Author Topic: Swapped89 party bus picture update  (Read 179106 times)

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
much better stance!!!!! it'll wheel way nicer too! :beerchug:
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
thanks man I appreciate the comment. Next time the sun is out I'll get some better pics. I loaded the bed down with some bricks. To kinda simulate a full load of campin gear/spare trail parts. And the wieght level'd it out and then some. So Ima leave therear the way it is for now to help with the added wieght I bring to the trail.

P.s. (haha) did you know I'm the guy that bought yours or your brother tim's straight axle? I came out to Albany a few years ago with my girlfriend in a green 3rd gen 4runner. :beerchug:

ya i knew that  :thumbs:. isnt that axle under your truck right now ?? it was my brother that sold it to you, but i was there when you came down. you gonna make it for memorial weekend??

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 270
  • Male Posts: 1,221
  • Member since Aug '09
  • Not all who wander...are lost
    • View Profile
much better stance!!!!! it'll wheel way nicer too! :beerchug:
Right on! Thanks alot. It drives soo much nicer too. I gotta put some boomerang shackles on it now, cause they hit when I flex hard.
truck looks dope lowered! who all you going to browns with
goin with EARLY and his buggy and truggy friends. Last night we welded up early's front ifs diff. He blew the spider gears last time he was at browns. Pretty lucky break cause we were able to just weld them up and he had just installed some Yukon 5:29s not too long ago.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2010, 09:38:46 AM by swapped89 »
SAS 89 p/u 3.0 5speed, bobbed, locked, ready to play in the rocks. or wherever the pavement ends :)
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61345.0 

a wise man listens and observes more so than he opens his mouth.. and when he does it is valuable information....   (twistedtoy92)

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
ya i knew that  :thumbs:. isnt that axle under your truck right now ?? it was my brother that sold it to you, but i was there when you came down. you gonna make it for memorial weekend??
I'm tryin to make it but I have a family trip the weekend after so it's lookin kinda hectic for me right now. I wanna go soo bad. The pics pics and vids I have seen of groundhog look bad ass.
SAS 89 p/u 3.0 5speed, bobbed, locked, ready to play in the rocks. or wherever the pavement ends :)

a wise man listens and observes more so than he opens his mouth.. and when he does it is valuable information....   (twistedtoy92)

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
I'm tryin to make it but I have a family trip the weekend after so it's lookin kinda hectic for me right now. I wanna go soo bad. The pics pics and vids I have seen of groundhog look bad ass.

nice. its pretty sweet over there, ive only been to groundhog once last year and we were only there for a half of a day pretty much. we had a blast while we were there though. let me know a couple weeks before if you decide to go  :biggthumpup:

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
nice. its pretty sweet over there, ive only been to groundhog once last year and we were only there for a half of a day pretty much. we had a blast while we were there though. let me know a couple weeks before if you decide to go  :biggthumpup:
I'll let you know for sure. :thumbs:

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Anybody wanna come to browns camp with us tomorrow after work. We are gonna camp out have afire and what not then wheel Saturday and probly Friday night.

P.s. We are leavin the women at home :-)

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
i wish i had the cash flow.
i love oregon wheelin.

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
I wish you did too. Just say screw it grab a credit card fill up yer tank and head out with us lol

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
it's not the credit card i'm worried about.   it's the coming up with the payment.    :help:
i love oregon wheelin.

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Haha ya I hear that. We had a pretty good trip I'd say. Eventhough. I broke the two lower studs that hold the rear diff in place.(on waterfall) And it started pouring oil. So I decided tha since I brought an electric drill and an Easy out kit. That I would remove the broken studs and replace with some bolts. As I was drilling a little hole in one stud it decided to loosen up and drive itself into the axle housing. So we pulled the axles and diff. Remove the chunk of stud and easy outer the other stud. Then put it all back together with the collected oil and one good quart from my tool box. It all worked out fine. So the five of us decided to go to sandlake for Saturday night and play around there. And when I was playin on the beach my alternator/fan belt went out. Which I easily fixed and continued to play all day. All in all we had a real good time and added a couple more trail fixes to the list. I got no pics. But EARLY does! Throw some pics up when ya can bro! Thanks for all the help. :beerchug:

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Oct '09
  • The Buddhas ridin shotie
    • View Profile
Im still grinin ear to ear.

The Fix:

Fixed:

1994  4Runner w/ full doors

My hands are dirty cause i drive a yota

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Last Beach:

A few more but these were the jist

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
haha, i just noticed that the last pic is stevo tellin me to slow down cause i gunned it to get that pic and the sheriff was behind us.

mattlosch

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 703
  • Member since Sep '09
  • IBEW Local 48
    • View Profile
looks like alot of fuin!
1983 caged, 22re, slammed

2006 cummins 6spd... somewhere around 750whp for a tow rig

89sastoyo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 148
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
so did jay and dj not go???

Does look like fun .
89 extra cab stock on 1 tons.
83 rolled with built toy axles
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56487.0

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
haha, i just noticed that the last pic is stevo tellin me to slow down cause i gunned it to get that pic and the sheriff was behind us.
Haha ya. Seen him in my rear view. I was like stevo tell mike to sloooow down. Haha you looked like you were gettin ready to race er somethin.
Ps my GF said the guys weekend made me so happy I should do it more often. Ha I was like hell ya.
Pss thanks for posting up the pics!!! I didn't get any I had my phone and no car charger. Thanks broham :beerchug:
Next time I'll bring more roman candles :)
Adam dj road along with EARLY and jay didn't get to come out.

All in all the trip was a ton o fun. !!!! I had a blast, no gripin whining or pregnant doggin. Just some good ole boys havin fun! 
I just pcked up some TG diff studs Ima throw them in tomorrow cause my baby is still dripping oil due to the kinda sorta stripped housing threads.

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
you can mod that third member.    buy adding more bolts to it.   drill and tap more holes around it, and then put bolts in there to add strength.  cause that is preety common to happen.    and it sounds like you got lucky.
there could have been more broke.  then there would have been damage to the third member.   :idea:
i love oregon wheelin.

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
you can mod that third member.    buy adding more bolts to it.   drill and tap more holes around it, and then put bolts in there to add strength.  cause that is preety common to happen.    and it sounds like you got lucky.
there could have been more broke.  then there would have been damage to the third member.   :idea:
ya I was thinkin about that. I got the trail gear stud upgrade kit I'm hopin those solve my problem. This s like thethird time I have broke those 1 or two lower studs. I just asked TG what grade the studs are and he said they are grade 10.2 so I'm thinkin that oughta be plenty strong. If not I'll have my old studs in the tool box incase it ever happens again (knock on wood) :cool:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:00:15 AM by swapped89 »

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
well i not talking about stronger studs.  just drill and tap a couple more around the third,  maybe with stronger ones.   cause it will just rip the threads out next time.  if the new stronger studs don't break.   my Friend had this problem,  and he had them rip out and then had to fix it like I'm saying.   then i did it to and have never had a prob. since then.    food for thought.
i love oregon wheelin.

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
well i not talking about stronger studs.  just drill and tap a couple more around the third,  maybe with stronger ones.   cause it will just rip the threads out next time.  if the new stronger studs don't break.   my Friend had this problem,  and he had them rip out and then had to fix it like I'm saying.   then i did it to and have never had a prob. since then.    food for thought.

I gotcha. But these new stronger studs are like bolts that screw in from the inside of the axle housing so they can't get pulled out even if the threads strip. Because of the Allen head on them.

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile

89sastoyo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 148
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
those are sweet that beats drilling and tapping all of those holes for sure.
89 extra cab stock on 1 tons.
83 rolled with built toy axles
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56487.0

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
those are sweet that beats drilling and tapping all of those holes for sure.
Thats what im thinkin. cheap and easy. And i wont have to go buy a drill and tap.

86rustbucket

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
I just asked TG what grade the studs are and he said they are grade 10.2 so I'm thinkin that oughta be plenty strong.

thats definately a good idea on the studs but you gotta remember thats grade 10.2 on the taiwanese grading scale.
  i think i'm gonna go down to fresno ag hardware and look for some similar grade 8 studs

cool ass pics man the rig is coming along nicely,   how do you like the hydro assist?

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
yep that's the ticket.    :biggthumpup:  now that's using your dip stick.
i love oregon wheelin.

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
thats definately a good idea on the studs but you gotta remember thats grade 10.2 on the taiwanese grading scale.
  i think i'm gonna go down to fresno ag hardware and look for some similar grade 8 studs

cool ass pics man the rig is coming along nicely,   how do you like the hydro assist?
taiwanese or not they are still stronger than stock 21 year old studs.

And the hydro assist is awesome. I was wheelin with my ARB locked and i was able to turn no problem. It was like the front end was unlocked. I almost forgot to unlock the front because the hydro assist made turning such a breeze.

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Hey Andrew I went and got a drill and tap I'm thinkin about puttin an extra stud in the bottom of the diff. How would you go about doing it. So everything lines up correctly when it's all done? I was thinkin put all my new studs in. Tighten the diff in place. Then pick a spot between the two lower studs. Drill a hole 17/64s then remove the diff tap the axle housing for m8x1.25. Then install extra stud andrhen re-install the diff.. What do ya think. That should work right. And I'll probly have to drill the extra hole in the diff just a tiny bit bigger for the stud to fit.