Author Topic: Bored in Iraq....  (Read 43723 times)

John Doe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 469
  • Male Posts: 1,587
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
Bored in Iraq....
« on: Oct 15, 2007, 10:04:04 AM »
Lately I have had too much time on my hands  :shhh:. I have been looking at a # of forums, but sadly there just isnt enough updates to keep me busy. I have throughly enjoyed the "get better Glen" thread. I miss the  :driving:, the  :beer: and the :boobs: back home. Any ideas?
My 85 4Runner build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=46841.0

peacesells: "Its kinda fun tryin to avoid body damage, just like playing operation with different sound effects"

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Bored in Iraq....
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2007, 10:20:27 AM »
have you seen ALL the pages of the gbg thread? that should take up some time :yesnod:

hmm, could work out. play a sport, read, stay in touch with friends/relatives, plan out what mods to do to your rig when you get back stateside, things like that.
:usa: take care of urself over there man
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2007, 10:24:08 AM »
:usa:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2007, 10:32:25 AM »
Lately I have had too much time on my hands  :shhh:. I have been looking at a # of forums, but sadly there just isnt enough updates to keep me busy. I have throughly enjoyed the "get better Glen" thread. I miss the  :driving:, the  :beer: and the :boobs: back home. Any ideas?

It would be cool if you could post up stories and photos of the good things going on over there...give us something to use against the anti-war people over here.

Maybe you could get other soldiers to post up here too. So we could be your online fan club.

Thank you! :usa:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

John Doe [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
have you seen ALL the pages of the gbg thread? that should take up some time :yesnod:

hmm, could work out. play a sport, read, stay in touch with friends/relatives, plan out what mods to do to your rig when you get back stateside, things like that.
:usa: take care of urself over there man
Yup, seen every page  :yesnod:
I already go to the Gym every day on top of 1hr of pt every morning, I'm not much of a sports guy, I make sure to email friends and family, and Ive been gone 5 months so I have already spent tons of $ mods I dont have yet on a truck I dont have yet :( I sold my old Runner to Werm just before I left.

Thats not a bad Idea abnormaltoy
I'll see that I can do about that.

peacesells: "Its kinda fun tryin to avoid body damage, just like playing operation with different sound effects"

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2007, 11:15:58 AM »
do yall have a pool table, ping pong, or foosball table there?

USAF EOD tech

John Doe [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2007, 12:24:39 PM »
Well the nearest Pool Table I know of is about 1.5 miles away (this isnt a small out post) and after running 3-5 miles in the morning for pt, and walking a total of about 4 miles all over the post through out the day between work, chow, and work again I am usually not wanting to walk another 3 to play pool. Call me Lazy I guess. When I get back from R&R I am sure I will get around to going up there though. There is a large out door RC track there that Ive been dieing to tear up.

I'll see about posting up some photos in a day or so.

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2007, 12:27:39 PM »
http://www.break.com/index/urinalknock.html
heres somethin you can do hahahaha

USAF EOD tech

John Doe [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »
yea, that 1 is real funny. I havnt done that, but I have parked a forklift in front of a shitter, and moved a few with the forklift.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »
http://www.break.com/index/urinalknock.html
heres somethin you can do hahahaha

Don't let Pelosi see that, she'll cut funding for crappers.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

John Doe [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2007, 01:05:51 PM »
Speaking of crappers after 4 months of port o johns, we finialy got flush toilets a few weeks ago. Sadly after using port o johns some of these people forgot to make sure everything went down the hole :pokinit: ...... :slap:

I guess If I am going to keep those going I should share a little about me. I am Active army out of Fort Polk. I am a heavy construction equipment operator. At this point I can pretty much operate anything. I am in a bridging unit. My unit baby sites alot of bridges in the area and if any should get damaged we repair them. There hasnt been a whole lot of equipment work needed right now so Ive been keeping my self busy using my skills from my past life as a rough carpenter. Ive been building Walls, Beds, Shelfs any thing to make things better for us.

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2007, 02:22:06 PM »
i've knocked over a few portapoties myself, simple entertainment. funniest one i've seen though is when i was working construction the guy that was driving the forklift picked up the potty and placed it in the back of a flatbed truck that was getting ready to leave.

USAF EOD tech

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »
obviously you know wood working, do you know welding? could learn that skill as well

USAF EOD tech

dizzydevil

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -70
  • Male Posts: 1,491
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2007, 03:09:12 PM »
don't know what to tell you except get back safe!!!!!!!

John Doe [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #14 on: Oct 15, 2007, 09:06:10 PM »
Dont know welding yet, but I'll be learning from our welder here some time in the next 10 months.

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2007, 09:55:36 PM »
have fun man, its a good skill to learn. saves you alot of money when you get to building a rig

USAF EOD tech

CADD MAN

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 31
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 16, 2007, 07:31:23 AM »
 :usa:
Thanks for your service and stay safe over there! Tear up that rc track when you get a chance, I love my nitro rc it always breaks but its so much fun breaking it I cant resist.

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 17, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
Sorry to hear.  Some good Ideas in here.  Stay Sane, take care of yourself, and thanks for the Service.    :thumbs:   Wish I could offer a suggestion, but i just dunno.   :headshake:   Just keep talking to us all here!  :yesnod:

:psss:  I'm taking good care of the Runner for you.   :gap:
I like to Drive!

krawler76

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 727
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 17, 2007, 01:25:45 PM »
camel spider fights....... :yesnod:

dizzydevil

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -70
  • Male Posts: 1,491
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 17, 2007, 01:35:29 PM »
camel spider vs scorpion

krawler76

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 727
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 17, 2007, 01:37:16 PM »
two will enter one will leave...... :rofl2:

Doof

• Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2007, 02:42:59 PM »
 :think:     buy a junker car over there and build it into a wheeler....thanks for serving   :usa:

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 17, 2007, 03:50:30 PM »
Ship a Hummer over One peice at a time!   :yupyup:

O, and two man enter one man leave!   
I like to Drive!

Misfit4Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 313
  • Member since Jul '07
  • This line intentionally left blank
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Oct 17, 2007, 04:34:35 PM »

good god what base are you on? being able to have an hour of pt a day as well as go to the gym when you wanted and access to a computer!! If your that bored hook up us ground punders and guys out the wire. you dont know how many times weve came back to the FOB only to find out they have no more to drink or snack on at the PX. get a case or two of the gatoraides and sell them to the guys... no profit of course when they come back in from a week or two out. garuentee they wont call you a FOBBIT anymore....

P.S. this isnt flamming Ive been to the playground a few times and any army guy knows how it is between the Marines and Army.

oh yah the attached movies DOES HAVE PROFANITY SO IF YOU DONT LIKE A FEW CUSS WORDS DONT CLICK!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hqv5yBaXaI

If you dont stand behind our troops, Please feel free to stand in front of them.

88 xtra cab sas'd dual cases flatbed

John Doe [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #24 on: Oct 18, 2007, 02:30:26 AM »
Ok, I will try and make sure I hit all the points......
:headshake:   Just keep talking to us all here!  :yesnod:
As long as I have internet I'll keep talking!  :yesnod:

camel spider fights....... :yesnod:
two will enter one will leave...... :rofl2:
As much as I'd like to, I havnt seen a single Camel spider or Scorpion yet. Although Ive heard some medics have some in a tank.
:think:     buy a junker car over there and build it into a wheeler....thanks for serving   :usa:
I wish, we are not allowed to buy or posses any local cars  :rivers: Hell, I just want a Fob car before I start crawling, wheeling and drifting it :D
Ship a Hummer over One peice at a time!   :yupyup:

I got a good idea, You start shipping me a Bobcat 1 part at a time, I'll ship you a hmmwv.

good god what base are you on? being able to have an hour of pt a day as well as go to the gym when you wanted and access to a computer!! If your that bored hook up us ground punders and guys out the wire. you dont know how many times weve came back to the FOB only to find out they have no more to drink or snack on at the PX. get a case or two of the gatoraides and sell them to the guys... no profit of course when they come back in from a week or two out. garuentee they wont call you a FOBBIT anymore....

P.S. this isnt flamming Ive been to the playground a few times and any army guy knows how it is between the Marines and Army.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hqv5yBaXaI

Dude, that vid was Hilarius :rofl2: !
What base am I on, Im not going to say, but there is no Air strip, only Heli pads, a joke of pavement and a TON of moon dust, and im surrounded by Marines.  :headshake:
Oh, you wont like this much, my internet, is right next to my bed  :sly: We only have this because the unit we replaced got the smarts to set up there own satilite internet, we just took over there contract. In no way am I a fobbit, but I am not a ground pounder either. Ive been out my fair share, and when I do go out, I am usually in the turret. I guess I am just lucky the bad guys havnt been blowing many bridges lately  :disturbed:, knock on wood  :hammerhead:

Dont worry I have plenty of Marine buddies and know how it all to well  :beerchug:

Ive been a little busy lately and my internet has been down, so I havnt gotten around to any pictures yet. I'll see what I can do soon.

John Doe [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #25 on: Oct 18, 2007, 07:54:18 AM »
Well, I got around to uploading some pics.

My Room

Some of My toys  :eyebrow:

To move things I have a 22ton crane....

To move really big things I have a 40ton crane  :drool:

Ready to Roll

Needed to work on the Axle of our truck......

The funny thing is I was the only person who knew how to take it apart, because it was just like a GIANT toyota axle  :cool:

I'll get more up when I can.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007, 08:03:22 AM by John Doe »

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Oct 18, 2007, 09:07:28 AM »
Ok...I'll ask...what is a FOBBIT? I feel sure it's not something you can print here...so, pm me or let us guess what the F stands for.

I like the toy at the foot of your bed.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

John Doe [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #27 on: Oct 18, 2007, 09:14:06 AM »
Fobbit.....AKA Fing Hobbit; someone who stays on the fob, normally not wanting to go out side the wire for fear of life and limb.
That should cover it.

So you like my Girl do you? M249 SAW Squad Automatic Weapon firing a 5.56 round.  :reg:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Oct 18, 2007, 09:22:35 AM »
I just found it (there's truly is something for everyone on the net) I googled and came up with army.com. Somehow I just knew it wasn't...complimentary.

Yeah...I would be like a little kid with that gun at the range.

EDIT: That video was funny too! I bet the brass wouldn't be real thrilled with that.

« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007, 09:36:49 AM by abnormaltoy »

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Oct 18, 2007, 09:28:06 AM »
I think I'm a Fobbit :hahaha:

cool pics!
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco