Author Topic: Get Better Glen Thread! (some skin shown)  (Read 942190 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Get Better Glen Thread! (some skin shown)
« Reply #3870 on: May 20, 2008, 05:56:29 PM »
On the other hand.. it sounds like a lawsuit against the hospital or someone.. I can't believe you dont have a good lawsuit going already with all the loss of mobilitiy you have.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3871 on: May 20, 2008, 05:57:57 PM »
Why didn't you ask your dr. to put it in laymens terms?

he said i needed to see a neurologist, i think that was code for he didnt have a clue what those big words meant :wall:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: May 20, 2008, 05:58:26 PM »
:blah: :blah:

i went back and looked and something got messed up, because there is no  at the end... so idk what happened there... but i did my thing legit

:beerchug:

You do know you can put your own [/quote] at the end whether it is there or not don't  you?

:shake:

But glad you liked my post just the same. I'm just trying to do my job for Glen :disturbed:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: May 20, 2008, 05:59:43 PM »
lawsuit this lawsuit that

why does everything always end in a lawsuit... its like the special olympics (you fill in the rest)

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: May 20, 2008, 06:05:19 PM »

why does everything always end in a lawsuit... its like the special olympics (you fill in the rest)
normally i agree  but in this case the ER  was grossly  at fault,  i had went thru the windshield  and had  glass embedded in my head but they never looked  at it  other than to say the bleeding had stopped,

and 2 days later i couldnt remember how to spell my name, 

a local  guy  i know indirectly  fell over a childs toy and hit his head on the sidewalk,  the ER here told him  to stop "acting up"  or he would have to leave,  he was having seizures.

a hour later his wife  got him to the University hospital 70 miles away  and they rushed him into emergency brain surgery

a lawsuit can only help  in this case  :down:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: May 20, 2008, 06:07:44 PM »
I am the last person to want someone to sue, especially for no reason.
I hate our litigious society.
Last year I was walking down the sidewalk next to a new building that was being built by our office and there was a piece of sidewalk that was way offset and there was no railing or warning tape, I tripped off it and landed really hard on my knee.
I went flat down on the ground and it was all I could do to walk back to my office.
I couldn't even kneel on my knee for weeks and it was swollen for longer than that.

Everyone I told about it said I should sue ... I would not do that.

But what happened with Glen is different. There is definetate negligence here on all counts. From day one.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: May 20, 2008, 06:13:50 PM »
The fact that he has had to have a lot of the cost of this come out of his pocket in the first place is terribly wrong, and why I keep questioning how good a lawyer he has.
That just doesn't  even sound right.

Where is the Mammoth?

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: May 20, 2008, 08:26:16 PM »

I agree...up to a point. The reason they call some lawsuits frivolous is, well that's obvious. When real harm has been done either through intent or callous disregard...then a lawsuits called for. They are messing with, or more correctly...neglecting, his noggin. This isn't 60 million bucks for a pair of misplace pantalones.

normally i agree  but in this case the ER  was grossly  at fault,  i had went thru the windshield  and had  glass embedded in my head but they never looked  at it  other than to say the bleeding had stopped,

and 2 days later i couldnt remember how to spell my name, 

a local  guy  i know indirectly  fell over a childs toy and hit his head on the sidewalk,  the ER here told him  to stop "acting up"  or he would have to leave,  he was having seizures.

a hour later his wife  got him to the University hospital 70 miles away  and they rushed him into emergency brain surgery

a lawsuit can only help  in this case  :down:

I'm really glad you have someone, besides us, in your corner. Take care of yourself bubba. :yesnod:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 08:32:02 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3878 on: May 20, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »
Pics for Glen:

I saved the best for last:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: May 20, 2008, 09:02:35 PM »
Pics for Glen:

rex, we're gonna need you to have a look at this link, you musta posted it wrong or something, the continue button doesn't work  :gap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: May 20, 2008, 09:29:16 PM »
Gosh dangit! This is the stuff that probably started Glen's tenting problem... :ack:  I know I am.  :gap:

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3881 on: May 21, 2008, 04:47:12 AM »
that beavers hot !!!!!!!!!!! :love:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Tallchevy

• Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: May 21, 2008, 01:05:43 PM »
that beavers hot !!!!!!!!!!! :love:
X2
Nice beaver shot  :thumbs:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: May 21, 2008, 04:38:01 PM »

I couldn't even kneel on my knee for weeks and it was swollen for longer than that.

I bet Mark was upset too.. :angel:

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: May 21, 2008, 05:06:31 PM »

I bet Mark was upset too.. :angel:

:yikes:  :shhh:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: May 22, 2008, 09:27:07 AM »
X2
Nice beaver shot  :thumbs:

LMAO!!! That is one big hairy beaver!

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: May 22, 2008, 09:34:17 AM »
So it looks like his ailment has a name

http://www.conquerchiari.org/index.htm

OMG! This is crazy! Paging Dr. Kevorkian!

JK! I guess this means you have a lawsuit on your hands now though.

Where is the Mammoth?

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: May 22, 2008, 09:51:25 AM »
Way, way waaaay too much  :blah:

that was to far over the top man. Fits our rules, but only slightly.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 09:37:16 AM by cruzila »
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #3888 on: May 22, 2008, 09:54:20 AM »
Way, way waaaay too much  :blah:
LOL, I know that site!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: May 22, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
And a little more...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 11:16:27 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

porkchop

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 630
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: May 22, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »
wow I would by those belts if she was under them and the dirty girl on bottom just huge !
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: May 22, 2008, 04:06:27 PM »
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: May 23, 2008, 10:37:42 PM »
loss of the normal collagenous architecture of the entire anterior dura mater/tectorial membrane complex.  attenuation and tenting of the posterior dura mater/tectorial membrane complex.  constellation of features consistent with sequela of previous hyperextension/flexion/anterior translation stress at the craniovertibral junction.  Inward tenting of the posterior dura mater/tectorial membrane complex as indirect evidence of disruption of myodural tissue connection with the posterior rectus capitis minor muscle.

Hmmmmmm this one is a bit tricky, as he uses a bunch of $64 words. Let me try to translate some if possible.

1. loss of the normal collagenous architecture of the entire anterior dura mater/tectorial membrane complex.

Means that the front portion of the spinal cord has been injured, and shows changes in the tissue. There are 3 layers of tissue surrounding the brain, the Pia, Arachnid and Dura (dura is the outermost, most dense (durable) of the tissues)

2. attenuation and tenting of the posterior dura mater/tectorial membrane complex.

Tenting suggests that the tissue has been stretched, and when back in normal position, tents up, kinda like a wrinkle in a throw rug. The tissue is normally relativley tight, but is flexible enough to bend when flexing/extending and rotating the neck. When it is overstretched, the tissue becomes longer, and then when returned to normal position, it has no where to go, except to "tent" out.

3. constellation of features consistent with sequela of previous hyperextension/flexion/anterior translation stress at the craniovertibral junction.

Small group of findings which is commonly seen with these injuries. Hyperextension is when the neck is bent too far backwards (looking up at the sky), then too far forwards (looking at your toes) with the added stress of sliding forward (think of sliding a block forward on another block). It is a fairly typical "whiplash" type injury.

4. Inward tenting of the posterior dura mater/tectorial membrane complex as indirect evidence of disruption of myodural tissue connection with the posterior rectus capitis minor muscle.

He is suggesting that the tenting that was referenced before is indirect evidence that the small fiberous tissues that attach the dura mater to the very small muscles in the spine (Post. rectus capitus minor), which help hold the vertebral bodies in place, have been torn. He cannot actually see the disruption, but is citing these findings to suggest it is there.

So, what does all this mean?
Means he sees evidence of a significant whiplash, and possible instability of the cervical spine.

The "can't spell my name" part probably didn't have much to do with the neck injury, but is probably due more to the associated head injury of what is called "coup/contra-coup", which is where the brain sloshes forward (flexion), then slams into the front of the skull, then the head is whipped backwards (hyperextension), and the brain sloshes back striking the back of the skull. This will often bruise the brain, and can cause significant swelling, which is most likley what caused the confusion, and loss of memory.

This usually will resolve without significant problems, but can actually cause the brain to push down through the Foramen Magnum (big hole), which is the large hole where the spinal cord goes through. Until the swelling resolves, there can be some unusuall neurological symptoms, which can be difficult to deal with. It can be fatal if the swelling doesn't stop or go down. Depending on the severity of the bruising, it can cause anything from a passing "post-concussion syndrome" which includes dizziness, difficulty with memory, word searching etc. This usually passes within a couple of weeks, but has been seen up to a year after the injury. If the bruising is significant, and causes true tissue destruction, it can lead to permanent neurological problems. This is kind of like having a stroke, where a portion of the brain actually dies. The neurological problems can be as subtle as minimal personality changes. I don't recall as I'm writing this if you've been having other neurological issues, exept for the pain. I think I remember you saying you had an MRI of the brain. If there were any permenent damage, it would be visible by now, and should have been mentioned in the report.

Your doctor has suggested seeing a neurologist/neurosugeon, which I think would be a good idea. It's very difficult to determine how significant the findings are without actually seeing the films, and I think the neurosurgeon should be the guy/gal to look at them and determine if there is anything that needs to be done. Remember, the neurosurgeon and the radiologist may have dramatically different opinions about what is going on. The radiologist will mention just about everything that is even slightly abnormal, even if it is not clinically significant. Clinically significant means that there is something that needs to be done about what the findings are. The neurologist may tell you there is nothing wrong, and it will heal with time. S/he may tell you you need surgery. It's very difficult to say. From what I read, the only part that may require surgery is the possibility of the instability. It doesn't sound to me like the "tenting" is of clinical significance. (Disclaimer: I'm not a neurosurgeon, so they may have a much different take on the findings than I do).

i googled some of the  words  and  from what i understand  the bottom of my brain  is herniated  out the bottom of my skull
from a trauma point of view this usually is from brain swelling, the bottom of the brain can push thru a bit, but as the swelling resolves, it will go back up inside (like what I was discussing above). Occasionally there can be "tonsils" that will stick thru the hole, but it is called a chiari malformation, which is usually congenital (you were born that way). He did not specifically state anything about a chiari malformation, so I kinda doubt this is what is going on. It's usually pretty obvious on an MRI, so if it was there, I'd imagine he'd discuss it. You can certainly ask the neurosurgeon during your consult if s/he sees anything like that.

Hope that helps.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

porkchop

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 630
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: May 24, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »
germ you sound like you know what you are talking about i belive you
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: May 24, 2008, 12:16:20 PM »
and Glen did bring up in the shoutbox that the doctor said something about having a chiari.
I don't know anything more as far as that is concerned.
Hopefully Glen will be in and fill us in more.

http://www.conquerchiari.org/index.htm

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: May 24, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »
OMG  Germ i love you,  if  i had a fax number for you i would  fax  the entire report to you for your "professional opinion"

i will try and scan parts of it  and post  cause  it took me a couple hours to type all them big words :willynilly:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: May 24, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »
Glen what did the doctor say about the chiara thing?

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: May 24, 2008, 01:04:37 PM »
lets try this again

edit:   :tantrum:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: May 24, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »
Glen what did the doctor say about the chiara thing?

:snare:  trying to load a scan of the report  :wall:  brb

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: May 24, 2008, 01:47:25 PM »
well from what Germ says  its more  of the brain swelling  instead of chiari

which i assume  for my  lawsuit  would be better than chiari