Author Topic: Project BoostedRunner, SOLD  (Read 532832 times)

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Project BoostedRunner Snow wheelin pics+vids
« Reply #840 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
Hell ya! I just checked out the video's  on you youtube I'm so jealous. Mine is still in the garage with wiring issues. How much of a body lift do you have? I've pretty much been running the same set up. My spring mounts are 1 1/2 inches forward from stock. I made a cross member with 3 by 4 inch tubing so my mounts are a little lower and I had to use longer shackles. ( the 14 inch Bilstiens and shock hoops were to low, almost no up travel) I used sky's high steer kit with my box in the stock position,With Allpro's 3' buggy springs. No issues. Those 27 spline longs will hold up fine.I have been running 27's with hub gears and a high pinion and ARP hub studs for 3 years with no breakage. I would definitely get the hub studs that's the next weak link. Last year I towed a  30,000 lb dump truck at our local top truck challenge hoping like mad for the last 20 feet. It held up great! BY the way I've been running 38.5 baja claws witch weigh 102 lbs each and measure 39' tall and are 17.5 inches wide.
sounds like a good setup bro, it will be cool when you get yours running, I wanna see some videos of other turbo'd crawlers on the forum!  Yeah those baja claws are fat heavy tires, if the 27's can hold up to those then they should hold up to my 40" mtr's. I'm gonna get longfield's hub gears for sure and i am also gonna get the arp hub studs.
were was this at. looks like a cool place to wheel!
the video's are in the Black Hills of South Dakota, just about five miles out of Sturgis.  Yeah its a great place to wheel, beautiful terrain and alot of killer, tight, technical trails.
wow your truck looks F'ing amazing... just need to figure out something for the rear cause it looks like your 2 inches from rubbing just driving haha.

thanks man!  yeah i didnt take into account the rig being full of tools and recovery equipment along with two passengers!  its sittin pretty close to the top of the wheel wells.  It did rub pretty good a few times yesterday, so i will be cutting them up higher for sure.
Really diggin the Runner dude..... definately one of my few favorites! :beerchug:
thanks bro,  I just cant stop thinking about how sick its gonna look when i get the bob and dove done.  I'm planning on cutting the factory top right behind the sliding windows just like NITE KRAWLERS did on his 007 build.  Then i will dove the top to match the body, then i am going to have a small can-back type of deal made that will snap onto the back of the top and connect down to the tailgate.  Cant wait to get that project underway!
That's a sick looking Runner  :biggthumpup:
thanks bro,  i am really excited with how it is turning out so far!
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823