Poll

poll

have
1 (100%)
have not
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: Apr 03, 2010, 12:30:36 PM

Author Topic: KDXSR5s Wyo DD Build: Starting To Come Together.............SLOWLY  (Read 136773 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Well guys, I am now having serious debates on what I should do. I need to get the new high steer on for safety sake. I also want to get these new springs on. Those are both good and all, but there is a problem. I will have to get a new driveshaft made to work with the moved axle and the long travel springs. No, I will not use some hokey ass square shaft because I have to use 4WD almost full time in winter. SO....

I am thinking about picking up a doubler from Marlin. They are $350-$400 and I already have a could spare tranfercases sitting in storage. Downside is I will then also need a new rear shaft, although I might be able to put some stuff together from shafts I have laying around that will work with the doubler.

Another issue I have come to realize is my flat pitman arm may no longer be necessary with these kick ass new springs. I will have to see once I actually get everything mocked up on the truck.

I think I know what I am going to do with the rear for now. The setup I have now works great for what my truck is used for. I plan on linking the rear in the future, so I don't want to sink a bunch of money into the rear suspension right now. So I think I will either build drop hangers for the springs or just run some 2"-4" blocks depending on how high my front sits with these AWESOME NEW SPRINGS!!!!!

We will see what happens. I have no time to do anything right now between my amazing girlfriend, school, and work. I work 20 hours a week and I am doing 22 credit hours at the college. My ass is getting kicked. Hopefully I will have the garage ready come summer so I can get this thing done when I am not out on the oil rigs.

Chevys or F150s will net you a couple inches in the rear and are practically free from junkyards. Otherwise the blocks are probably the best option temporarily, its a bit of work to do the drop spring hangers and then down the road you are somewhat stuck with them unless you hack them off again.

They let you take that many units? Crazy, I am limited to 18 units.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting