out.

The number again:
501-661-9111
And tell them it is for the William McDade fund

And you can still PM me, I will be calling in this morning with more donations

Thanks again for all you have done, this means a lot to Glen and his family :thumbs:

What she said!  :yesnod:

Here is what to do...  :phone: and donate  :twocents:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
Done!  8)

Just got off the  :phone: with Malinda (she just happened to answer).  She is very nice, and I told her that they were very patient and understanding allowing us all to call in like this..

On side note, i asked if she was getting calls from all over the country, and she said "from coast to coast"   :yesnod: 
I like to Drive!

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
 :woohoo: I'm going to make a call with the last paypals I got.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
Ok the done deal I just got off the  :phone: with that sweet little Melinda and made my contribution . I wish I could do more . and if you still fall short maybe .... nevermind I'll PM ya
Glen stay strong

we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I asked Glen to call me when he gets out of there and let me know that everything went smoothy :crossed:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I just called with the latest paypals I had gotten and spoke to Melinda, without trying to pry I asked her what time the burial was being held. She said it was already held at 10am and that everything went smoothly!! :woohoo: You guys ROCK!!

Melinda wanted the link to the thread so she could post up thanks as well.

But I have to say: Melinda, no, THANK YOU! :thumbs: You were a big help and I'm sure everyone there did everything possible to make this sad time a little more pleasant for the McDade family.

Diane

Where is the Mammoth?

the1melinda

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 23
  • Female Posts: 0
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hey guys I was able to get this link because I wanted to express how great you guys are and have been to Glen and his family! It is hard being in this buisness as it is and then to come across a family like Glen's ....They are so sweet and it makes me feel so good as a human being to know that there are other great humans out in this world.....I wanted to also give you guys and update so far there has been $1255.00 raised along with the discount that we were able to give the family the total due is now down to $2268.87. Again thank you guys for being as great as you are and for letting me post this....YOU ROCK!!!! :clap2:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways...chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, boby throughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...DAMN WHAT A RIDE!!!

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
:woohoo: the power of the  :turtle:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Hey guys I was able to get this link because I wanted to express how great you guys are and have been to Glen and his family! It is hard being in this buisness as it is and then to come across a family like Glen's ....They are so sweet and it makes me feel so good as a human being to know that there are other great humans out in this world.....I wanted to also give you guys and update so far there has been $1255.00 raised along with the discount that we were able to give the family the total due is now down to $2268.87. Again thank you guys for being as great as you are and for letting me post this....YOU ROCK!!!! :clap2:

Melinda,
I am, of my own choice, between jobs right now. I’ve only got a couple of hundred bucks to hold me over 2 or 3 more weeks. I did give a little money, but when I get more can I contact you to give more? It’s not like I’ll be able to take care of the rest, I guess that depends on the balance, but I can certainly pop for at least a couple hundred more.
It warms the cockles of my heart to see what has happened here. People connected only by this BBS coming together to help a total stranger, in my case anyway.
Not many places in the world would this happen. I love this country!
Melinda, please accept my/our thanks for your help and extend those thanks to the rest of your co-workers.
Mark
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
 :yesnod:  So lets ramp-up! Glen and the family got through today with the help of the :turtle: But they aren't out of the woods.
I know a lot of people were waiting on paydays, or income from parts they are selling.
[EDIT]
If you can/want to give it's not too late.
I just spoke to Melinda, we will still be sending donations to the funeral home to help get this paid off.
You can still PM me to get paypal info and I will get it to the funeral home, or you can call the funeral home directly with a credit card payment.
501-661-9111
Ask for Melinda and/or tell them it is for the William McDade fund

:turtle: Doin' a great job guys and guys!! :turtle: You should be very proud of yourselves.  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2006, 11:29:17 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
I just PM'D glen and told him to let me know if there is an outstanding balance. and I'd see what I could do at that time.

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
Hey whats the Funeral homes address so I can send a MO :beerchug:
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Hey whats the Funeral homes address so I can send a MO :beerchug:

Good point! .. now that we are not under a deadline we can send MO's and checks to the funeral home as well:

Send them to:

William A. McDade funeral fund
c/o
Griffin Leggett Healey and Roth
5800 west 12th Street
Little Rock , AR 72204

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I just PM'D glen and told him to let me know if there is an outstanding balance. and I'd see what I could do at that time.
Wow, Rockscrambler, that is very generous of you, but it's still up there.
Last word, under 'the1Melinda's' post from above (that is the funeral home receptionist) is the outstanding balance stood at $2268.87, but there are still donations coming in.
I've gotten a few more paypal payments with others waiting for payday to be able to help out.
You can call Melinda at the funeral home and she will give you the current outstanding amount at any time.

