Author Topic: Frankenstein II - Going on Tons (Updated 2-5-09)  (Read 55868 times)

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Frankenstein II - Going on Tons
« Reply #240 on: Jan 28, 2009, 07:12:36 PM »
Awesome man.  Glad to see you putting some big axles under that beast.  Those dually hubs make that axle look freakishly wide.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #241 on: Jan 28, 2009, 08:11:21 PM »
Awesome man.  Glad to see you putting some big axles under that beast.  Those dually hubs make that axle look freakishly wide.

yeah I need to swap those out. do you know where to find SRW hubs?
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:24:43 AM »
yeah I need to swap those out. do you know where to find SRW hubs?

I have a spare set laying around.  If you want them let me know.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #243 on: Jan 30, 2009, 04:59:19 PM »
got a little bit done today, making the new front hanger and cutting off the old one.

"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #244 on: Feb 03, 2009, 09:48:46 PM »
finished making the front hanger, should be getting some parts in this week so I can finish hanging the front axle

Elven

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 58
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Feb 03, 2009, 09:56:35 PM »
I have a question and I haven't read your whole build up but why would you choose to keep leaves?  If your there and have everything cut off why wouldn't you run coils and links or Coil overs...I mean you can get some coils off of an explorer or newer jeep and build your links and stuff.....Other than that question   :thumbs: looks good  :beerchug:

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #246 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:01:44 PM »
I have a question and I haven't read your whole build up but why would you choose to keep leaves?  If your there and have everything cut off why wouldn't you run coils and links or Coil overs...I mean you can get some coils off of an explorer or newer jeep and build your links and stuff.....Other than that question   :thumbs: looks good  :beerchug:

Baby steps! I dont want to dump a bunch of money into links (not yet anyways) Once I get it running and take it out a few times im sure things will change but for now im just trying to keep it cheap $.

TOY087

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 135
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:17:02 PM »
LOOKING NICE  :biggthumpup: :thumbs: :biggthumpup: :thumbs: :biggthumpup: :thumbs: :biggthumpup: :thumbs:
07 TACOMA DAILY DRIVER

87 toy 22r/lc cam/350 holley/lc headers/magnaflow,5" LIFT ,35bogger

MY BUILD:  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56212.0

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #248 on: Feb 04, 2009, 07:21:21 AM »
thanks

Elven

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 58
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: Feb 04, 2009, 09:05:22 AM »
Ok cool figured it was more cost effective for you short term to get it on it's feet.... :biggthumpup:

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #250 on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »
Ok cool figured it was more cost effective for you short term to get it on it's feet.... :biggthumpup:

definitly, im allready in over my head I just want to get it finished and go out  :driving:

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #251 on: Feb 05, 2009, 01:40:33 PM »
what do you guys think?

should i throw on a few trusses on the side and front?

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 1,968
  • Member since Oct '07
  • BORN TO WHEEL, FORCED TO WORK...
    • View Profile
extra support never hurts man! it looks sick too!!!  :yupyup: :beerchug:
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com
www.myspace.com/choptechfab

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39494.0

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
extra support never hurts man! it looks sick too!!!  :yupyup: :beerchug:

Thanks, im going to finish it up tomorrow

rednk1980

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,295
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Pull Your Panties to the side!
    • View Profile
looking good man cant wait to see it out of the garage.
HOLD ON TIGHT! :driving: :hammerhead:
1983 Toyota SR5 long box bobbed 17" doved 14" bed cage, 22re, w56 tranny, working on dual cases 23 spline 4.70 twin sticks driveline disco. Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear disk brakes and ff.

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
looks nice..i might throw a triangle gusset off the frame to the hanger on the sides for some extra support  :dunno:...came out good though  :thumbs:

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
looking good man cant wait to see it out of the garage.
thanks, me too

looks nice..i might throw a triangle gusset off the frame to the hanger on the sides for some extra support  :dunno:...came out good though  :thumbs:
i think im going to do it on the bottom side of the frame to the hanger.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
got my parts today for the 60. nice and beefy stuff from ruff stuff

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
sweet..parts are always nice to get  :beerchug:

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
well............

looks like the frankenstein is at an end. i have to many projects and the "boss" is tired of it.

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
looks nice you could gusset it like this

BigBs84

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 349
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
well............

looks like the frankenstein is at an end. i have to many projects and the "boss" is tired of it.

So what does this mean? Will you be donating those full size axles to the budget beater then
Build it wright-wind it tight
   High-N-Tight offroad
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45027.0 My truggy build

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer

So what does this mean? Will you be donating those full size axles to the budget beater then

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=55198.0

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
the dual cases are gone. i have a single case now but its not installed and i have the TG twin stick that im going to put in it.

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 1,968
  • Member since Oct '07
  • BORN TO WHEEL, FORCED TO WORK...
    • View Profile
 :rivers:that sucks your getting rid of it!
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com
www.myspace.com/choptechfab

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39494.0

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
:rivers:that sucks your getting rid of it!

its not gone yet so ill just cross my  :crossed: and hope the wife stops  :tantrum:

591fab

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
my old lady is doing the same thing she talked me into selling mine. I was under the impression that by selling id get to use the funds to build another but she thinks selling mine would put a nice down payment on a new car for her I just said  :shake_head: and now im keeping it forever and ever and ever to the grave.

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
my old lady is doing the same thing she talked me into selling mine. I was under the impression that by selling id get to use the funds to build another but she thinks selling mine would put a nice down payment on a new car for her I just said  :shake_head: and now im keeping it forever and ever and ever to the grave.

thats basically what happened. i sold some parts to buy :pokinit: i needed for this build, when she saw the cash i had she threw a fit because i was going to use it to buy parts and not spend it on her

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
there all the same

never let them know about how much it costs or what they sold for

AaronB [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
there all the same

never let them know about how much it costs or what they sold for

exactly!!! wont make that mistake again!