Author Topic: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth  (Read 593445 times)

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Sightings Of The Willy Mammoth (MCR5)
« Reply #900 on: Sep 04, 2006, 06:32:16 PM »
so U parking in Abnormaltoy  drive way 2 night ?
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #901 on: Sep 04, 2006, 07:00:41 PM »
do you have a spare turbo??  the old one???
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: Sep 04, 2006, 07:32:42 PM »
:dunno:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: Sep 04, 2006, 07:40:54 PM »
[bratvoice]are we there yet? [/bratvoice]

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: Sep 05, 2006, 06:53:38 AM »
We staying at www.voyager.com/home a really HUGE swanky RV resort, but it's on the off season so the gate guy said they had a thousand spaces available.

The pics are going to be backward but anyway, here's a couple campground pics... the map of the campground, you can see how huge it is, and the scene from our side door.

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: Sep 05, 2006, 07:03:26 AM »
AT got to the campground maybe 5 minutes after we did.
He looks very professional doesn't he? Mark - you may consider a career move!

As you can see, the pizza was AWESOME (and before anyone says it, NO we are not eating pizza with forks :slap: I just put them out to help seperate the slices :yupyup: )

And of course... no Marlander meet n greet is complete without the proof picture. Man, are we looking ragged or what, 12-1/2 hours on the road takes it toll! (I don't know what AT's excuse is) .. JK!! :rofl: You're lookin great man! Awesome AZ tan.
It was really great meeting you IRL, that was a lot of fun and a good laugh. Now go get some flooring done!

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: Sep 05, 2006, 07:15:42 AM »
OK here are some pics from the road I tried posting yesterday but had no connection (and it's spotty at this swanky RV resort too. BTW - this is an ADULT resort, I don't know how we got in, must be cause it's the off season :rofl: )

First is Mexico across the Rio Grande. It was so weird, all these houses (and I use that term loosely)  packed in every which way :ack:

Next is a sign at the NM Visitors Center "Welcome to NM, don't step on the snakes!"

Then for AT - the dry lake bed/salt flat - not so dry. It might be hard to tell from the picture but it had at least a foot or more of water in it thanks to Hurricane/TS John. It was all water as far as you could see. 

And then for Glen - a cool pic from the road...

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2006, 07:25:05 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: Sep 05, 2006, 07:39:38 AM »
thats it :dunno:  i dont see no road pics :bat:

you couldnt beat the bushes  and get a pic of a rattlesnake :screwy:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:00:22 AM »
It's 7:50 and we're heading out of Tucson. Seems we've hit some rush hour traffic.
Forgot about people WORKING :hammerhead:  :whip:

Guess we could have relaxed for another hour! oh well, we're here now.

Well we'll miss Phoenix rush hour traffic anyway. :ack:
We won't be able to tell for a while if the filter change made a difference. HOPEFULLY that did the trick :crossed: BUt there is still another filter that could be changed, maybe could find one at a NAPA dealer if we can find a NAPA dealer (guess I could search online for one)

Well as long as we have a connection we'll keep you posted on the LBC condition and progress.
Everyone put there good thoughts together and push us up those moutains! :bud:
KALIFERNIA HERE WE COME! :bud:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:02:18 AM »
hmmm looks like we're through the traffic already. Seems the EB side was way heavier :woohoo:

alright, we're moving now!
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2006, 08:06:43 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #910 on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:05:23 AM »
Sweet! Put up a picture of all the people staring at the Mammoth!

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:11:23 AM »
So where is the next scheduled stop? If you decide to brave the rush hour traffic again tomorrow in CA, the 10 jams up between Banning and San Bernardino. You may already have this scheduled on your route but you can cut out some of your traffic by taking the 30 freeway between the 10 and the 215. :twocents:  :welcome:
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:20:28 AM »
:worthless:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:54:14 AM »
Sweet! Put up a picture of all the people staring at the Mammoth!
  LOL! We'll be driving along and you look in the mirror and some guy is riding right beside the trailer and I'm thinking "what the hey, get out of my way, speed up or slow down!" like they are just riding beside us and I realize they are checking out Mammoth.
I wonder how many cell phone's we're on now. :snapshot: LOL!

So where is the next scheduled stop? If you decide to brave the rush hour traffic again tomorrow in CA, the 10 jams up between Banning and San Bernardino. You may already have this scheduled on your route but you can cut out some of your traffic by taking the 30 freeway between the 10 and the 215. :twocents:  :welcome:

HOPEFULLY :crossed: we will be through that area before or after rush hour traffic, but thanks for the info just in case. But wait :think: .. we are heading for I-215 anyway, taking 215 to 15 to 395 (where we will NOT under any circumstances stop in Adelanto!! As per Rocksurfer :rofl: ) so is taking the 30 freeway a better way to go in general?

I LOVE getting all these road tips on the board. It has really helped so much (except for that little tip on taking the UPPER 10W in San Antonio that Glen missed :slap: ) :rofl:

We're passing a huge farm somewhere in the Arizona City area. AT, do you know what they are growing?

Where is the Mammoth?

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #914 on: Sep 05, 2006, 09:19:09 AM »
mark looks wasted  :dunno:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #915 on: Sep 05, 2006, 09:36:47 AM »
Just passed through a border patrol inspection station. They were just waved everybody through. :ack: How is that suposed to work?

Usually the same when you come into Cali, lack of funding.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #916 on: Sep 05, 2006, 09:42:57 AM »

HOPEFULLY :crossed: we will be through that area before or after rush hour traffic, but thanks for the info just in case. But wait :think: .. we are heading for I-215 anyway, taking 215 to 15 to 395 (where we will NOT under any circumstances stop in Adelanto!! As per Rocksurfer :rofl: ) so is taking the 30 freeway a better way to go in general?

So when you're makin a freeway change in So-Cal and you get some red and blue lights comin up really fast on your :moon: think of Rocksurfer :gap:

Remember, the towing speed limit in Cali is 55 :shake:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #917 on: Sep 05, 2006, 09:45:13 AM »
You should feel lucky that RV park was empty usually full of snowbirds, you'd have never got out of there all those old farts would have been crawling all over the Mammoth reminiscing about the old days and wondering if that was their Willys when they were in the army.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: Sep 05, 2006, 09:56:43 AM »

I knew someone would say that, he always squints in anticipation of the flash. He had only had one frosty beverage.

So when you're makin a freeway change in So-Cal and you get some red and blue lights comin up really fast on your :moon: think of Rocksurfer :gap:

Remember, the towing speed limit in Cali is 55 :shake:
  Thanks for the heads up! @ Cali -> :idiot: We're not going to make very good time like that! :slap:

You should feel lucky that RV park was empty usually full of snowbirds, you'd have never got out of there all those old farts would have been crawling all over the Mammoth reminiscing about the old days and wondering if that was their Willys when they were in the army.
  :shake: ain't dat da truth! As it was they all stopped what they were doing on the shuffle board and tennis courts gaping with wonder as we went by. :rofl:
We waved and they sort of tenatively waved back. Didn't quite know what to make of us! :rofl2:

Where is the Mammoth?

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: Sep 05, 2006, 10:20:12 AM »
Soooo the current ETA for Marlins Shop is??? Just hope the LBC hangs on till then, no worries with a shop full of gear heads, you will get it taken care of. Just hook up a shot of NOS :greengrin:
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: Sep 05, 2006, 11:10:12 AM »

:dunno:  which one Joe :dunno:

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
« Reply #921 on: Sep 05, 2006, 12:44:06 PM »
  LOL! We'll be driving along and you look in the mirror and some guy is riding right beside the trailer and I'm thinking "what the hey, get out of my way, speed up or slow down!" like they are just riding beside us and I realize they are checking out Mammoth.
I wonder how many cell phone's we're on now. :snapshot: LOL!

I LOVE getting all these road tips on the board. It has really helped so much (except for that little tip on taking the UPPER 10W in San Antonio that Glen missed :slap: ) :rofl:

We're passing a huge farm somewhere in the Arizona City area. AT, do you know what they are growing?

:yesnod: it will cut off alittle time and traffic to take the 30 from the 10 to the 215 plus you by pass downtown San Bernardino.
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: Sep 05, 2006, 02:54:52 PM »
ANd if there were actually EXIT NUMBERS in this state you tell me which exit that would be but since AREN'T :idiot: we just have to keep watching the signs till we find it!

Dang did we just have a major ordeal! We were down to below 1/4 tank according to the gauge and coming up on a Flying J, but because there are no exit numbers we didn't know when or where, only the town and the street name.

Well we found the street but because there are no directional signs posted on the exits to tell you which way what facilities are, as they do in EVERY other state we have come through, we didn't know which way to go. It appeared the Flying J was straight ahead, so we got in that lane at the light [john belusi voice] but NOOOOOOOOO [/john belusi voice] that lane was to get back on the interstate :bat: the Flying J was to the right and of course I was in a Left or Straight lane so we had to make a Left and try to find a place to turn around.

We made another L at the next light which took us through this casino parking lot with a round about turn around. Fine, we made the turn around, got back on the road to get back on the other road, no sooner did we make the right onto the road we turned off of then the LBC DIED! DEAD!

Fortunately there was a merging lane we were in and were able to pull over safely. It seemed like an electrical problem at first, the engine wasn't even turning over.
But it didn't take long for Mark to diagnosis that air had gotten in the fuel line and shut it down. The apparent electric problem was just the battery being drained.

We got it going after about 5 minutes or more of messing around and got to the Flying J to fill up. It seems we still had over a 1/4 of a tank of fuel so it wasn't that low :snare: BUt we sure won't let it go below 1/4 again!

Anyhoo, we had lunch and are on the road AGAIN. The fuel filter helped a bunch on the climbing. It didn't seem there were any major mountain passes, and I was able to keep it above 50 mph on the worst of them.

We probably won't be in Fresno before 7 at this rate but we're pushing ahead.

OK, I just saw an exit number. Maybe I can find out what exit 30 is.

Where is the Mammoth?

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #923 on: Sep 05, 2006, 03:09:37 PM »
Sorry, no exit numbers here (although, they are slowly putting them in, in the bay area) :gap:

Weedeater

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jun '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: Sep 05, 2006, 04:14:35 PM »
Do the exit numbers there coordinate with the mile markers like in most states?  Took Florida long enough to get around to fixing the realy screwed up numbering system we had.

If I knew what time the Mammoths were pulling out of the drive, I may have taken up camp under the crawler.  I need to get out of this state for a little while.  I just got a phone call a few minutes ago from my father about making a trip to Texas to meet some new family members, my brothers new wife and son.

Pictures, we want pictures. Put that finger on the button and dont let go till the end of the trip.

Keep it safe, my dinner is ready, later
Weedeater
Weedeater
TOJC member
06 Rubicon
66 VW Beetle

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: Sep 05, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »
Oh I've got pics! Its just a matter of having the time and connection to post them! Since there are no exit numbers here I can't just tell MrW ... Watch for Exit Whatever... I have no idea what it is and have to watch every sign.

We got over Cajones Pass @ 4100' crawling about 25mph most of the way, I don't think we would have made it yesterday! :yikes:

At this rate we're not going to be in Fresno till 8pm :down: I'll call Marlin and give him our ETA.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: Sep 05, 2006, 04:38:31 PM »
We just pulled out of a Pilot where we stopped for a quick break and there's what appears to be a fire in the direction we just came from!

Where is the Mammoth?

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: Sep 05, 2006, 04:52:43 PM »
well lets hope you can out run it.       :talkingn:    no really looking forward to meeting ya IRL in Fresno  :beerwhack: oops sorry forgot your on the road and can drink a beer right now. maybe tonight but definitely one or two tomorrow.  :woohoo: I can hardly wait but I promised to eat dinner with her if I didn't have to take off to help y'all
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: Sep 05, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »
hey girl hows the migo.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #929 on: Sep 05, 2006, 04:56:49 PM »
Wow regardless of all the :pokinit: you guys are makin pretty good time!! Yer ginna be in Fresno tonite? :ack: Just reminds me.. day after tomorrow we'll be at the KOA  :willynilly: I'm SO not ready :headshake:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -