Author Topic: The PA Tacos' Biggest Buildup Ever!  (Read 59611 times)

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Re: The PA Tacos' Biggest Buildup Ever!
« Reply #330 on: Nov 09, 2008, 03:57:04 PM »
Sounds pretty cool, Trunkz!  Thanks!  :thumbs:

Well they got the middle railing set on Thursday...then the appliances came on Friday.  *KINDA* wished they woulda waited on setting that middle railing!  Kinda ticked me off too because I thought I drew the house a little better so we wouldn't have any problems with moving stuff in and out.  The fridge was a MAJOR bizznatch to get up the stairs, but they did it and it's in there.  The contractors didn't want them to set the kitchen appliances where they go, so they're all just congregated in the dining room for now.

We also picked up all of the lights, and $113 worth of light bulbs!!  :thud:

So I have kind of an issue with the fridge.  I was completely unaware that not all of them are completely stainless steel the whole way around.  And the whole one side of our fridge will be exposed to the living area.  They had such a hard time getting the damned thing in, I'm certainly not making them take it back...plus fully stainless steel ones are a lot more expensive.  So we're going to have to work around it.  Anyone got any fancy ideas?  The fridge will stick out quite a bit further than the cabinets, so a piece of wood trim coming straight down from the cabinets above won't even cover half of the fridge.  I thought about just putting a nice decorative magnet on it.  LOL.  Also I think there might be options for some sort of film that would give it a stainless look?  The side of it is like a dark gray, and it's not completely butt-ugly or anything.  I guess it's not the end of the world.  haha

Check the bucket for the pics!  When you're looking at the kitchen, the fridge will be at the far left of the kitchen in the picture, and it'll be the first thing you see along that short wall.

http://www.photobucket.com/brianandjansnewhouse
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod: