Author Topic: SqWADoosh's 85 Runner Build Thread  (Read 324430 times)

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
Re: SqWADoosh's 85 Runner Build Thread
« Reply #450 on: Aug 14, 2015, 07:09:59 AM »
So its been a while since I've posted an update. Reason being is that I have been busy with moving. The good news is that I finally have a garage!  :willynilly:  :bowdown: :clap: :clap2: :thumbs: :biggthumpup: :smokin: :D :yesnod:

I of course am just starting to outfit it. I started by having the father in law bring over some saws and other tools so we could build a work bench. I had a perfect little L-nook in mind that measured 90"x"96. So we knocked out a work bench with corresponding shelving. Now I have a place to put all my :pokinit: and further more a place to actually get some work done.

I have also been getting all my ducks in a row to finally get my duals in as you probably already figured out by zippo's post above (thanks buddy  :beerchug:) The few things I've had to get done before we could get them in included having my exhaust re-routed, get a cross member, and have enough money to pay for drive lines. So I went down to my exhaust guy yesterday and had him re-route my exhaust up under my bell housing of my transmission. It was then that I realized that my going with high pinion has one major down side. I now have to hope that my drive line doesn't hit my exhaust upon articulating.

I also got my sky's manufacturing cross member and got it painted. For some reason the painted picture didn't save but its semi-gloss black like everything else so you can use your imagination.

I also finally found a local parts store that had the correct size tubing for my e-locker motor breathers. I ran those up to the top and spliced them into my line from my diffs. Turned out pretty well.

I got some wheeling in as well. I took my club to Naches for a 4 day weekend and had a blast. Also zippo and I tagged along with another local club known as the Timber Tamers to Walker Valley for a day run.

The flop on Funny Rocks could have been a lot worse and thankfully I have the armor that I do which took the brunt of it. In fact I would have made it out without any body damage if it weren't for the first recovery attempt where they attempted to pull me straight out which caused this:

It hurts to look at however it is part of the game. My thought process is that I will be trimming fenders to go to 37s eventually anyways.