This just in... I told my co-worker, Bill, what was going on just out of conversation. He doesn't even know Glen or anything about the board except for me regaling him with tales of the Mammoth and he just gave me a ten-spot to put towards the cause.
It does my old heart good to see so many good people out there and over here! :cheer:

Where is the Mammoth?

the1melinda

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I just met with Glen a little while ago and told him and wanted to pass it along to you guys too that I will be taking money for this account as long as we need to. I am not about to put any pressure or deadline on this family or you guys ('cause you guys are sooooo awsome!) If you want to call in your donation by CC I will be more than happy to take it. I am at the funeral home Monday through Friday 8am until 4pm (that is Arkansas time) or you can mail it in to Griffin Leggett Healey and Roth, attn: Melinda Johnson, 5800 West 12th Street, Little Rock, AR 72204. Just stick a little note in there so I will know what it is for. Thanks again you guys for being the greatest group of people I have yet to meet.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2006, 12:21:23 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways...chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, boby throughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...DAMN WHAT A RIDE!!!

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
I couldn't resist giving the1melinda a turtle point.  Maybe it will spark her interest and she will soon be a Toyota owning member of the board.  :greengrin:

Has anyone quoted the Golden Rule yet?

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  :phone:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Bender

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 44
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Glen, my condolences to you and your family.  I don't post much, but do read a lot.  You've helped a lot of people along the way...between tech advice and friendly words, your contribution to this board is far more than a couple grand.  I hope we're able to come through for you. 

eyezlee

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 96
  • Male Posts: 57
  • Member since Feb '05
  • mmmmm
    • View Profile
Glen, my condolences to you and your family. I don't post much, but do read a lot. You've helped a lot of people along the way...between tech advice and friendly words, your contribution to this board is far more than a couple grand. I hope we're able to come through for you.
My thoughts exactly....

Matt
'87 '60

'96 '80

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
You know, it is incredible how a great group like the folks on this board have banded together for a good cause!!  Glen has contributed so much to this board, and without a thought, many people who have never even met geln in person are donating to him and his family in their time of need.  I too donated, but I would like to thank everyone on here who has, and Melinda and the others at the funeral home, for showing what true human kindness and compassion are!!! 

Everyone of you who has given, pledged to give, or is planning to give, you are all awesome!!! :beerchug:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

the1melinda

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Just thought I would post an update we are now down to a balance of $2193.87. Going great! I have been raising some funds myself with my family and friends and so hopefully tomorrow it will be even lower.
Thanks for the turtle points....this is my first message board...so bare with me as I get the hang of it.
Again you guys ROCK!!!!  :clap2:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
I am going to scan some of the pictures we have of Dad,  so that all of you can see who  he was and how much we all loved him

Melinda,  you and James are are the awesome ones,  God Bless you all.
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Just thought I would post an update we are now down to a balance of $2193.87. Going great! I have been raising some funds myself with my family and friends and so hopefully tomorrow it will be even lower.
Thanks for the turtle points....this is my first message board...so bare with me as I get the hang of it.
Again you guys ROCK!!!! :clap2:
:rivers:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 4214
  • Male Posts: 1,030
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Thermobaric Urban Destruction
    • View Profile
I just met with Glen a little while ago and told him and wanted to pass it along to you guys too that I will be taking money for this account as long as we need to. I am not about to put any pressure or deadline on this family or you guys ('cause you guys are sooooo awsome!) If you want to call in your donation by CC I will be more than happy to take it. I am at the funeral home Monday through Friday 8am until 4pm (that is Arkansas time) or you can mail it in to Griffin Leggett Healey and Roth, attn: Melinda Johnson, 5800 West 12th Street, Little Rock, AR 72204. Just stick a little note in there so I will know what it is for. Thanks again you guys for being the greatest group of people I have yet to meet.

:bowdown:  Thanks for extending the time we can donate  :bowdown: 

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
 :love: this is my Dad,   :down:

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
Good point! .. now that we are not under a deadline we can send MO's and checks to the funeral home as well:

That is what I will be doing.. I don't know if I will be in Canada or the States come friday, but I'll send off an MO..

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile

I am definetly glad to hear that.I told glen sunday that I would see what I could do monday morn and unfortunatly I was unable to do anything.Payday isn't until next week so I'll be sending some then.I'm just glad I can help out a little.
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
:love: this is my Dad,   :down:

:usa:

Glen, even my mom and stepdad contributed :woohoo:

Melinda, thank you for being so understanding for Glen and his family.  God bless you and yours!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
 :usa: the Honor Guard had tears in their eyes as well :sad2: