Author Topic: [Project Reeda]yup. engines out  (Read 57692 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: [Project Reeda]windshield soon?
« Reply #510 on: Jul 27, 2008, 12:42:52 PM »
wheel smart, and you're stuff will last.  You can still go big and wheel smart.  Some people think that as soon as you start doing crazy stuff, you're going to break stuff, but thats not true.  If you think about what you're doing, follow the basic rules (esp. with IFS) and choose your lines wisely, you'll do fine.  Almost everytime I've broken stuff, its been because I did something I knew I shouldn't, and something popped.  Stuff has been breaking more in recent wheeling trips, but I believe that simply has to do with the age of the components, and the stress that has been put on them since I've owned  the truck.  I originally had 37"s on mine, and would have had no problem getting them again, but I couldn't afford them at the time, so I dropped down to 35"s.  I've broken more stuff on 35"s than I did on 37"s. :gap:

Besides, in this sport, you're probably going to break something eventually, thats the nature of the beast.  Murphy rides with us all the time, and its only a matter of time before he wakes up. 

If he hasn't broke it, then he must not be wheeling it very hard. My friend on 30s has broken 2 axle shafts and bent steering components on his 92 toy, and thats with what most would probably consider milder wheeling, AKA no rocks.

I'm betting he's jumped it a few times, huh? 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent