Ok heres a list of what I would need to get done in order to do mcr.
1. Gears front and rear-4.88 or 5.29s and weld rear
2. Bob bed 12+ inches
3. Do rears up front which would mean I would need to cut my shock hoops and move them forward and fab a new drop front spring hanger
4. Get longer shackles front and rear.
5. If I can get gears then I would need to get dual case adapter. I have a second top shift tcase in good condition.
6. Cut sliders to correct length and weld new caps on them.
7. Find spare birfs and inners as well as a spare rear driveline. I can always use the birfs and inners off jimbos truck but I cant have the truck sitting on jack stands since its at my ole mans shop.
8. Hi steer !! this is a must to me but if I can afford it then I will have to use jimbos extra J arm and drag links as spares.
9. Bigger tires- I want 35-12.5-15s but with stock gearing they would make it VERY hard for me to crawl. Meaning I would wear out my brand new HD clutch I just put in.
10. Find a better rear bumper that would fit the bed once I bob it.
11. Reweld all the crappy welds I made with my HF mig. Either find someone local with a stronger mig or use my arc welder which I am not so good at.
12. Get new spring bushing for my MCREAR4 springs. Those are at least cheap.
13. Fab a rear shock hanger bar. I am currently using stock bar which is too far forward.
14. Maybe Pull front 3rd out of Jimbos truck and weld that so I will have a welded front and rear just for wheeling. I REALLY hate welded diffs btw.
15. Test run rig to see whats going on with suspension. I know I have decent flex in rear but front is unknown atm.
16. Fab axle breathers for front and rear. Not sure how deep the river is in sept.
17 Find a rich old lady to marry so I can afford to wheel.
What else am I missing ? Besides find someone who can drive worth a damn. Its been 12 yrs since I ran the con and ive heard its A LOT harder then it use to be.
I do have a spare PS pump,alt,starter, distrib, and ignitor. Maybe even a few other things just in case. I also have a 80" hi lift jack thats like 25 yrs old but looks new.
I stripped and painted my roll bar I had in the truck and deciding if I want to put it back or not. It does look nice now thats its painted. No lights of yet to put on it.