Author Topic: $300  (Read 262755 times)

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: $300
« Reply #1290 on: Sep 26, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »
So they are searching for the stock atlas shifter so I can junk my quicky crap I stabbed together in the name of playing with my t case. :laughing:  And I rebuilt the rear driveline.  I had fawked it up pretty good and make it crooked as a congressman.

The new one all together is 27 lbs of bad ass hillbilliness if I ever saw it. :talkingn:

Starts with a standard 1310 slip and spline at the t case. The male spline has the remnants of the rodeo front driveline welded over it. Believe it or don't but that rodeo driveline is 1 5/8" DOM with a 3/16" wall thickness.  :o

The main tube is 2x .180" DOM down to a piece of 1 5/8x .134" HREW. The 14 bolt has a 1350 yoke on it so I cut up a dana 50 TTB inner shaft that just so happens to be 1350 and have a .135" OD so it was a tap in fit for the rear of the driveline. It's all straight as fat as I can tell, it all had to be massaged into place and I rolled it repeatedly while setting it up and welding to make sure it was still straight. It' shouldn't break that's for sure. :greengrin:

Oh yea and I'm finally getting around to installing my 1/4" plate rear diff cover. :gap:

EDIT:  Oh yea and I finally got off my ass and wired in the RAdesigns.com shift controller.  Fawking bitchin!  Thanks Rory! :greengrin:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??