Author Topic: Tiberius The '04 Double Cab  (Read 14672 times)

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
Re: Tiberius The '04 Double Cab
« Reply #30 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:04:57 AM »
Supercharge

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #31 on: Mar 29, 2014, 01:17:41 AM »
ugh... well i feel dumb! Supercharger would be awesome, but i'd also love to convert it to a toyota turbo diesel... maybe when this motor is done...
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #32 on: Apr 05, 2014, 04:41:41 AM »
and for my next trick...

*ignore the Ford Explorer interior...
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

Wainiha

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Apr 05, 2014, 11:08:53 AM »
Nice truck.
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...
 King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

^ Who let Wainiha into the mainland?? :yikes: - Big Mike

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 1,729
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
« Reply #34 on: Apr 05, 2014, 02:17:35 PM »
did someone say Toyota Turbo Diesel?
You should listen to your avatar and DO IT
-1987 SR5 4runner, 1KZ-t turbo diesel with mech. pump
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird
-My front axle service write-up http://board.marlincrawler.com/i

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #35 on: Apr 12, 2014, 02:40:55 AM »
I installed a sound system last night and everything was going great...  I was finishing up when i tried to fasten down my plastic door trim piece with a self tapping screw. I remembered the bundle of computer wires underneath a little too late. I hit the bundle of wires under the drivers side kick panel with a self tapping screw... Because I'm a moron. I repaired the pictured wires but I fried the ECU so it would barely start, and when it did the throttle didn't work until half way down, and the rev limiter was kicking in at 2000 RPM. Not to mention I had more than 9 OBD2 error codes. All the error codes (that I could read) were for air flow sensors, throttle sensors, and stuff like that... It blew the breaker that controls my power locks as well.  All in all, not a good night.

I checked every fuse i could get my hands on, I pulled the EFI fuse for an hour, and I pulled the little 4x4 computer box out of the kick panel and visually inspected the circuit board inside and couldn't see any damage.

Here's the wires I hit.

After I determined it was probably the computer and took it to a dealer to diagnose. They really weren't too much help. Took them 2 days to tell me what i already knew... it was probably the computer but they weren't sure. It was $370 in dealer fees, plus $150 for the computer. They were taking forever, and after waiting for 3 hours I ended up asking for my new computer back (I had given it to them to install). and I ended up putting it in myself while the technician stood there and watched, and then they took another hour to "flash" the computer... I'm not very impressed with how it went. I work nights right now too, so when i got the computer at 11am i went straight to the dealership... i wasn't back in bed until 4:00pm. not good for the night shift i'm currently working. And when i put the computer in the truck started right up. they said it's better to flash it with your vin, but not completely necessary. Basically I paid them $370 to tell me when i already knew, and then program my computer with secret numbers that make her run real good like! But at least it's all together now. The sound system sounds good too!
My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #36 on: Apr 12, 2014, 02:42:21 AM »
Here are some pics of the install.

My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #37 on: Apr 12, 2014, 02:51:22 AM »
And a few i just took of the subs and box:

My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #38 on: Apr 12, 2014, 06:36:28 AM »
From what I've learned on my drive home today, my cb radio and subs do not get along... But the way I see it I'll probably only be using one or the other at any given moment...
My Old Toy

Cheesemaker

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Apr 12, 2014, 10:05:16 PM »
The one thing I learned with CB's and stereo's, is that you have to run the wires separately. Can't ground at the same place.  The wires will pick up interference from the other wires.
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #40 on: Apr 14, 2014, 04:21:46 AM »
They're grounded pretty far from each other... but the antenna mounts behind the cab, so the coax pretty much has to cross at some point with the subwoofer cables...
My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #41 on: Jun 05, 2014, 10:38:48 AM »
So this is happening... $80. Texted the guy seconds after he'd posted it... Apparently there was a line of guys behind me waiting to grab it too! Anyone know who makes these originally?

My Old Toy

John Doe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 469
  • Male Posts: 1,587
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #42 on: Jun 05, 2014, 06:50:50 PM »
I am willing to bet it was made by "Bent Up" which had been out of Rancho Cordova near Sacramento CA.
My 85 4Runner build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=46841.0

peacesells: "Its kinda fun tryin to avoid body damage, just like playing operation with different sound effects"

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #43 on: Feb 23, 2015, 06:59:57 AM »
Been a while since I updated... But I figured I'd show some bumper progress. Basically, this is what I ended up with after I got done adding plates to it. I added the 2 plates on the lower outsides, and it really makes the bumper a whole hell of a lot complete looking:

I was definitely happy with how it turned out, but I got some offroad lights for christmas, and I wanted them in the bumper. Here's the result:

I'm pretty satisfied with the lighting result too. They don't throw very far, but they're more of a flood light, which i don't mid. Now i just neew a light bar on the roof, and I'll be good to go!
My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #44 on: Feb 23, 2015, 07:03:11 AM »
You can see the whole build process I went through with the bumper here.
My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #45 on: Mar 12, 2015, 06:59:59 PM »
I forgot to post up about my 6x9 speaker install. I wish I'd gotten better pictures, but unfortunately, I was more concerned with making these speakers fit. I traded my MR2 for a land cruiser and he had 2 6x9's in the back in boxes that were just WAAAAY too nice for that vehicle. I decided my Tacoma needed them more.

More pictures of the install can be found here.
My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #46 on: Mar 12, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »
Also, I had to relocate my blinkers because the spot they were in before is now taken by led spot lights, and so my marker lights now function as both. The led bulb i installed has a lead for the blinker part, and the marker light, so when I turn my lights on, you can still see the blinker. I might do a write up if there's any interest, but it was really straight forward. Very clean mod!

My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #47 on: Aug 18, 2015, 09:21:12 PM »
Wasn't happy with the blinkers, so I upped the wattage a bit and installed some sweet dual purpose bulbs. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #48 on: Aug 29, 2015, 02:51:07 PM »
Finally finished wiring up the switch how I want it. The flood lights have 3 settings now... On, off, and on w/ brights. Now I can leave the switch in the "On w/ Brights" position, and when I'm driving at night and a car is coming towards me, I just flip off my brights and the flood lights will turn off automagicaly.
My Old Toy

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 1,729
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
« Reply #49 on: Aug 29, 2015, 07:39:35 PM »
I have been wanting to wire up mine this way. Can you show how you did it?
-1987 SR5 4runner, 1KZ-t turbo diesel with mech. pump
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird
-My front axle service write-up http://board.marlincrawler.com/i

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Nov 09, 2015, 08:58:19 PM »
Nice Updates.