Author Topic: Favorite Camping Recipes & Meal Ideas  (Read 34901 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Camping Recipes & Meal Ideas
« Reply #210 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:08:35 PM »
STOP STOP!  I don't know when to stop eating, I'm gonna poop  :toilet:
fixed it for ya! :biggthumpup:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:23:12 AM »

:rofl:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: Jan 30, 2007, 12:40:56 PM »
I just woke up and am hungry. Anybody got anything I can make for breakfast/dinner in less than 10 minutes with minimal effort and minimal skill  :D
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »

poptarts  :yesnod:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:18:22 PM »
or for a yummy breakfast

eggs and anything else you can find in the fridge. I usually mix up some taters, onions, if I have any shrooms, whatever meat I might have on hand. Cook up everything but the eggs till it's done, throw in the eggs and scramble cook till they're done. And throw some cheese on top if you've got it.

Where is the Mammoth?

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:21:55 PM »
or for a yummy breakfast

eggs and anything else you can find in the fridge. I usually mix up some taters, onions, if I have any shrooms, whatever meat I might have on hand. Cook up everything but the eggs till it's done, throw in the eggs and scramble cook till they're done. And throw some cheese on top if you've got it.

A little late but a good suggestion! Damn near what I ate in fact. I started to scramble some eggs with some ham then I realized I wanted a hamburger instead, so I thew one of those of the old George Foreman. And I threw a bagel in the toaster. Hamburger, Eggs and a bagel. I was really hungry so it was good.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: Feb 11, 2007, 03:28:12 PM »
Grecian Pork Roast

INGREDIENTS
1-2 cups fresh lime juice (test marinade for desired tartness)
1 cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic, sliced
2-3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup dried oregano
2-3/4 pork roast

DIRECTIONS:

Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and oregano in a large resealable plastic bag. Shake sealed bag until ingredients are well mixed.

Taste the marinade for tartness. If too tart, add a little more oil. Not enough zing, add more lime.

The garlic and salt flavors should also be up front, yet not overpowering.

Place pork in the bag, seal, and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator preferrably overnight or at least for a few hours.

The roast can be grilled, roasted for about 20 min/lb or put on a rotesserie (my favorite cooking method) - check directions of rotesserie for cooking time.

Enjoy!

Where is the Mammoth?

MT4Runner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 108
  • Member since Nov '06
  • FToy 086
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Feb 11, 2007, 07:46:26 PM »
Here's a really good recipe I got off the side of a box of Duncan Hines yellow cake mix:

Pecan Toffee Bars

1 package yellow cake
1 egg

Mix together and bake 6-7 minutes

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg

Mix together and pour over cake.  Sprinkle on toffee chips and pecans.  Bake 18 minutes.

I hate pecans, so I leave them out---it's way yummy!!!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Mar 04, 2007, 05:22:16 PM »
Here's an easy salad to make.... i know salads are gay but trust me your girl will be impressed....

Field greens with grilled figs and baked goat cheese

Dressing = 3 parts salad oil, 1 part basalmic vinegar
I like to add a little dijon mustard, honey and cracked pepper and salt

Prep salad
-Cut apples (u can use some lemon water to prevent turning)
-toast or grill some figs
-toast some almonds
-cut slices of goat cheese log and coat in bread crumbs (bake at 350 until done)

Assemble salad
-you'll need a bag of field green mix, toss lightly with a couple tablespoons of dressing....coat evenly but do not use too much

-slice figs and arrange on plate with apples and goat cheese........sprinkle some toasted almonds on top and voila! guaranteed action :bumpinbutts: u can thank me later lol

RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Mar 04, 2007, 06:15:48 PM »
grilled figs and baked goat cheese! You are kidding right  :ha_ha:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Jun 08, 2007, 05:22:42 PM »
This is a traditional Indian dish that is quite easy to prepare and very tasty...Im not a big califlower guy but am a firm believer in the idea that ANYTHING deep fried is good!

GOBHI PAKODE
(califlower fritters)

Ingredients:

2 hd califlower, trimmed florets

Batter =
2 cups  chickpea flour or all purpose flour
2 tbs ground coriander
½ tea black pepper
1/4 tea cayenne
2 tsp salt
2 tbs oil
1 ½ cup water

Method:

Parboil califlower until half cooked and shock in ice bath. Set aside until ready to fry.
Place flour and spices in a food processor and pulse to mix well adding oil.
With processor running, add water until well mixed batter is correct consistency
Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
Heat fryer to 375. Coat califlower with batter and fry until golden.
Drain on paper towels and serve.
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Jun 08, 2007, 09:46:49 PM »
This is a tough one, so pay attention!

1 steak - seasoned to taste
1 barbecue

Start grill and throw on steak, flip when you want to.  Remove when cooked to your specs.  Eat and relish how good such a simple meal can be!

Please note that the meal can be made a little better by drinking the beer of your choice, if you so desire.  Arrogent b*std or new castle help for me :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Jun 09, 2007, 05:18:25 AM »
 Hey, what happened to Eazy, anyway. he started this and we haven't heard from him in a while.
Oh, and to stay ON TOPIC...

Um, take two piece of bread, butter one side of each, preheat frying pan, put one slice of bread, butter side down, in pan, a couple slice of american cheese, a couple slice of cooked bacon, a slice of tomato, another slice of cheese, but the other piece of bread, butter side out, on top.
Grill on one side till lightly browned, flip and grill on the other side.

Done.

Where is the Mammoth?

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #223 on: Jun 09, 2007, 06:37:37 AM »
Hey, what happened to Eazy, anyway. he started this and we haven't heard from him in a while.
Oh, and to stay ON TOPIC...

Um, take two piece of bread, butter one side of each, preheat frying pan, put one slice of bread, butter side down, in pan, a couple slice of american cheese, a couple slice of cooked bacon, a slice of tomato, another slice of cheese, but the other piece of bread, butter side out, on top.
Grill on one side till lightly browned, flip and grill on the other side.

Done.

:funny:

I got a great one and not many people believe it :disturbed:

One of these

A 5 lb whole raw chicken

Seasoned to taste

Half an onion stuffed up its :moon:

Place chicken in said dish, cover, place in microwave for 30 minutes and voila ya got a meal :gap:

I didn't believe it till I saw it, and it tastes GREAT!!! :yumyum:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

mudguts [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Jun 09, 2007, 06:57:23 AM »
Did someone mention Spam?

Slice spam into 1/4 " steaks
sear to a dark golden brown
heat pan with 1/4 cube of butter and drop in seasoned asparagus, fry until just limp.
mash boiled potatos

and serve with a chilled mug of your favorite grog  :beer:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: Oct 19, 2007, 04:10:49 PM »
some recipes for the trail....

here is some recipies from a book called "manifold destiny"
Cruise-Control Pork Tenderloin - Cooking distance: 250 miles
I like this one because it's soft and tender, and is a great treat for the end of a long journey

Ingredients:
1 large pork tenderloin, butterflied
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp dry white wine
1/2 cup red onion, minced
2 tsp rosemary (fresh), crushed
Salt & pepper

Blend together all of the ingredients (except the pork) and spread across the inside of the pork tenderloin. Close up the pork, triple-wrap in foil and place on a medium-hot part of the engine. Turn once (125 miles) during cooking.

Any-city Chicken Wings (sweet) - Cooking distance: 140-200 miles
Is there a better snack food than buffalo chicken wings? I can't think of one, personally. So imagine my delight when I discovered a car-engine recipe. Feel free to swap out ingredients according to how hot/spicy/tangy you like your wings. This is my take on the recipe (the optional ingredients).

Ingredients:
18 chicken wings
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tbsp molasses (optional)
1 cup red wine vinegar
1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
4-6 minced jalapenos
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp honey (optional)
1 tbsp oregano
1 tsp brown sugar (optional)
Pinch of salt
Fresh black pepper (optional)
Splash of Tabasco Chipotle sauce (optional)
Splash of Worcestershire sauce (optional)

Blend together all of the ingredients (except wings) and pour over chicken wings. Cover tightly in the fridge for at least 24 hours. Drain wings (save the marinade) and divide into three foil packages. Brush with marinade, then triple-wrap each package tightly and place on medium-hot part of the engine. I like my chicken well done so I do the 200 miles, or around 3 1/2 hours.

Good & simple Cajun Shrimp/Crayfish - Cooking distance: 35 miles
I love shrimp, and this is a quick journey. For most, it's an average morning's commute. What a way to start the day...Cajun Shrimp for breakfast.

Ingredients:
1 pound large shrimp or crayfish tails, in shells.
6 small green hot peppers
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Butter or spread
Salt & pepper

Remove seeds from peppers (ouch, they are hot) and mince with the onion and garlic. Butter your foil, add the shrimp and cover with your spicy mixture. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper, then triple-wrap and place in a medium part of the engine. Delicious, seasoned, spicy shrimp or crayfish await.

Eggs On Cheese Pie - Cooking distance: 55 miles
Another good breakfast food, or anytime food. Legend has it that the recipe (minus the cooking method) originated in medieval monasteries. A holy treat.

Ingredients:
Breadcrumbs (Italian or fresh homemade)
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, cubed
6 eggs (free range folks....be good)
Diced Canadian bacon (optional)
6 empty tuna-fish cans for cooking
Pinch of cayenne and paprika (optional)
Butter or spread.
Salt & pepper.

Wash 6 empty tuna cans and butter the insides. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs into each can and shake to cover the base evenly. Dump out excess. Now cover with mozzarella (and bacon if desired) then crack an egg on top of each, add seasonings and spices on top, then cover with mozzarella. Wrap cans tightly in foil, place on a hot part of the engine with good contact for the base of each can, and after 55 miles they should be good. If not, keep driving till the cheese has melted.

Pat's Provolone Porsche Potatoes - Cooking distance: 55 miles
Good for vegetarians and a great side dish, this is simple, tasty car engine cooking.

Ingredients:
1/2 pound new potatoes
1 cup milk
1 cup water
2 ounces grated aged provolone (or my favorite, aged cheddar)
Butter
Salt & pepper

Peel and slice potatoes to 1.4 inch thick. Place in a saucepan with the milk and water and simmer 10 mins. Drain, then spread onto heavily buttered foil. Sprinkle with your cheese (or cheeses, experiment with flavors) and seasonings. Sprinkle with butter, triple-wrap and place around medium-hot parts of the engine. Delicious.
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: Oct 19, 2007, 04:17:32 PM »
here is some recipies from a book called "manifold destiny"

I swear, sometimes I'm as thick as a brick...I read that like 8 times trying to figure out why a book on Manifest Destiny would have recipes.  :outtahere:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: Oct 19, 2007, 10:47:16 PM »
I swear, sometimes I'm as thick as a brick...I read that like 8 times trying to figure out why a book on Manifest Destiny would have recipes.  :outtahere:

:haha:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: Oct 20, 2007, 12:30:51 PM »
This is one of my favorite foods from the year I spent in Iceland.  It's a very hearty soup, simple but delicious, great for a cold or rainy day.  This is a recipe I found online and the comments below are that of the writer, not mine, and there was usually also cabbage in the soup when I had it...

3 lb Lamb shoulder on the bone cut in large pieces
1/2 x Onion sliced
6 cup water
2 tbl dried mixed vegetables and herbs
salt to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
1 lb rutabaga cut into 1/2" dice
1/2 lb small potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/2" dice
1/2 lb carrots peeled, and cut into 1/2" dice

Directions:
Traditionally, fatty meat is used but many now prefer to remove most of the fat. Place the meat and Onion in a large pan and pour cold water over it. Heat to boiling point, let boil rapidly for a few minutes, then skim. Add dried vegetables and some salt and pepper and simmer for around 40 minutes. Add rutabagas, potatoes and carrots and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes more, or until all the vegetables are tender. Season to taste. The meat is either served in the soup or removed and served on a separate plate, but it is always eaten with the soup. Some cut it up small, then add it back to the soup, others would eat it from a separate plate. Serve hot to 6 to 8 people as a substantial meal.

Other versions of the soup may add or substitute other vegetables, like cabbage, kale or turnips, and a fistful of Oats or rice was sometimes added to thicken it somewhat, but this is the version I like best; simple, clear and thin but tasty. I also like the pure version, but tried the one with oatmeal too. It's excellent - very "stick to your ribs." It's also good the next day - and easy to pick the solid fat off after refrigeration.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: Oct 20, 2007, 01:30:37 PM »
When I saw iceland I was expecting to see a recipe for horse :yikes:
RIP KYOTA

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: Oct 20, 2007, 03:10:14 PM »
When I saw iceland I was expecting to see a recipe for horse :yikes:

Naww, I didn't want to stir up any hornet's nests.  But between you and me, it's good eatin' just the same.  Not as good as hangikjöt (smoked leg of lamb, one of the best Christmas dinners you could ever eat), but pretty good nonetheless!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: Jan 04, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »
Poblano Shrimp and Corn Chowder

This is a good one for camping trips...you can just heat it up on the stove and eat it....It does require some preparation though.  VERY FILLING AND WARM FOR COLD CAMPING/WHEELING DAYS

Ingredients
-½ cup chopped onion
-3 celery stalks, chopped
-2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
-1 fresh poblano pepper, seeded and diced
-1 quart heavy cream
-1 quart half and half
-1/4 cup white sugar
-1 tablespoon lobster base (optional)
-1 pinch cayenne pepper
-1 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
-½ cup butter, unsalted
-½ cup flour, all-purpose
-1 (15oz.) can creamed corn
-1 (15oz.) can whole corn kernels
-½ lb shrimp, veined, peeled and diced
-salt and pepper to taste

1. In a blender or food processor, puree the onion and celery.

2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and celery puree and the diced poblano pepper. Stirring constantly, cook about 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in heavy cream, half-and-half, and sugar. Season with the cayenne pepper and black pepper. Stir OFTEN (if you dont, the cream will BURN). Bring to a gentle boil.

3. Melt ½ cup butter in another medium saucepan over medium heat. What you are making here is a "blond" roux, a combination of flour and fat. Mix in the flour and stir constantly until thickened and a nice blond color. You are supposed to be stirring TWO things right now! try to keep up with me here.....  Remove roux from heat and stir into the other mixture. Cook and stir until the mixture is well blended and thickened.

4. Mix the cream style corn and whole kernel corn into the mixture. Wait a few minutes until the mixture is hot again. Stir in the shrimp. Cook for a few minutes until shrimp is done (opaque). Season the mixture with salt and pepper before serving.

DTB notes: this chowder gets better with age. Make it a couple days ahead for best flavor. It might seem sweet the first day. This mellows out after a day or so when the flavors meld. enjoy!
RIP KYOTA

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: Jan 04, 2008, 08:12:04 PM »
Poblano Shrimp and Corn Chowder

This is a good one for camping trips...you can just heat it up on the stove and eat it....It does require some preparation though.  VERY FILLING AND WARM FOR COLD CAMPING/WHEELING DAYS

Ingredients
-½ cup chopped onion
-3 celery stalks, chopped
-2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
-1 fresh poblano pepper, seeded and diced
-1 quart heavy cream
-1 quart half and half
-1/4 cup white sugar
-1 tablespoon lobster base (optional)
-1 pinch cayenne pepper
-1 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
-½ cup butter, unsalted
-½ cup flour, all-purpose
-1 (15oz.) can creamed corn
-1 (15oz.) can whole corn kernels
-½ lb shrimp, veined, peeled and diced
-salt and pepper to taste

1. In a blender or food processor, puree the onion and celery.

2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and celery puree and the diced poblano pepper. Stirring constantly, cook about 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in heavy cream, half-and-half, and sugar. Season with the cayenne pepper and black pepper. Stir OFTEN (if you dont, the cream will BURN). Bring to a gentle boil.

3. Melt ½ cup butter in another medium saucepan over medium heat. What you are making here is a "blond" roux, a combination of flour and fat. Mix in the flour and stir constantly until thickened and a nice blond color. You are supposed to be stirring TWO things right now! try to keep up with me here.....  Remove roux from heat and stir into the other mixture. Cook and stir until the mixture is well blended and thickened.

4. Mix the cream style corn and whole kernel corn into the mixture. Wait a few minutes until the mixture is hot again. Stir in the shrimp. Cook for a few minutes until shrimp is done (opaque). Season the mixture with salt and pepper before serving.

DTB notes: this chowder gets better with age. Make it a couple days ahead for best flavor. It might seem sweet the first day. This mellows out after a day or so when the flavors meld. enjoy!
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:22:20 PM »
Pork chop, george forman style!  I knew I was gonna get stuck on a boat for several hours today so I grabbed the one I had wrapped in foil for lunch and stuck it in the pocket of my rain gear :_oops:  When the topic of food came up I mentioned "I have a pork chop in my pocket!" and it made me and my coworkers chuckle every time.  Tasted just as good after being in my pocket all day :gap:
RIP KYOTA

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: Jan 04, 2008, 09:38:02 PM »
 :spit: :funny:

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #235 on: Jan 04, 2008, 10:55:53 PM »
wow...I forgot about this thread...

I'm gonna have to go with the "true" camping/wheeling food here.

step one: poke hole in lid (or remove completely) on can of chili.
step two: place on/near fire.
step C: ddrink beer until chili achieves desired temperature.
#4: eat chili direct from can, using beer to cool mouth frequently.
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2008, 11:04:34 PM by Duffil »

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: Jan 05, 2008, 10:28:35 PM »
I forgot about this too!  I had my first manifold burritos, and aside from being cheap burritos they weren't bad.  I actually got locked behind a gate and luckily had 1 left over that I ended up cooking for dinner!  In the future I wouldn't start with frozen burritos though, took too long to cook.  I like the chicken strip idea too.
RIP KYOTA

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Feb 15, 2008, 09:46:29 PM »
Tuna helper without the tuna, but replaced with 2 lbs of hamburger

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Feb 15, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »
Why wouldn't you just get hamburger helper then :screwy:
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Feb 16, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »
no spam isn't like potted meat. i guess it's a southern thing.
ya'll would'nt understand. and spam is a good thing.
cooked crispy with mustard on crackers.
that and a can of blackeyed peas with cornbread.
you've got a good meal.
o yea yuns got to have sweet tea to go with that.

Spam is definitely NOT potted meat.

Potted meat...don't really have any history on it or anything, but it's processed into a consistency like Underwood Deviled Ham and comes in the small cans. It's just a meat(-ish) spread. You could say it is Southern pate. Libby, Hormel and many local companies make it...you said "It must be a Southern thing", BINGO. Kind of like pickled pig's feet, pickled okri, grits and sweet tea.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)