Author Topic: The Official 3RZ Knowledge and Database Thread  (Read 916906 times)

m44offroad

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 94
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • 1987 4Runner build

I inquired about the Chilkat oil pan, when I initially had some problems with this pan sealing. For me the price was just too much, but fabrication work and quality tig welding is not cheap. Well luck would have it I emailed them and they said they were not going to make them any longer, and they would remove them from the website.

How many quarts of oil is the Chilkat oil pan?

I only ask because my pan and oil filter with 6 quarts puts the oil in the middle of the crosshatching on the stick, so mine is roughly 6.5 quarts.
So I am still dealing with the oil pan woes, but I will get them worked out. I work on Fords mostly all day long, so working on the Yota an fabricating things is a fun time.

I'm sitting about 5.5 quarts, when I started this swap I did not trust my welding especially on something that has to hold fluid. I may still go through and redo the oil pan and toss the modified pan with the modified mounts and chalk it up to a learning experience, but that all depends on how many clearance issues still exist once I get the seals and shafts swapped over to the 4.88 diff, gotta love how projects snowball. I have been with Toyota for the last 10 years, the last 5 as a master diagnostic tech so even tough  it is still the same brand its not even close to what I do at work. what started in 2008 as a $600 dollar tow it out of a field, fix it and sell it (at least that's the excuse I used with my parents whose house it was stored at) turned into a black hole where money disappears and receipts will never be added up :shudder:

N6dlh, do you have any lift on your rig? Is there any reason the t100 pan won't work? I ask because I'm getting all the parts together for my swap and was planning on running the t100 pan but I have a 4 inch lift with the ifs. I have not heard a definite that it would work but  assumed it would. I was planning to get the engine in and running right before I started the SAS.

4 inch diff drop should clear the unmodified t100 oil pan depending on engine mounts, with my mounts the original unmodified pan would probably clear with the diff dropped 2-3 inches and the only lift I am running is a 2 inch OME suspension lift