Author Topic: Blackdiamond (Gup-C build-up)  (Read 230497 times)

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
Re: Blackdiamond - The 4Runner Build-Up
« on: Oct 09, 2006, 05:13:18 PM »
well Blackdiamond I'm glad you got the tread started already. 

yes this was a really clean 4Runner and I was kinda torn on whether or not to sell it to Blackdiamond but Decided that it was good for both of us because I have 2 other Runners at my house right now.  This was origonally bought for Gotrocksgirl as her DD and sell her 2000 Dodge Neon.  But after a little thinking and convincing to gotrockgirl I decided that she could have my 36 hour build 4Runner as her DD and I'd build either my other 87 Runner back up or build Blackdiamonds ex. cab for my DD.

Blackdiamonds new Runner is by far the cleanest one that I've come across in a while.  I does have a little cancer on the Drivers fender but other than that its amazingly clean.  Very Glossy paint and a decent interior.  I will try to get some pictures posted up as the build goes along as always and keep you guys drooling on the way.  If you can believe it we scored this Runner for a mere $1500 and I passed on my good find to Blackdiamond when I decided to sell it. 

What is in store for this week....
well I'm going to get some info on what we'll need for the engine rebuild and try to get the motor pulled sometime this week hopefully.  I am just as anxious to get this rig built as Blackdiamond is but we'll see how fast I can get this one built because of College and getting married in 2 months.  This won't be a 36 hour build again but it should go fairly fast.  When the engine is getting rebuilt I am going to be doing the SAS because of the access that it'll give me to the front end.  I'm hopeing that by Thanksgiving we can have it all completed if College/upcoming wedding and life permits.

As I do this buildup feel free to ask me questions and I'll try to help Blackdiamond do a good buildup thread for you guys to watch.