Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31178 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology II
« Reply #150 on: Jul 15, 2007, 08:29:48 PM »
WOW!  Mike you've been busy!  I read most of it, I'll re-read it all in depth again later. 

I have tried to stay away from this post for some time now, but I felt that I need to post my feelings.  I first want to say that I have many friends and family of all religions, including a Rabi.  And I've sat down and talked about the basics of their religions.  And I agree with Bigmike about the one religion to some degree.  I'm not religious, we don't believe in organized religion, my close and personal friends know how I feel about this.  I have been to many different churches, and religions, to try to see if I wanted to belong to a church, to see what it's all about, but all I ever got was how this church/religion is only church/religion to believe in!  My wife and I believe there is a higher power, there are things that can't be explained, but I'm not gonna say what religion/god is right!  If you boil down all the religions to their basics, they are all the same.  They are all about peace, love and be kind to your neighbor, whatever their color, beliefs and/or religion.

We follow the bible as a guideline on how to run your life.  We don't treat the bible as the final word.  It's a proven fact historically that the bible has been edited through time!  Who truly knows whats god's word, or what has been changed to fit the times!  I despise people that hate gay people just because the bible tells them too!  Or anything else.  That is pure ignorance.  My wife has a friend that was raised by the old testament and hates gays with a passion, because the bible tells her it's wrong!  That's just closing your mind to the world.  I just ask people to have a open mind and to make an educated decision.  Just don't believe that the bible is the only word, and don't vote on a president, because your minister says to vote for this guy.  (my step-mom)   Or that the dinosaurs never existed because the bible doesn't talk about them!  :headscratch:

I don't intend to upset anyone on how I feel, or what I believe in!  We are all open minded on this board, we are all able to say what we say as long as it's not meant to offend!  I respect what people think!  And this is how we feel, and think.  That's all I ask. 

Thank you!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen