Author Topic: Project BoostedRunner, SOLD  (Read 532864 times)

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -35
  • Male Posts: 970
  • Member since Oct '09
  • I KNOW A SWEENEY BRO!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Project BoostedRunner
« Reply #840 on: Feb 06, 2010, 09:16:49 PM »
ha ha   maybe you put the wrong end in the bender so it made it too short?  idk man. let me know when you are gonna bend another one. I will try to come over and give you a hand.

Monday after work is my plan dude!! I"ll holla yo... But ya bending the middle first was sick!  Ha HA page 29 ya wat welcome to the 29th addition to boostedrunner. ha ha  :welcome:
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

pumkin toy [OP]

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #841 on: Feb 06, 2010, 09:50:55 PM »

Monday after work is my plan dude!! I"ll holla yo... But ya bending the middle first was sick!  Ha HA page 29 ya wat welcome to the 29th addition to boostedrunner. ha ha  :welcome:
alright monday sounds good bro. Heather works until nine so i can come over and we will go to donny's and bust it out  :rockingout:
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #842 on: Feb 07, 2010, 03:44:27 PM »
Just got back from snow wheelin!  went pretty good, snow was deep and i never got stuck.  I railed on those 27 spline longs in reverse and forward with the pedal to the floor.  So far they are holding up great!  I did have one small issue.  I blew two 15 amp EFI fuses. I had to replace it with a 25 amp so i could get home.  I'm not sure why it is doing that, i think i might have a loose wire grounding out somewhere.  On the way back when i hit a few good size bumps the engine would cut out for just a second, almost like someone unhooked the battery just for a split second then reconnected it.  I guess i'm gonna have to look through this mess of an engine swap wiring harness and see what might be causing it.  I got a few pics I am resizing right now and i am also uploading some video footage to youtube! I will post a link as soon as they are done.
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Project BoostedRunner Snow wheelin pics+vids
« Reply #843 on: Feb 07, 2010, 04:06:57 PM »
here is a few pics.  i didnt get a whole lot of mine cuz i was breaking trail most of the day. Its kind of a pain in the ass for my buddies to hike through 2ft of snow just to take some pics!
97 4runner Limited

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
97 4runner Limited

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: Feb 07, 2010, 05:37:29 PM »
man your 4runner sounds good just wondering for the back tires do they rub
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

Jakesteads

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 842
  • Member since Mar '07
  • It was Nice....
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: Feb 07, 2010, 05:42:52 PM »
bad ass love me some snow :D

and ya your motor sounds sick dude... keep up good work
I like Toyota

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #847 on: Feb 07, 2010, 05:47:29 PM »
man your 4runner sounds good just wondering for the back tires do they rub
thanks dude!  yeah they were rubbing when it bounced around today.  I need to trim them up higher.  The fronts were rubbing just a bit too.  not bad at all though
97 4runner Limited

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #848 on: Feb 07, 2010, 05:49:34 PM »
bad ass love me some snow :D

and ya your motor sounds sick dude... keep up good work
thanks,  yeah snow is pretty fun.  The vids arent the greatest.  I have no experience with our new camera, today was pretty much the first time it got used.  in the vid where it starts close up to the back of the runner, i was breakin trail there and the snow was about 20" deep.  It doesnt look nearly that deep in the video!
97 4runner Limited

Jakesteads

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 842
  • Member since Mar '07
  • It was Nice....
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: Feb 07, 2010, 05:51:17 PM »
well 40's make stuff look smaller ;)
I like Toyota

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #850 on: Feb 07, 2010, 05:54:55 PM »
well 40's make stuff look smaller ;)
ha ha  yeah i guess they do!
97 4runner Limited

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: Feb 07, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
havin fun  :biggthumpup:
i love oregon wheelin.

93 tonka toy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: Feb 07, 2010, 07:54:42 PM »
pumpkin toy.... where did u get that triple a pillar pod, and does anyone know if they make them specifically for the 89-95 trucks, or are they all universal, is that what you used pumpkin toy...??? thanks

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #853 on: Feb 07, 2010, 07:57:41 PM »
pumpkin toy.... where did u get that triple a pillar pod, and does anyone know if they make them specifically for the 89-95 trucks, or are they all universal, is that what you used pumpkin toy...??? thanks
the pillar pod was in the rig when i bought it.  not sure what brand it is, but it looks like it was made to fit that vehicle
97 4runner Limited

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: Feb 07, 2010, 08:39:55 PM »
Just got back from snow wheelin!  went pretty good, snow was deep and i never got stuck.  I railed on those 27 spline longs in reverse and forward with the pedal to the floor.  So far they are holding up great!  I did have one small issue.  I blew two 15 amp EFI fuses. I had to replace it with a 25 amp so i could get home.  I'm not sure why it is doing that, i think i might have a loose wire grounding out somewhere.  On the way back when i hit a few good size bumps the engine would cut out for just a second, almost like someone unhooked the battery just for a split second then reconnected it.  I guess i'm gonna have to look through this mess of an engine swap wiring harness and see what might be causing it.  I got a few pics I am resizing right now and i am also uploading some video footage to youtube! I will post a link as soon as they are done.

Well that don't surprize me man, ha ha HACK JOB on the wire n is right. Right on dude that looks tight bra, wish i could of made it out. Camp 5 area eh??? Runner is look n sick and love n da sno!! looks like rear had some recovery weight in the back going on to. lol look n good!  :banana:
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

SNOW WALKER

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 172
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: Feb 07, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »
Hell ya! I just checked out the video's  on you youtube I'm so jealous. Mine is still in the garage with wiring issues. How much of a body lift do you have? I've pretty much been running the same set up. My spring mounts are 1 1/2 inches forward from stock. I made a cross member with 3 by 4 inch tubing so my mounts are a little lower and I had to use longer shackles. ( the 14 inch Bilstiens and shock hoops were to low, almost no up travel) I used sky's high steer kit with my box in the stock position,With Allpro's 3' buggy springs. No issues. Those 27 spline longs will hold up fine.I have been running 27's with hub gears and a high pinion and ARP hub studs for 3 years with no breakage. I would definitely get the hub studs that's the next weak link. Last year I towed a  30,000 lb dump truck at our local top truck challenge hoping like mad for the last 20 feet. It held up great! BY the way I've been running 38.5 baja claws witch weigh 102 lbs each and measure 39' tall and are 17.5 inches wide.
1986 4Runner turbo sas high pinion,E-locked 4:88's,taco rear Detroit locker,22ret forged everything,
duels mc07-r10 cut 42's.

Goldrush

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 145
  • Male Posts: 1,381
  • Member since Jan '10
  • wheelin!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: Feb 07, 2010, 09:29:18 PM »
were was this at. looks like a cool place to wheel!
-Zack- aka uncle Zack!                GOT MARLIN?

Homefries

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 241
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:49:54 AM »

http://www.truckpillars.com/index.html

toyotanner

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 66
  • Male Posts: 1,958
  • Member since Oct '07
  • low n slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:52:32 AM »
wow your truck looks F'ing amazing... just need to figure out something for the rear cause it looks like your 2 inches from rubbing just driving haha.

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: Feb 08, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »
Hell ya! I just checked out the video's  on you youtube I'm so jealous. Mine is still in the garage with wiring issues. How much of a body lift do you have? I've pretty much been running the same set up. My spring mounts are 1 1/2 inches forward from stock. I made a cross member with 3 by 4 inch tubing so my mounts are a little lower and I had to use longer shackles. ( the 14 inch Bilstiens and shock hoops were to low, almost no up travel) I used sky's high steer kit with my box in the stock position,With Allpro's 3' buggy springs. No issues. Those 27 spline longs will hold up fine.I have been running 27's with hub gears and a high pinion and ARP hub studs for 3 years with no breakage. I would definitely get the hub studs that's the next weak link. Last year I towed a  30,000 lb dump truck at our local top truck challenge hoping like mad for the last 20 feet. It held up great! BY the way I've been running 38.5 baja claws witch weigh 102 lbs each and measure 39' tall and are 17.5 inches wide.
sounds tight dude! I believe he is running no body lift man but I could be wrong.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #860 on: Feb 08, 2010, 11:36:29 AM »
Really diggin the Runner dude..... definately one of my few favorites! :beerchug:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

4Runtoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 435
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I Love My Toy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: Feb 08, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »
That's a sick looking Runner  :biggthumpup:

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #862 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
Hell ya! I just checked out the video's  on you youtube I'm so jealous. Mine is still in the garage with wiring issues. How much of a body lift do you have? I've pretty much been running the same set up. My spring mounts are 1 1/2 inches forward from stock. I made a cross member with 3 by 4 inch tubing so my mounts are a little lower and I had to use longer shackles. ( the 14 inch Bilstiens and shock hoops were to low, almost no up travel) I used sky's high steer kit with my box in the stock position,With Allpro's 3' buggy springs. No issues. Those 27 spline longs will hold up fine.I have been running 27's with hub gears and a high pinion and ARP hub studs for 3 years with no breakage. I would definitely get the hub studs that's the next weak link. Last year I towed a  30,000 lb dump truck at our local top truck challenge hoping like mad for the last 20 feet. It held up great! BY the way I've been running 38.5 baja claws witch weigh 102 lbs each and measure 39' tall and are 17.5 inches wide.
sounds like a good setup bro, it will be cool when you get yours running, I wanna see some videos of other turbo'd crawlers on the forum!  Yeah those baja claws are fat heavy tires, if the 27's can hold up to those then they should hold up to my 40" mtr's. I'm gonna get longfield's hub gears for sure and i am also gonna get the arp hub studs.
were was this at. looks like a cool place to wheel!
the video's are in the Black Hills of South Dakota, just about five miles out of Sturgis.  Yeah its a great place to wheel, beautiful terrain and alot of killer, tight, technical trails.
wow your truck looks F'ing amazing... just need to figure out something for the rear cause it looks like your 2 inches from rubbing just driving haha.

thanks man!  yeah i didnt take into account the rig being full of tools and recovery equipment along with two passengers!  its sittin pretty close to the top of the wheel wells.  It did rub pretty good a few times yesterday, so i will be cutting them up higher for sure.
Really diggin the Runner dude..... definately one of my few favorites! :beerchug:
thanks bro,  I just cant stop thinking about how sick its gonna look when i get the bob and dove done.  I'm planning on cutting the factory top right behind the sliding windows just like NITE KRAWLERS did on his 007 build.  Then i will dove the top to match the body, then i am going to have a small can-back type of deal made that will snap onto the back of the top and connect down to the tailgate.  Cant wait to get that project underway!
That's a sick looking Runner  :biggthumpup:
thanks bro,  i am really excited with how it is turning out so far!
97 4runner Limited

Joey88RUNR

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 1,057
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
what were you aired down to? didnt look to low
SaS'd Dual ultimate crawler w/5.29s Aussie front/detriot Rear, 35's Mtr's with kevlar

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #864 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »
what were you aired down to? didnt look to low
I only went down to 15lbs.  I dont have a spare yet, and i have basically no experience with this wheel/tire setup yet so idk how easy it will want to pop beads.  I was playin it safe :greengrin:
97 4runner Limited

Joey88RUNR

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 1,057
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:00:50 PM »
yea its sketchy goin that low without a spare...but i bet 3-5 psi you would be unstoppable in the snow  :yesnod:
SaS'd Dual ultimate crawler w/5.29s Aussie front/detriot Rear, 35's Mtr's with kevlar

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #866 on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:17:18 PM »
yea its sketchy goin that low without a spare...but i bet 3-5 psi you would be unstoppable in the snow  :yesnod:
yeah it probly would have done quite a bit better if i went lower.  But i was too sceered!  lol
97 4runner Limited

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »
 :shudder:
i love oregon wheelin.

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: Feb 08, 2010, 11:00:08 PM »
   I just cant stop thinking about how sick its gonna look when i get the bob and dove done.  I'm planning on cutting the factory top right behind the sliding windows just like NITE KRAWLERS did on his 007 build.  Then i will dove the top to match the body, then i am going to have a small can-back type of deal made that will snap onto the back of the top and connect down to the tailgate.  Cant wait to get that project underway!

Ya man sounds sick dude! drive mr2 for a while and we'll get er doved and bobed in no time man. ha ha its gona look killer, long as its done before summer its all good! cause ya know were gona go crawl all summer long ,there million to 1 crawl ratio guy. lol
well we ended up taking 2 leafs out on donny's runner to make the tie rod work on each side. Wasn't to bad just cut the bolt and put old bolt back in and good to go. Looks tight and sits level. ya it was lame but wat ya do man... haha

SuperRunner

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Member since Jul '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: Feb 09, 2010, 08:10:33 AM »
Well that don't surprize me man, ha ha HACK JOB on the wire n is right. Right on dude that looks tight bra, wish i could of made it out. Camp 5 area eh??? Runner is look n sick and love n da sno!! looks like rear had some recovery weight in the back going on to. lol look n good!  :banana:

So question, was the factory harness actually cut into and the connectors cut off so you can no longer troubleshoot any wiring issues?  Because if so, that would be a hack job because nothing can be fixed.  I am dealing with an RX7 with an LS6 swap where they cut off every connector.  Yes things were soldered, but at that point who cares.

Wires taped together are obvious signs of a temporary connection until  all the wiring connections are 100% correct.  No sense soldering and re-cutting wires due to further troubleshooting until you are 100% sure there will be no additional wires included.

Yellow's 4runner was obviously not 100% complete, if so it would not have been sold for the price.