Author Topic: SOLD *My 87 Yota Pickup 22R* I no longer own this truck.... Replaced with a Taco  (Read 30491 times)

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
My truck is stock for now.  I am wanting to get 31x10.5 tires for this spring.  I am going to have to sale my truck this spring because I am serving a mission for my church and my parnets won't let me keep any vehicles at their house while I am gone :shake_head:.  It is a pretty clean truck for its age but it has had a number of problems.  I have just finished putting in a new head gasket and timing chain.  

Here is a pic. in the snow

Another at Clutch Creek

Up at Ouray

And me and Mega Mormon in Ouray
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2010, 01:31:24 PM by Yota87Truck »

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
Re: My 87 Yota Pickup 22R
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2007, 10:02:16 PM »
Me and Mega Mormon want to go to Moab this Spring.

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2007, 02:38:09 PM »
Well my engine blew a bearing.  So I am working on putting in a rebuilt engine. I have never done this so any help from those of you that have gone through the same thing would be apriciated.  I am probably going to buy a rebuilt motor off the internet.

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2007, 01:56:27 PM »
This is probably the place I am going to get my engine from: http://www.toyotacarpart.com/default.asp?p=7

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2007, 02:03:01 PM »
This is probably the place I am going to get my engine from: http://www.toyotacarpart.com/default.asp?p=7

$1200 seems a bit high out htere.... i was quoted $850 for a rebuilt with exchange here in CA where everything costs more...

just reading your build, store the truck @ mega mormon's house! that sucks your parents are making you sell it....  do you even want to go on a mission?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2007, 02:11:52 PM »
well there are no machine shops here in montrose.  the closest machine shop is an hour away and I got a quote from them they will machine everything for me for $800 or they will take my engine and rebuild it for $1400, but that would take 3 weeks.  Well I actually don't live with my parents anymore, I live with another friend besides MegaMormon, If I needed to I could store my truck there...  No I don't really want to go on a mission (at least im not jumping for joy), I considered not going for a long time, but I think I am going to go just cause it's the right thing to do...  I probably won't end up selling it, I will probably let my sister drive it while I am on my mission.  She is a good driver and she definatly won't be as hard on it as I would be...

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 2,363
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »
\ No I don't really want to go on a mission (at least im not jumping for joy), I considered not going for a long time, but I think I am going to go just cause it's the right thing to do......

I was in the same position as you,  actually I never planed on going,  I had an experience and knew I needed to go so I did.  It was the most amazing experience of my life and I wouldnt trade it for anything.  Do you know where your going?
Life is too short!!!   Do something with it!!!

WILLYNILLY
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=23944.new#new

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2007, 07:33:43 AM »
No I haven't sent in my papers yet so I don't know where im going yet.  I turn 19 today.  Yeah, my life has been kinda crappy right now...and a lot of things that have been going on have just kinda made me want to go.  My cousin is in Scotland right now and he is making it easier for me to decide to go.

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 01:50:53 PM »
Well I pulled my engine....and trannie.  I was just going to leave the trannie but she didn't want to let go of the engine so i pulled them together.  I took it up to the machine shop (1 hr. away) and i think that it kinda loosened the trannies grip on the engine and the guys at the machine shop popped it right off, without a problem.  I guess the trannie was hung up on a pilot bushing or something.  I decided that it will be best to just drop the engine and trannie together so i know i have all the trannie bolts snugged up.  In fact when we pull my friends engine we will probably just pull the trannie with it also just to make it easier not to miss bolts and to not have to deal with the firewall.  It is going to take the machine shop 3 weeks to rebuild my engine so it should be done before May 30.

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 06:59:39 AM »
Well I just got a free set of 32x11.5 Super Swampers!!!  They are used but they still have decent tread, But i don't know what I am goign to do with them because I don't want to go to the effort of a body kit.  Does anybody know if I could run them on my stock rims w/ out them rubbing too much.  I will probably just keep this set of tires aired down and when I go wheelin' swap them out from my street tires.  I am hoping that they won't rub too bad.  Has anybody ever run 32's on a stock truck w/ out too much triming?

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2008, 07:39:16 PM »
Well I ended up getting rid of 2 of the super swampers cause they were cupped pretty bad.   ran them on the rear for a while, they fit on the rear fine....Im positive that they wouldn't fit up front cause my 31's on 10" rims rub...

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:40:13 AM »
Here is my truck as it is currendly.... well mostly:

The off road lights and antenna are on, but i think it is missing the rear mud flaps and right now I have my stock toyota rims up front.

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:48:58 AM »
The picture above was how my truck looked before my accident...  I rear ended a little truck and damaged my front end.  Also the reason why i wend from the 10" rims back to stock yota rims was because of my last wheeling trip to american fork canyon, I bumped my rim against a rock and it chipped off part of the rim.... the bead held, but barely... the pice that came off my rim was about an inch wide and 6-8 in. long.  Here is how my truck looked after the accident:

you can c that I dinged up the hood some and now it doesn't fit flush, also i smashed my off road lights, bumper, and grill... so I removed the remainder of the off road lights and found a new grill and bumper.... I didn't like that grill so I found another but have not yet had the time to put it on.  Also I have mud flaps on the rear to meet utah law even though my truck is still liscensed to colorado... stupid officer gave me a fix it ticket.   But I don't think that I have a picture of the mud flaps.

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:59:28 AM »
Here is my truck as of last summer:

I have since replaced the rear tail light cover.... that was broken.... well both of them cause for a time they were both busted.  and have have since re-installed part of my bumper... I just installed the black pard and not the 2 crome pieces.

pyrosnow911

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 418
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 06, 2008, 08:07:12 AM »
man thats lame. my dad would never let me sell mine before i go on a mission he wants to beat the crap out of it while im gone hahah

MrsYota87Truck

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Female Posts: 6
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2008, 11:33:05 PM »
It's our pos!!!  I love our truck!!!
I've caught the wheelin' bug and I'm lovin' it!!!

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2008, 11:51:56 PM »
Here is what will be my next big mod-Half Doors(Sometime This Summer):

I will get a second set of doors from a local pick a part and start choppin!!!

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 2,363
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2008, 04:32:24 AM »
LOL whats with the wendys cup on the door?

I do like that desighn for the half doors though! 
Life is too short!!!   Do something with it!!!

WILLYNILLY
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=23944.new#new

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2008, 01:07:46 PM »
LOL whats with the wendys cup on the door?

I do like that desighn for the half doors though! 
Cup Holder....

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2008, 01:16:43 PM »
I did some stuff to my truck today... not much, but stuff still the same.
Put on a new grill, the other one was ugly... plus this one makes it look like i have a bigger engine(V6):

Installed a Voltmeter Gauge(couldn't find a better place to put it):

And Idk whats up with my truck but my charging system is going crazy, just happened today.  But having the voltmeter will make it nice to see if my system is working.
Spray Painted Rims(Rust penetrant stuff):

Mud Flaps I installed quite a while ago cause Utah is stupid, even thought I am liscensed in co the dang officer gave me a ticket, and the nickname my fiance named my truck (I kept calling it a P.O.S. and now she calls it pos):

And my truck just recentally hit 230K:

My sprayer button doesn't work so I ran my sprayers pump to the switch below the clutch start switch(its a window switch):

And my redneck tie down hook:

And 2 more playin pics:

« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008, 01:22:21 PM by Yota87Truck »

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »
if u need a matching set of ifs rims, i have about 4 or 5 sets in my backyard

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:36:44 PM »
I know... I had a full set of the aluminum ones... but then I busted one. So i had to make the front and rear even so I put my fronts back on my stock ones.... I plan on getting a full set, maybe 5, of the black rock crawler rims.  I have 5 of stock and 3 of the aluminum ones.... I plan on having my DD tires on the rock crawler rims and then my wheeling tires on my stock ones.  I currently have my 2 32" super swampers(one in bed) on my other 2 stock rims and then the other is the spare under the bed

boggerunner

• Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:39:14 PM »
if u want a set of alumin rims for drivin around town i have 2 diff sets of them

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
what do they look like

boggerunner

• Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Feb 13, 2008, 09:25:22 PM »
one set looks like this, and the other set is an 88 sr5 4runner stock rims

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »
one set looks like this, and the other set is an 88 sr5 4runner stock rims

Are the 88 sr5 wheels like this:

If so then maybe next time im on my way through junction I might want them.

boggerunner

• Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:32:21 AM »
i hase 1 set like that in chrome, and 1 in black, but my sr5 rims are aluminum

95SAS

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Feb 27, 2008, 08:05:19 PM »
you have problems in utah with cops? ive never been pulled over and im running 37's 4 inch springs and hacked up fenders and NO mudflaps. do you live in utah or CO.? ever need to do some wheeling me and my yota buddies go out 2-3 times a month.
1986 extracab, SAS 38.5's Locked Duals, truggyfied, beadlocks
1988 2wd bagged and body dropped 3'' with a healthy 22r....

my build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35602.0

Yota87Truck [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Feb 27, 2008, 10:12:48 PM »
Yeah, I have problems with utah cops, they are stupid, I guess some of it is probably how I drive and also how loud my exhaust is.  But I have been pulled over several times, One time they gave me crap about having a cracked windshield.  And the worst time my supervisor at work was borrowing my truck at work(landscaping) because his transmission dropped earlier that day.  When he got pulled over in it I curently had no exhaust, but the cop didn't mention it which is surprising.  but he gave me a fix it ticket for not having a mud flaps and also a warning for having no front or rear bumpers.  Oh and he said I needed fender Flares because my tires were mounted on 2" wider rims and they stuck out wider than my fenders.  I think a lot of the reason I have been pulled over several times is because I do quite a bit of driving and live in the provo area.  I have colorado plates and i don't understand why or how they can give me a fix it ticket for mud flaps but I wasn't going to complain about it.

Where are you located? Im in provo.  And right now I cant afford to go wheeling but once summer starts I should have some money for gas.

MrsYota87Truck

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Female Posts: 6
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »
You have a problem with cops in utah because they are stupid... and you drive a little crazy. but don't worry we will get pos all fixed up. and just thinking. when are you planning on putting those doors on your truck? and are we going to cut the bed this summer to? or wait a little longer? And I think we should go wheeling on your sat off on the 22... PLEASE!!! AF will still be closed but I bet you will find me a cool place to learn to drive.
I've caught the wheelin' bug and I'm lovin' it!!!