Author Topic: I need help!!! Weird a acceleration problems??????  (Read 1923 times)

93REDCRAWLER

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 110
  • Male Posts: 563
  • Member since Nov '10
  • You see it we wheel it
    • View Profile
I need help!!! Weird a acceleration problems??????
« on: Jan 21, 2015, 11:14:24 PM »
So my problem. I have been out of the country for two years. My truck was in storage and my father drove it every few months to keep it going.now I've been driving it for about a month.  a few quick specs are it's a 93 Toyota pick upmanual  with 32  1150 tires. When I am driving second third fourth and fifth gears the rpm's shoot up really high at the beginning of each shift. Then they soon bog down accelerating normally.or even more slower than normal. The truck feels like it has some power when the RPMs shoot up but Boggs  down when they drop. This all happens very quickly. Any ideas of what the problem could be. I really need some help on this one. If you need anymore information please let me know. Thanks in advance

zippo

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 550
  • Male Posts: 1,556
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
    • oppiz.net
What motor? 22r 22re 3zv?  Check you vacuum lines, tps sensor and clean the throttle body for starters.
If you see it, its for sale.

93REDCRAWLER [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '10
  • You see it we wheel it
    • View Profile
22re

OVRAROK

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26739
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Check for vacuum leak, I would check rubber intake elbow near throttle body for crack, also change the fuel filter, check to make sure tps, and afm are in spec
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

cosmiccat

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 18
  • Member since Jun '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Check your valve lash, too man I had a sudden loss of power and it was due to my cam being ground down. Just my   :twocents:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Have you gotten all the old gas out of the system?  You say you have been out for awhile, and your dad drove the truck periodically.  The question is, have you gotten ALL the old gas out?  The new gas of today, doesn't like to be sitting for a while. 

I would run the tank empty, drain anything left in the tank.  Fill with fresh gas.  Change out the fuel filter.  And run some injector cleaner through.  And see what that does.  Because the new ethanol gas, draws alot of water.  And seems to varnish up easier on rigs sitting. 

This is where I would start.
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

93REDCRAWLER [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '10
  • You see it we wheel it
    • View Profile
I have actually run A couple of tanks of gas through the engine. I'm planning on changing the fuel filter tomorrow. It could it possibly be a slipping clutch?I took it to a mechanic and he said the clutch is slipping and that the same thing happened in his Toyota not too long ago.

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
After you shift gears, don't give it gas right away.    Give it about 5 seconds to give the clutch time to fully engage.

The self adjusting slave cylinders are sometimes sticky,  and will disengage slowly, thus the clutch slips.

The 5 seconds should be enough time for the clutch to fully engage.
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

93REDCRAWLER [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '10
  • You see it we wheel it
    • View Profile
This weekend I changed the clutch as the main project. That got rid of the weird rpm problem I also ran a full service of the truck and now my baby is running great. Thanks for the help guys