Author Topic: Wenhar's Question Thread  (Read 71065 times)

kdub0013

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 622
  • Member since Apr '11
  • no mommies wey
    • View Profile
Re: Wenhar's Question Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2011, 09:08:10 PM »
How long must this thread go on  :eek:

Wenhar

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -38
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2011, 09:08:40 PM »
Good night Turtles,

Really can some one tell me what the points deal is all about,,, I think I have entertained you enough to earn that,

See ya in the morning

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2011, 09:11:44 PM »
anyone can take or give
there used to be a game on finding turtles before I was around,

go to bed you need your energy for unbrainwashing us, go go sleep almighty

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »
Good night Turtles,

Really can some one tell me what the points deal is all about,,, I think I have entertained you enough to earn that,

See ya in the morning

you could do a quick search for turtle points, that will yield your answer
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2011, 09:14:55 PM »
of his -19 i have taken 15 :rofl:
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2011, 09:15:38 PM »
wtf, he has less than me taken,,....

hold on ill fix that :thumbs:

:shhh:

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2011, 09:16:53 PM »
lol
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2011, 09:18:15 PM »
this thread is flamin hot
How long must this thread go on  :eek:
until we get bored

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2011, 09:23:20 PM »
its gonna be the longest thread with nothin but confusing :bull crap: ever on marlin

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2011, 09:23:59 PM »
its gonna be the longest thread with nothin but confusing :bull crap: ever on marlin

awesome
thanks winner!

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2011, 09:26:53 PM »

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2011, 09:28:32 PM »
wenhar-winner

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »
oic i get it now my bad :rofl:

Dingman.

• Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 10, 2011, 09:56:38 PM »
Post up the dimensions of the bushing and I will go away,

Really?

As people go find brass bushing and measuring tools.   :haha:

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 10, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »
wont work ive already posted the dimensions a while ago and he did nothing but complain about them

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 10, 2011, 09:58:45 PM »

Really?

As people go find brass bushing and measuring tools.   :haha:

hay mike what the hell you been up to?

Dingman.

• Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 10, 2011, 10:01:09 PM »
wont work ive already posted the dimensions a while ago and he did nothing but complain about them

I saw that you posted the axle dimension and the inner axle seal dimension.  Right?
He wants the Brass bushing that presses into the spindle.

Dingman.

• Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 10, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »
hay mike what the hell you been up to?

Fighting a nasty flu or something for the past week.  Started to feel okay enough to go start work again yesterday.

So i see you picked up some oil and grease....

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »
I saw that you posted the axle dimension and the inner axle seal dimension.  Right?
He wants the Brass bushing that presses into the spindle.

ya thats what he origionall wanted then he changed his story he was talkin bout his goop leaking back into the housing then changed it when i posted it ill measure the brass bushing in the morning and outter axel dia.

Dingman.

• Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2011, 10:09:15 PM »
 :thumbs:

Lets see what point he has, can i just request that it doesn't go off about propaganda and conspiracies, and please leave the "crawlers" talk to a minimum.  Thanks.

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 10, 2011, 11:10:08 PM »
Ok, I got to the point of scanning very fast through most of this BS.

This might be long and honestly sound like something that came out of Wenhar's mouth (or keyboard)

FIRST: Toyota sales propaganda; My truck says to change my oil every 12k miles I believe, while the oil salesman wants me to change it every six. Most people who buy a new vehicle, get it serviced at the dealer, so this would be profitable for Toyota to have you change your oil that often. My 2007 prius even with the higher speeds, leaner fuel ratio, and worse fuels recommended 5,000 miles between oil changes.

Second: for me, it sounds like KIRK was saying to TAKE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WILL FOLLOW THE FSM.

Third: I personally have worked on big rig trailers and trailer dolly hubs that use OIL in there wheel hubs, it actively draws heat and debris away from the bearing surface and provide fresh lubrication.

3.1 I believe CV joints do run a thinner joint

Four: I have seen a few axles that have knuckles FULL of soup with NO SIGN of grease anywhere.

4.1 I have also seen these same axle FULL of soup not leaking it out the wiper seals

I don't know what else to say, I actually tried to keep it short.

I have also seen factories do things different then the real world, like different grade bearings or rod journals using color codes from the factory, real world, we would correctly machine the part for the mass produced bearings available. So it wouldn't surprise me if from the factory these were filled with a product that may have been very popular in another country, or with a product that they were able to mass produce or that they ordered in bulk to originally fill these with. It also wouldn't surprise me if the first FSM that left the hand of Toyota technicians headed to the states contained info to fill these knuckles with grease, even if they were filled with something other then that from the factory, as grease would be what was available.

So, these live axles were produced for quite a while. I'm sure that a dealer has opened up one recently, maybe an fj80. What was inside the knuckle of an fj80 from the factory? Someone for some reason opened up a knuckle that only had a few thousand miles on it and knows what was inside that knuckle.

REGARDLESS of all this crap above.....
you need to take into consideration the following:

what is the cost and availability of this product, the usefulness of it, what benefits COULD it provide, regardless of what came in the axle.

I believe most people prefer grease. It stays put even when you pull apart your axle, when you break something it holds the broken pieces in place instead of allowing them to get into other areas and doing more damage. You can pull apart an axle, replace a part and only need to grease new parts or parts that were cleaned because of contamination. This stuff would have to be properly drained and most likely not be reused especially if a break occurred. I feel that 99% of the time I was in an axle was because of breakage, or even to mess with a diff or brakes. If I had a rig that was using a Toyota live axle to drive freeway miles with a heavy load didn't use 4wd much, and didn't use it for rock crawling (for some reason I feel like I am describing a SAS'ed chinook or dolphin that was used for an out door enthusiast to camp in)

BLAH this is too much, I wouldn't use it in something that you intentionally drive into harms way, plan on upgrading, modifying and junk like that.

Does it matter if this is what Toyota put in from the factory NO

What matters is if there would be a benefit TODAY to put this into your knuckle. Ive answered, for me it would not be a benefit.

Do I think that there is a use for this product MOST DEFINITALLY, but not on a crawler as he is actively trying to advertise this stuff too.

hopefully I can keep up on responses to my post now
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

86bobbedtoy

• Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2011, 12:13:31 AM »

This might be long and honestly sound like something that came out of Wenhar's mouth (or keyboard)

FIRST: Toyota sales propaganda; My truck says to change my oil every 12k miles I believe, while the oil salesman wants me to change it every six. Most people who buy a new vehicle, get it serviced at the dealer, so this would be profitable for Toyota to have you change your oil that often. My 2007 prius even with the higher speeds, leaner fuel ratio, and worse fuels recommended 5,000 miles between oil changes.

Second: for me, it sounds like KIRK was saying to TAKE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WILL FOLLOW THE FSM.

Third: I personally have worked on big rig trailers and trailer dolly hubs that use OIL in there wheel hubs, it actively draws heat and debris away from the bearing surface and provide fresh lubrication.

Four: I have seen a few axles that have knuckles FULL of soup with NO SIGN of grease anywhere.

4.1 I have also seen these same axle FULL of soup not leaking it out the wiper seals

I have also seen factories do things different then the real world, like different grade bearings or rod journals using color codes from the factory, real world, we would correctly machine the part for the mass produced bearings available. So it wouldn't surprise me if from the factory these were filled with a product that may have been very popular in another country, or with a product that they were able to mass produce or that they ordered in bulk to originally fill these with. It also wouldn't surprise me if the first FSM that left the hand of Toyota technicians headed to the states contained info to fill these knuckles with grease, even if they were filled with something other then that from the factory, as grease would be what was available.

So, these live axles were produced for quite a while. I'm sure that a dealer has opened up one recently, maybe an fj80. What was inside the knuckle of an fj80 from the factory? Someone for some reason opened up a knuckle that only had a few thousand miles on it and knows what was inside that knuckle.

what is the cost and availability of this product, the usefulness of it, what benefits COULD it provide, regardless of what came in the axle.

I believe most people prefer grease. It stays put even when you pull apart your axle, when you break something it holds the broken pieces in place instead of allowing them to get into other areas and doing more damage. You can pull apart an axle, replace a part and only need to grease new parts or parts that were cleaned because of contamination. This stuff would have to be properly drained and most likely not be reused especially if a break occurred. I feel that 99% of the time I was in an axle was because of breakage, or even to mess with a diff or brakes. If I had a rig that was using a Toyota live axle to drive freeway miles with a heavy load didn't use 4wd much, and didn't use it for rock crawling (for some reason I feel like I am describing a SAS'ed chinook or dolphin that was used for an out door enthusiast to camp in)

BLAH this is too much, I wouldn't use it in something that you intentionally drive into harms way, plan on upgrading, modifying and junk like that.

What matters is if there would be a benefit TODAY to put this into your knuckle. Ive answered, for me it would not be a benefit.

Do I think that there is a use for this product MOST DEFINITALLY, but not on a crawler as he is actively trying to advertise this stuff too.

being honest I think your right on target.
im sure its good stuff, for certain things
but this guy acts so weird its hard for me to be nice, and Im usually super cool
but this guy rubs me the wrong way.

dude delete all this,
and if your not into what this forum has to offer, get off and stay off!
you have brought nothing but negativity

ROCKO

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -49
  • Male Posts: 743
  • Member since Sep '07
  • NOR-CAL WHEELIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2011, 07:52:48 AM »
thanks for the turtle point  :gap:
JUST ANOTHER ROCK CRAWLER....
with a lot of good stuff

F@$K CANCER

Wenhar

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -38
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »

Wow,

Okay, now while the Crawler and Wheelers may actually find something that works better than this factory Type semi fluid grease,

At least know that they are filled with this sort of semi fluid grease, and can have a soupy mess of goo in the axle that is not axle seal failure,

Wow, awesome post, and keep in mind, while my technique is odd it is effective

Now while I could go post on sites like "Edmunds Car Chat" I dont think they would know much about this axle design and or grease,

You guys know this axle, inside and out, is there a advantage to a fluid grease, or something close to a oil used in trailers, commercial vehicles and such as mentioned?

For sure,

Thank you Frank

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2011, 09:01:12 AM »
I would still like to add that I really beleive that the less liquid petroleum on a truck the better, one of th arguments about our closing trails is the fluid contamination of leaks... well, a leaking knuckle OR a knuckle that must be pulled apart for a trail repair is more likely to contaminate our invironment if its of such a fluid viscosity that it drips off of everything that its touched.
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2011, 09:05:28 AM »
ght ieuwy iropw whei dkle urie r ejlr  ejiwj jew jwur  je jeiwjdkfkcnv  jfioew  dhjl  fjdkl; ej rl  fdl  fhjdsk  dhjk d hjkd dhjkd hjdkoie bcvh he wy fhjd fhewuiyhew fhkd eo ehewh djbkdf j hoe fhjdfh ei dhfd fe ewyey hdgjk hdjkghdsfyoe fdjkhds jkhds fhoiewh oieu dhjks hjksdoiwehwkhdsgjk g s ghdsjgkh jkshgjds gh g shgjkh gjywoieoieugds gjkf dsieo wh hfioewu whefjkd shgfjksoie whjg djf oiw dhjgf jyh fdhsjk fheoewf jkguoiewuf wefh  foiwej whefjk hjkfhweoihoiw jkh g fjoiweh oiwh g ds whjoihwe oih dhgsdjhguyruiey r ri utoiru oiew wi twioy thg fdjghfjks ghjkfdl ghjkl frgfjk gf ghjkfhowuoipw;upwq dh f ghfjklhglyruieytu jkbnvmnbxcvmnxzuih  troi dh gfhsgjk fhg jfhjkl fghj
   g ruit tryuw riwt oiwuyt wew uityewroy hds jvbb jkw idshg jkshduewy  hdsgjkhjkhr gjfsk hw tryuiwo thjgk ksy gwuytw tyuiyt uiwy dshfjkshuiwy uiewh ukhds ui iuwy rui

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2011, 09:12:35 AM »
ght ieuwy iropw whei dkle urie r ejlr  ejiwj jew jwur  je jeiwjdkfkcnv  jfioew  dhjl  fjdkl; ej rl  fdl  fhjdsk  dhjk d hjkd dhjkd hjdkoie bcvh he wy fhjd fhewuiyhew fhkd eo ehewh djbkdf j hoe fhjdfh ei dhfd fe ewyey hdgjk hdjkghdsfyoe fdjkhds jkhds fhoiewh oieu dhjks hjksdoiwehwkhdsgjk g s ghdsjgkh jkshgjds gh g shgjkh gjywoieoieugds gjkf dsieo wh hfioewu whefjkd shgfjksoie whjg djf oiw dhjgf jyh fdhsjk fheoewf jkguoiewuf wefh  foiwej whefjk hjkfhweoihoiw jkh g fjoiweh oiwh g ds whjoihwe oih dhgsdjhguyruiey r ri utoiru oiew wi twioy thg fdjghfjks ghjkfdl ghjkl frgfjk gf ghjkfhowuoipw;upwq dh f ghfjklhglyruieytu jkbnvmnbxcvmnxzuih  troi dh gfhsgjk fhg jfhjkl fghj
   g ruit tryuw riwt oiwuyt wew uityewroy hds jvbb jkw idshg jkshduewy  hdsgjkhjkhr gjfsk hw tryuiwo thjgk ksy gwuytw tyuiyt uiwy dshfjkshuiwy uiewh ukhds ui iuwy rui

I think what you meant to say was lskdfj fdjafslf lkf a lkdfklfsjklja;lsjdjfi fhghiaoi hdi  dshhs a ha oishdios hia ofh oai hfhisda hfi oa ifd aoih fhisdh rhuhia r 34t4rfgioh? :eyebrow:
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2011, 09:15:30 AM »
I think what you meant to say was lskdfj fdjafslf lkf a lkdfklfsjklja;lsjdjfi fhghiaoi hdi  dshhs a ha oishdios hia ofh oai hfhisda hfi oa ifd aoih fhisdh rhuhia r 34t4rfgioh? :eyebrow:

yea sorry spell check must not be functioning properly i used some of this "goop" to lube it yesterday not it gets stuck :rofl:

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #239 on: May 11, 2011, 09:17:21 AM »

lol!  my coworker just looked at my funny because I laughed out loud.  :rofl2:
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW