Author Topic: 87 2wd soon to be 4wd build **Update with roll over pics**  (Read 21459 times)

85toycrawler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 189
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
Doesn't look to bad.... That's a bummer tho. I can't believe you flopped it the first time you took it out.

Yeah that's what I thought too. Like you say, it's not too bad. And after all if I didn't want to scratch it I guess I should stick to Mall Crawling... Hahahahaha!
Watch their hands. Hands kill. Smiles, frowns and other facial expressions don't (In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.)

85toycrawler [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
Here is a few more pics from this last weekend.  Nothing too exciting.

Dat Ass...

Watch their hands. Hands kill. Smiles, frowns and other facial expressions don't (In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.)

85toycrawler [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
Here are some pics from this last weekend.

Super clean 3rd gen this guy just built.

My buddies 84

Another buddies 86 xtra cab

Me again.

Buddies 86 with a little IFS situation.

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
sweet pics man!  your rig is lookin good
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

85toycrawler [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
Thanks man!

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I like that square tube rear bumper on your friends multicolor IFS '86.  If I didn't put fiberglass on the rear of mine, I would have gone that route.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

85toycrawler [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
I like that square tube rear bumper on your friends multicolor IFS '86.  If I didn't put fiberglass on the rear of mine, I would have gone that route.

Yeah, it's pretty slick.  That little truck is rediculous, I have never seen an IFS rig go that many places or be wheel that hard and not break.  That guy has no issue with the WFO 3rd gear bump.

yota4x4sc

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 596
  • Member since Oct '10
  • Santa Cruz, CA
    • View Profile
    • My YOTA Pics (click here)
Yeah that's what I thought too. Like you say, it's not too bad. And after all if I didn't want to scratch it I guess I should stick to Mall Crawling... Hahahahaha!
hahahahaha i agree wit the mall crawling... haha i only rolled once from mall crawling so far..haha street tip over
:usa: 92 xcab, full width, 39.5 boggers, beadlocks, 60 f arb 5.86s , 60 r spool , duals, 4.7 rear... 3.sl0, bobed , all pro 6 inch leafs f and r :usa:

racerx233

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 22
  • Member since Jan '11
  • 82 sb 4x4, 89 runner
    • View Profile
I like money, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in..-

Steve97TJ

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 133
  • Member since Mar '07
  • boss said pound it!
    • View Profile
Truck looks bad ass man. Coming from your runner to your 2wd SAS, was SAS'n the truck any more difficult since it was 2wd? Im pretty much looking to do the same thing with a 1st gen toyota but havent decided if it was worth it yet. 
98 Taco
97 TJ 
Stephen from SC

Zs Confederate Toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,146
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
That rig is BA!! I definitly like the transformation from 2wd to 4wd. Shes a beast!! :biggthumpup:
ZACH
87 Rock Rat X
80 SR5 The Shady Lady
Trail Junky

OOPS

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
For some reason I have not followed this thread. Took a look see tonight and saw what you flopped on. It reminds me of what I flopped on last year in Moab, basically nothing. I had just run all the hard parts on Rusty Nail and we were heading to another trail when........

David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

85toycrawler [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
Wow, apparently I forgot all about this thread. Thanks for all the comments guys.  Just a little update for everyone. Got myself some new shoes today. Not new but new to me. "You can't lose with 42's".... Oh, and it still fits in and out of the garage. Bonus!

85toycrawler [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
Truck looks bad ass man. Coming from your runner to your 2wd SAS, was SAS'n the truck any more difficult since it was 2wd? Im pretty much looking to do the same thing with a 1st gen toyota but havent decided if it was worth it yet. 

It's hard to say if it was harder.  In the end I'm sure it was about the same amount of work, maybe a little less grinding when it came to the front end.  But then you have to take into consideration your skid plate for your tcases and what not.  I just built my own tabs off the frame and that made it easy.

85toycrawler [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
Took it out today for a quick little wheeling session.  Didn't get many pics but here are a few.