Author Topic: Project BoostedRunner, SOLD  (Read 532898 times)

yjay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 555
  • Member since Feb '09
  • SFA Station Wagon
    • View Profile
Did you get the engine problem figured out?
22re Daily Driver
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56568.0
91 4Runner-R151f, MC07,23 spline duals, Marlin 1200lb clutch, 85 Front axle, Leaf swap rear, Yukon 5.29's, BFG KM2 35's, Detroit, OBA, 280k

pumkin toy [OP]

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
looking good
thanks bro
that's sweet fab work. :beer:
thank you sir

whats this now!!? dude i'm all over gettin in the club and doing this run! always down for wheeling no matter what time the day man you guys know dat!!!     :shocking:    NIGHT WHEELING

Nice dude looking good! crossmember turned out good and probably only cost you 2 cents to make at work huh ha ha you son of a!!!

yeah i need to get you goin to our club meetings every month too so you can become a member.  we need more young people in our club.  its gettin to be all older people that never wheel anything hard anymore because they have families! lame!   But yeah our club puts on an annual event called the Black Hills Cruiser Classic.  its a four day event sanctioned by the TLCA. People come from all over the US for our event.   Yeah the crossmember literally cost me only the gas and wire i used at home.
Its the cruiser classic dude!! Camp n and wheeln man!! Were gona do the 1st annual night wheeln runs this year! Bust out da uner lights. Sound good Caleb, lets talk it over??? Iceman and Rice Crisby??  :psss:
We actually do a night run every year but its just somethin really easy.  However we could volunteer to leed a night run on somethin a little harder!  I'm sure our club would be down for that.  No i havnt been sneakin to the meetings!  I keep forgetting to tell you about them, and i forget to go.  So yeah we have one every third friday of the month at 7:30 at Hardees on north Haines by Best Buy.  I think to become a member you have to go to two club meetings and one club wheelin run.
Looks good man. You wanna come over and assemble my 23 spline dual cases? Lol.
ha ha  I could but i'm sure you are nowhere close to me!
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Did you get the engine problem figured out?
No it has not been fixed.  its a bunch of BS.  I think i need a new AFM.  but they are about 400 bucks!
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -35
  • Male Posts: 970
  • Member since Oct '09
  • I KNOW A SWEENEY BRO!!!
    • View Profile
Ya dude lets get a sick night run organized!  :shocking:  :shocking: Be way cool. I think rice crisby would make a great choice too.  :thumbs: But lets start hit n up da meetings and get the young blood back in da game man. Any club snow runs come n up, if not lets get one going as soon as we get your ride going, sons of a. HA HA. Ya ever get that e lock figured out to dawg??? ???
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
i love oregon wheelin.

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Ya dude lets get a sick night run organized!  :shocking:  :shocking: Be way cool. I think rice crisby would make a great choice too.  :thumbs: But lets start hit n up da meetings and get the young blood back in da game man. Any club snow runs come n up, if not lets get one going as soon as we get your ride going, sons of a. HA HA. Ya ever get that e lock figured out to dawg??? ???
yeah we just missed the last meeting, so the next one will be the third friday in feb.  We always have a club run the following saturday.  So the next meeting will be feb 19th and a trail ride on the 20th.  I havnt messed with the e-lock at all.  I will probly get back on track with that this weekend, i wanna get that figured out.
97 4runner Limited

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Hey lets all try to make the club meeting/run the feb 19th/20th dude!! I'll have my gears in the rear fixed by then. Tim should have duals in, ARE YOU STILL THERE! Think ya can have BSR ready man!! HA HA
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

89sastoyo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 148
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
ok man have you tried to romp on it like get in it and try and go. MY 2wd needed a maf and it was so rich look like a built cummins aha. I would start it and it'd idle really rough then id get on it and it clean out and go ok but as soon as you were in it to win it it would just run like hot garbage and smoke. So if its similar im sure its the afm
89 extra cab stock on 1 tons.
83 rolled with built toy axles
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56487.0

89sastoyo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
and also with that boosted motor and all I would consider a different t case mount something with poly bushings or run two because with taht motor and all that torque its going to want to rip that thing into shreds and will move to the motor mounts after... just a thought..
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
and also with that boosted motor and all I would consider a different t case mount something with poly bushings or run two because with taht motor and all that torque its going to want to rip that thing into shreds and will move to the motor mounts after... just a thought..

Are you talk n wer it bolts to the frame on those tabs??? Cause i thought the same thing and this is wer i thought ya might want some rubber bushings to absorb some and give it a little movement, maybe i'm just lost!! Maybe its not nessasary cause the stock t case mount dont have any rubber, it just bolts to the frame and away ya go!

89sastoyo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
naw like the stock cross t case mounts are rubber like I think your thinking of like the cross members which bolt the the back of the cases and use rubber bushings on the end. but he's using the stock t case mounting set up so basically that cross members the same as a trail gear or budbuilt. I just know with 4.7s and that much motor it will destroy those mounts.
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
naw like the stock cross t case mounts are rubber like I think your thinking of like the cross members which bolt the the back of the cases and use rubber bushings on the end. but he's using the stock t case mounting set up so basically that cross members the same as a trail gear or budbuilt. I just know with 4.7s and that much motor it will destroy those mounts.
yeah i am planning on getting a "bomb proof" mount or making something using poly bushings to replace the stock one.  I just used the stock one for now.  I know it wont hold up to my insane amounts of toyota hp and torque :hahaha:  I plan on replaceing the engine mounts too because the original owner used the stock ones for the swap :yikes:   So with the afm deal, basically mine will idle pretty smooth, but it deffinately runs rich while idling. If i try to drive it i can push on the gas and it will start to go a bit then it just falls right on its face, almost like a fuel cut thing, but if i keep my foot into it, it will pull through and take off. It seems to run ok while i am accelerating, but once i let up on the gas just a bit, it starts to run horrible again and almost die.  I'm almost positive its the afm.  I'm going out in the garage to check fuel pressure, timing, and spark today.
97 4runner Limited

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
One thing to try if you havent already, have a buddy keep trying to rev it up and mess with all of the connecters under the hood. My friends nissan had a pin break off of the maf harness connector, Looked like everything was fine but it was loose inside the connector.
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
One thing to try if you havent already, have a buddy keep trying to rev it up and mess with all of the connecters under the hood. My friends nissan had a pin break off of the maf harness connector, Looked like everything was fine but it was loose inside the connector.
yeah i have checked all that stuff pretty thouroughly.  The stock wiring harness on this supra engine kinda scares me though.  alot of the wires are corroded and coming apart at the connectors.  I have had to replace three connectors already because of corrosion and old brittle plastic that keeps breaking.
97 4runner Limited

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile

Got cha dude!!

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
yeah i have checked all that stuff pretty thouroughly.  The stock wiring harness on this supra engine kinda scares me though.  alot of the wires are corroded and coming apart at the connectors.  I have had to replace three connectors already because of corrosion and old brittle plastic that keeps breaking.

WHAT YEAR TURBO HARNESS IS THAT!!!i have access to a FULL pre-89 turbo harness! dirt cheap most likely!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
WHAT YEAR TURBO HARNESS IS THAT!!!i have access to a FULL pre-89 turbo harness! dirt cheap most likely!
i'm pretty sure it is an 87 harness.
97 4runner Limited

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
DUDE! one fricked SECOND!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
90 harness w/ 90 AT CPU

$100 + shipping from my house!

you would need the CPU as the dash plugs are different.... otherwise all the other plugs are the same.

Let Me KNOW!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
where did you get the harness?  yeah idk the differences between AT and manual.  it would be nice to have a harness to steal plugs and such off of though. alot of my crap is corroded and the plugs are cracked.  is your harness in good shape?  Its a turbo harness right?
97 4runner Limited

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
its at my buddies house he offered it to me if i wanted to go to turbo and swap my whole cars to get the luxury stuff too.

its in really good condition!

1990 Turbo Harness :thumbs:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

89sastoyo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
ok yeah its deff the afm for sure. I read up for hours the other night because I just swapped a freshly built re into my 2wd which I bought like 8 months prior with a hole in the block and it had been sitting for a month or so before that. I just new it was clean untill it threw a rod. I proceeded to swap the motor got it in started it up and it runs like a built 454 like fully cammed out all crazy like and i mean it has a cam but no 4cyl cam should run like this did lol. So I started checking all vacuum lines and what not read up like crazy and It all came to the cold start injector or the maf. I mean it was full on black smoke but my cold air intake was whistling hard core like it was getting air.. I just swapped the one for my 4wd in it started it up and like that it was perfect. same symtoms for sure and I tried everything easy to fix it and that ended up being it so I'd say thats your problem and im 99.9 percent sure.

and good call on the bomb proof mounts and motor mounts as well lol. I mean I have polly bushings in my cross member and i still get a good amounts of motor twist with my re lol
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
ok yeah its deff the afm for sure. I read up for hours the other night because I just swapped a freshly built re into my 2wd which I bought like 8 months prior with a hole in the block and it had been sitting for a month or so before that. I just new it was clean untill it threw a rod. I proceeded to swap the motor got it in started it up and it runs like a built 454 like fully cammed out all crazy like and i mean it has a cam but no 4cyl cam should run like this did lol. So I started checking all vacuum lines and what not read up like crazy and It all came to the cold start injector or the maf. I mean it was full on black smoke but my cold air intake was whistling hard core like it was getting air.. I just swapped the one for my 4wd in it started it up and like that it was perfect. same symtoms for sure and I tried everything easy to fix it and that ended up being it so I'd say thats your problem and im 99.9 percent sure.

and good call on the bomb proof mounts and motor mounts as well lol. I mean I have polly bushings in my cross member and i still get a good amounts of motor twist with my re lol
yeah i'm leaning towards it being the afm, pretty sure that's it.  I'm trying to track down a known working condition one online. Its hard to find them for a decent price.  I already have two extra's, but they are a different part number, and they didnt make a difference.  I hope its the afm!  Just gotta find a good used one cuz i'm not throwin down 400 bucks for a new one
its at my buddies house he offered it to me if i wanted to go to turbo and swap my whole cars to get the luxury stuff too.

its in really good condition!

1990 Turbo Harness :thumbs:
alright i will think about it and let you know if i want it.  well actually i know i want it, but not sure if i want to spend my money on it :cheese:
97 4runner Limited

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
yeah i have checked all that stuff pretty thouroughly.  The stock wiring harness on this supra engine kinda scares me though.  alot of the wires are corroded and coming apart at the connectors.  I have had to replace three connectors already because of corrosion and old brittle plastic that keeps breaking.

YA bro get that harness for sure man cause yours is weak dude. When we worked on all that electric stuff and connectors i was like wow. Plus who ever did the wire job on the swap did such a hack job bra, scary like man... I would eventually replace all that stuff too when ya could. NO ONE TWISTS THE WIRES TOGETHER AND SODERS THE CONNECTION AND THEN TAPES THEM, i mean come on fo real. But ya dude it must be the afm. Round up a good one eh?? I'll check wit my buddy that builds race cars and see if he might be able to get a hold of one. lata, gona go cut some more on my runner now..

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
alright i will think about it and let you know if i want it.  well actually i know i want it, but not sure if i want to spend my money on it :cheese:

Let mew know man.... ill go get it... and get a flat rate box for ya.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
YA bro get that harness for sure man cause yours is weak dude. When we worked on all that electric stuff and connectors i was like wow. Plus who ever did the wire job on the swap did such a hack job bra, scary like man... I would eventually replace all that stuff too when ya could. NO ONE TWISTS THE WIRES TOGETHER AND SODERS THE CONNECTION AND THEN TAPES THEM, i mean come on fo real. But ya dude it must be the afm. Round up a good one eh?? I'll check wit my buddy that builds race cars and see if he might be able to get a hold of one. lata, gona go cut some more on my runner now..
yeah i would like to get the harness, but its an auto harness so i'm sure i cant use the ecu, and alot of stuff may be different.  I tracked down another afm on supramania.  dude says his car ran fine and now he is parting it out so he has a good afm for 45 bucks.  i think i will snag it up
97 4runner Limited

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
my supra budde who has the harness and has 4 supras :D said the harness is same.... but the plugs at the CPU.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
my supra budde who has the harness and has 4 supras :D said the harness is same.... but the plugs at the CPU.
ok i will think about it.   Thanks dude
97 4runner Limited

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
I checked fuel pressure on the runner today, along with a few other things.  I still think i have a bad afm.  I'm hoping this next one i buy will fix it.  I can drive it somewhat when the CEL comes on and it is in limp mode, so i took it outside today for some updated pics.  I also flexed it a bit to see how everything clears since i have lowered it so much.  I measured for bump stops, and marked areas where i need to trim.  I ended up trimming the rear fender on one side of the truck after i brought it back in the garage.  Its lookin like it will turn out pretty good.  I cut the top layer of sheetmetal out, and cut the pinchweld out.  then i took the inner fender sheetmetal and put some slits in it so i could stretch it back out to the outer fender.  IDK yet if this will be enough trimming all together, but i will find out as soon as it runs good again and i can wheel it.  Oh yeah and i love the dual cases with 4.7 gears in the second one!  it crawls so freekin slow, it rocks! :rockingout: :rockingout:
97 4runner Limited

pumkin toy [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
more
97 4runner Limited