Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 252206 times)

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #690 on: Jun 26, 2008, 08:23:49 PM »
awwwww..... wow jan, that sucks, i will definately pray for him for you
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: Jun 26, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »
Please pray for my step-brother Denny.  He is 33 years old and is an independent contractor, and he fell off of a second story roof this afternoon at work.  They were painting a metal roof, just got done with one side, took of their safety gear and headed for the ladder (:dunno:) and he slipped off the ladder.  Bounced off the porch roof and then rolled off of it to the ground.  He broke his back and his wrist, and he still cannot feel anything from the waist down.  From the initial X-rays they believe his spinal cord is severed.  :down:

They took him in for an MRI later this evening but we don't know results from that yet, and they are operating on him tomorrow afternoon.  So we won't know much more until then.  Just please pray that they can fix his spinal cord so that he can walk again.  Even if it takes a long time, which I know his recovery will regardless, I just pray with all my heart that he will not be paralyzed.  :(

:down: you got it Jan!! 

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #692 on: Jun 26, 2008, 08:32:01 PM »
You have ours.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: Jun 26, 2008, 08:33:09 PM »
Please pray for my step-brother Denny.  He is 33 years old and is an independent contractor, and he fell off of a second story roof this afternoon at work.  They were painting a metal roof, just got done with one side, took of their safety gear and headed for the ladder (:dunno:) and he slipped off the ladder.  Bounced off the porch roof and then rolled off of it to the ground.  He broke his back and his wrist, and he still cannot feel anything from the waist down.  From the initial X-rays they believe his spinal cord is severed.  :down:

They took him in for an MRI later this evening but we don't know results from that yet, and they are operating on him tomorrow afternoon.  So we won't know much more until then.  Just please pray that they can fix his spinal cord so that he can walk again.  Even if it takes a long time, which I know his recovery will regardless, I just pray with all my heart that he will not be paralyzed.  :(

My prayers and thoughts are with your step-brother, you, and your family. Best wishes for a good recovery.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: Jun 26, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »
My prayers and thoughts are with your step-brother, you, and your family. Best wishes for a good recovery.

Thanks so much to all of you, I really appreciate it.  This is my stepbrother, whose mother is my stepmother, who was just diagnosed with cancer in January and is still fighting it and very sick/weak with her chemo.  So please continue to pray for her.  I just don't think she has the strength to deal with this right now.....she's an absolute mess over it, and understandably so, obviously.  I just worry about her alot as it is and now I just don't know how this is all going to go.  It just all seems so unfair.

But thanks again.  :smooch:  I gotta go to bed, I have a raging migraine and we're pouring concrete at 5 a.m.  :thud:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

mikerob

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Male Posts: 102
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: Jun 26, 2008, 09:33:12 PM »
you got my prayers

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: Jun 26, 2008, 10:13:54 PM »
You got mine Jan...Hope everything gets better.Same thing happened to my wife's cousin about 5 months ago,he broke both legs,both arms,his back and a bunch of other bones.They said he'd be in the hospital for at least a year and he's now going home on weekends and returns to the hospital all week.He has a long road ahead but he's healing faster than they expected.I hope the same thing happens with your step brother .
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: Jun 26, 2008, 10:16:51 PM »
Jan, I'm behind ya.  I've got a friend that fell off his roof about 15 years ago and is a quadriplegic.
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #698 on: Jun 27, 2008, 08:30:42 AM »
You got it Jan... I'm prayin for him!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #699 on: Jun 27, 2008, 08:57:36 AM »
prayers on the way Jan 

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: Jun 27, 2008, 10:34:56 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this, MPA :therethere:

You know you are in our hearts and thoughts hoping all will be well.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: Jul 20, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »
well folks, we are down to 4 weeks till due date-this is when jacob was born, and what happened happened.

so we are "over a milestone" but not out of the woods yet. please pray that in a month i can post pics of a happy baby boy

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: Jul 20, 2008, 07:26:37 PM »
well folks, we are down to 4 weeks till due date-this is when jacob was born, and what happened happened.

so we are "over a milestone" but not out of the woods yet. please pray that in a month i can post pics of a happy baby boy

:woohoo: 

you got it Dan! 

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: Jul 20, 2008, 09:33:13 PM »
Thinking of you guys!   :crossed:

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: Jul 21, 2008, 07:13:46 AM »
I'm having a rough time in life right now.  Parts of it are looking up, but others are going down the :toilet: quick.  Pray for wisdome in dealing with my situation.  I've made the decisions that need to be made, and am following through with them, but I could use prayers in dealing with the fallout of the decisions.   :thumbs:

-Ronald Reagan

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: Jul 21, 2008, 07:15:45 AM »
You got it Jason! Always be true to yourself, and the rest will fall into place somehow!   :thumbs: 
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

crazymoritz97

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 298
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: Jul 21, 2008, 11:32:20 AM »
bad news frm wyotech  a classmate dead on saturday  please pray for the family
Chris g Moritz

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: Jul 22, 2008, 12:33:31 AM »
I'm having a rough time in life right now.  Parts of it are looking up, but others are going down the :toilet: quick.  Pray for wisdome in dealing with my situation.  I've made the decisions that need to be made, and am following through with them, but I could use prayers in dealing with the fallout of the decisions.   :thumbs:
Good luck Jason,drop me a line if you need to talk bro.Keep your head up and don't worry,everything will fall into place as already mentioned.Trust me dude.You're a smart man and I know whatever decision you made and are about to make is the right one  :thumbs:

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: Jul 22, 2008, 12:36:06 AM »

I will keep you and your Fam in my prayers Dan.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: Jul 22, 2008, 12:46:14 AM »

I'm having a rough time in life right now.  Parts of it are looking up, but others are going down the :toilet: quick.  Pray for wisdome in dealing with my situation.  I've made the decisions that need to be made, and am following through with them, but I could use prayers in dealing with the fallout of the decisions.   :thumbs:

You're both on my list!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: Jul 22, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »
You got it Jason! Always be true to yourself, and the rest will fall into place somehow!   :thumbs: 

You're both on my list!
Good luck Jason,drop me a line if you need to talk bro.Keep your head up and don't worry,everything will fall into place as already mentioned.Trust me dude.You're a smart man and I know whatever decision you made and are about to make is the right one  :thumbs:

:thumbs:  thanks guys!  :thumbs:

You got it!

-Ronald Reagan

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: Jul 22, 2008, 07:23:44 PM »

You got it!

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: Jul 22, 2008, 07:24:37 PM »
I'm having a rough time in life right now.  Parts of it are looking up, but others are going down the :toilet: quick.  Pray for wisdome in dealing with my situation.  I've made the decisions that need to be made, and am following through with them, but I could use prayers in dealing with the fallout of the decisions.   :thumbs:
On it!

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: Jul 23, 2008, 09:48:44 AM »
I'm always here for ya Jason, if you need to talk 

:ack:   dude,  any details ??  what happened ??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: Jul 31, 2008, 05:08:56 PM »
:thumbs: thanks for everything guys, things are starting to turn around for the most part. Still gonna be some rough stuff to go through (family stuff) but it'll all work out!  :yesnod:

-Ronald Reagan

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: Aug 01, 2008, 09:13:20 PM »
Good to hear, Jason.  Thinking about you.

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: Sep 04, 2008, 01:28:21 PM »
*Prayer request for a Brawler Brother*

(xxlf250) Eddie's Father was killed yesterday morning,I don't wanna air any details until Eddie says it's okay but please let's keep him in our prayers.I can't imagine how horrible that must be and on top of that xxlf250 has to pay for everything on his own,funeral services etc.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #717 on: Sep 04, 2008, 01:35:35 PM »
Thank you Peps for posting that, Eddie and his family are in my prayers.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: Sep 04, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »
oh no :down:   

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: Sep 04, 2008, 02:23:01 PM »

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2009, 10:06:23 AM by crawlerdan »