Author Topic: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth  (Read 589766 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth (MCR5)
« Reply #840 on: Sep 04, 2006, 12:35:08 PM »
:haha: 

Owww! I reached out, tryed to grab that coffee pot for a refill and hit my fingers on my moniter.
At least UncJ didn't burn himself on the bacon! :rofl:

they are entering the NO ZONE, chances are  in that remote area  they wont have any cell service for hours at a time
  We had cell phone service with Verizon but it said 'extended network' when it said that last night I couldn't get service, we got the WIFI at the KOA, so I didn't try getting on this morning.

We just pulled into a Pilot to do some road repairs and I decided to give it a shot. Sure enough, we have a connection. :woohoo: My cell still says Extended Network, though.

Anyhoo... things started out smooth enough. Mark drove a couple hours and we switched off about 10:30.
I was going along OK and Mark dozed off, then it seemed to me that we were totally lacking power. I couldn't get any acceleration on what appeared to be fairly flat ground. Even if it was slightly upward inclined I seemed to be able to do fine yesterday on similar terrain.

When Mark woke up I told him, but he insisted it was because there was an uphill slope. I mean we were barely able to do 60 mph by the time we actually got to the obviously steep climbs it was all I could do to keep it at 40-50 mph.

Mark decided he was going to open up that fuel cam plate from the Banks kit and found out where the next rest area was. It was about 10 miles but at the rate we were going it would be a good 15 minutes or more.

On this one particularly steep climb I was getting concerned we'd even make it to the top, we were doing 25 mph in 2nd gear and just made it.

We were at where I-10 and I-20 merge, and I was probably doing about 40 mph The truck that was merging let me in front of him just before road work closed the left lane.

There was now only one lane and I was in the lead! :yikes: FORTUNATELY the rest area was just 3/4 of a mile ahead.

Mark propped up the bed to let the motor cool off some and heard a hissing noise. At first he thought it was the coolant and the engine overheating wasn't registering on the gauges, but it turned out it was cruise control, a solinoid had come loose and was leaking so we weren't getting full throttle (I KNEW it felt different then it had the day before)

Mark tightened it and it stopped leaking. He took over driving. We're doing BETTER, getting up to speed on level ground but still slow going up the steep inclines, not nearly as bad, more like we were last year.

So here we are at this Pilot station. Mark just finished adjusting the plate and we're going to see how she does :crossed:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: