Author Topic: Finally, SAS'ed the Migo... and she sits.....  (Read 304171 times)

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
Re: Finally, SAS'ing the Migo
« Reply #270 on: Feb 28, 2006, 12:57:11 PM »
rEdnECkwHeE1eR - I agree with you that it doesn't do a lot for steering geometry but it can help a little. In my case I have gone with SUA for front D44 and no flat knuckles as it will not work with my setup clearancewise. Long story short, I have had a lot of bumpsteer just by hitting potholes and what not, me and my bud decided to put a slight bend into draglink and make it more parallel with tierod as we could, not optimal but this is what we worked with. It does help, it will not cure bumpsteer alltogether but it doesn't feel as darty as it did before. Just my $0.02. One of these days I will get around to post some pics of my suspension setup, track bar and some other goods that are on there.

No it does NOTHING with geometry WHAT SO EVER  all it does   is level out the rod ends  regaurdless of the shape of the drag link  .. for all i care it could be in a damn circle  it still does NOTHING for geometry    from the pitman arm to the steering knuckle it is still a straight line PERRIOD.  the point of the  bends are so you dont max out the rod ends or have to clear springs NOTHING ELSE. The reason you have bumpsteer is because you have a T style steering setup insted of going directly to the arm when you steer EVERYTHING rotates. There is a ton of slop in that setup  THAT is where your bumpsteer comes from.  Probably the only thing you gained was  you evened out your rod end a little bit and it took up some of the slop.

Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !