Author Topic: How many religions...(Discussion Moved to Christ Thread)  (Read 76644 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
:yikes: hang on :heavy:

ok got it. 

As far as I am concerned, I still believe that I can worship God on any day of the week (yes we shoud worship him everyday) for example, My career choice is firefighter.  I am not one yet, but when I become one, I will have to work on Sat. and Sun.  should I not worship, and set aside time for God on one of my days off?  and make that my "sabbath"  so that I can fulfill my duty, and privlege in honoring my God??  But I will tell you one thing, if it cmes down to it, and it is made illegal to worship on Saturday, you'll find that I will start worshipping on Sat.  Out of respect for SDA beleifs? probably not.  Out of protest that I've been told I cant do something for no good reason? most likely.  So, does that still condemn me? that I would wait until that time?  Ifc that soundsw disrespectful its not intended to. :beerchug:

BD,  The problem with this is that you would be doing the right thing for the wrong reason.  We are saved by Grace along, but faith without works is dead.  It is possible to do the "right" things, but if we are not doing them for, or because of our relationship with, God it doesn't matter.  Take the Pharasies (Spell?) in the Bible for example, they took great pride in their works, but Jesus refered to them as vipers.  They were following the currently understood right things, but for the wrong reason.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved