Author Topic: [Project Reeda]yup. engines out  (Read 57610 times)

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
And make sure you STRAP IT DOWN!!  It'd really suck to have a 50lb tire and wheel combo flying around if you get in an accident, or even start spinning on an icy road.  The results are not pretty, trust me!

How 'bout you get moving on fixing the engine first? Replacing it, whatever you're going to do.  You can have the sickest rig ever, but if it doesn't run, its not gonna do you much good :thumbs:
fix the engine problem :)
I TOTALLY AGREE! that is a very good idea, there are two d-rings next to each wheel well in back.... run a strap across the spare.

-----

Yeah i know what you mean, my white truck was a great example for that. get on fixing that engine... do some headwork and call it good. i can almost bet thats all it needs and youll have a great truck.
if i carry the spare inside ill run straps across it in an X pattern. its just nice to have the interior room, and right now the rear tailgate and window dont open becuase the motor is bad. :dunno: whenever i can find a new motor i should be good to go.

yea, im fixing the engine. im doing a bunch of free stuff now.

x2....if you remove the front and rear bumpers it will dramatically increase your departure and approach angles....plus less chance of pushing the bumpers into the body on the trail...
ive got some ideas... :idea: they dont look as clean on a 4runner, but i think itll be alright..well see.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS