Author Topic: SqWADoosh's 85 Runner Build Thread  (Read 324395 times)

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
Re: SqWADoosh's 85 Runner Build Thread
« Reply #750 on: Jan 29, 2016, 05:16:05 PM »
So long overdue update time. I'm about 3 months out from Moab. Just filed my taxes and I'm getting squat back so the 37s are not going to happen in time for Moab. I still am replacing my entire power steering system minus the steering box. Most of the parts have showed up including my order from Dave'z! Ordered on the 7th and it showed up today. An order from Dave'z that arrived in under a month, HAH! How'd I get so lucky, right? I'm going with a TC pump out of a Cherokee and went with an autozone refurb version of that with corresponding pulley. I am doing a major upgrade to my fluid capacity with Dave'z high mount reservoir. This thing is a beast and will easily triple the amount of fluid in the system. Now to just find a place to mount it! I also finally picked up the Sky's 3/4 less pitman arm as I plan on fixing my up-travel problems before Moab. I also got a free 20" light bar from a buddy in the club that he had laying around in his garage. He threw it my way after I fixed his busted E-Locker last weekend. So I mounted that up this evening and will be doing the wiring tomorrow. Really happy with how it fits on my bumper. Looks like it was meant to be there.  :thumbs:

Finally, I picked up a new tent for the upcoming season. I watch a lot of Aussie 4x4 programs and in doing so have found their use of "Swags" for tents to be very intriguing. I've been searching high and low for a provider of one stateside and finally found an awesome 2 person swag from a company called CanvasCamp. 100% heavy duty canvas with a PVC floor that comes up about 2" to keep you dry. The whole idea with swags is it is all inclusive. It comes with an integrated 2" foam matress in the base and you roll and unroll it all in one foul swoop. The other major advantage of the swag is the setup/take down time. We are talking less than 3 minutes and I'll be ready to go.  :yesnod: