Author Topic: Sparkplug & 22hilux trade gone bad.  (Read 7619 times)

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Sparkplug & 22hilux trade gone bad.
« on: Nov 21, 2010, 03:30:27 PM »
this thread is for Sparkplug and 22hilux. 
Apparently 22hilux and Sparkplug traded trucks and for reasons they will discuss in this thread they both feel they got took.

I will monitor this thread and will delete any unnecessary bickering but witnesses may offer testimony if needed.

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkplug & 22hilux trade gone bad.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2010, 04:04:32 PM »
from the shoutbox

X Today at 07:43:58 PM BoG-ToY – but Im out... and gone
X Today at 07:43:53 PM BoG-ToY – I know if there was potential problem Id stop and check it out... not just let it go
X Today at 07:43:26 PM BoG-ToY – and thats like... you drive a car away from buyer... water pump belt snaps.... and you dont pull over to figure it out... keep on driving... motor blows... whos at fualt?
X Today at 07:42:50 PM RockRescue – keys are easy to get
X Today at 07:42:46 PM BoG-ToY – thats what Im thinking....    My truck has a blown headgasket... I didnt go back on the seller....
X Today at 07:42:09 PM BoG-ToY – anyways, Im out... laters
X Today at 07:41:41 PM RockRescue – o well then thats his problem  he did not have to take the deal
X Today at 07:41:10 PM BoG-ToY – mismatched keys... or no keys to other doors or back hatch or something?
X Today at 07:40:46 PM BoG-ToY – rear window did not work,   key was broke off in ignition...

Today at 07:40:30 PM BoG-ToY – Now, according to sparky, the 4door, he was told could be drivin around the block and tested out and such if he came down to get it... but that when 22 went to pull it off the truck, he hard a hard time keeping from hitting his neighbors fence becuase the missalignment being so bad from the frame damage...
X Today at 07:39:04 PM BoG-ToY – the he got home and started griping bout overheating issues? and motor being POS and demanding 500 bucks
X Today at 07:38:23 PM BoG-ToY – from what I heard... 22 wanted MORE parts then agreed upon for fuel after he showed up... sparky said no... we agreed on THIS....
X Today at 07:37:44 PM BoG-ToY – sparky gave 22 a pre determined ammount of OTHER parts for gas money
X Today at 07:36:37 PM BoG-ToY – 22 got 87 22re 5spd....   spark got 90s 22re 5spd 4door
X Today at 07:36:08 PM BoG-ToY – they traded runner
X Today at 07:34:23 PM RockRescue – so wait  22hi bought a truck from spark ?  i thought spark got a 4runner from 22
X Today at 07:33:23 PM RockRescue – For the most part yes    some things   i dont 
X Today at 07:32:46 PM BoG-ToY – not drive it home and demand 500 bucks and talk crap about people?
X Today at 07:32:03 PM BoG-ToY – But just the same, when you buy something you check it out BEFORE you complete the deal correct?
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »
Put me on the spot there eh?
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2010, 04:49:18 PM »
Put me on the spot there eh?
:cheese:

i thought it would break the ice :)

22hilux

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 40
  • Member since Nov '10
  • lots of parts in toyota heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »
who are all these people talking about the deal that john and i made . they weren't there they don't know the circumstances involved in any of it .
i never said my 90 runner was drivable , i specifically told john it wasn't driveable but would drive on/off a trailer which it did . as for the 2 lil things he's complaining about .
1. the key broken in ignition : i gave him 1 whole key and one broken one all he had to do is release the pin on the ignition and then remove the broken piece
2. the rear tailgate glass off the track : so put it back on

atleast it doesn't have a rod knock at cold start and overheat after 2miles of driving like john's 87 runner ( john told me it's a new motor)

if people are going to comment maybe they should learn the facts before hand

Sparkplug

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -130
  • Male Posts: 2,046
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2010, 05:22:35 PM »
The facts are that you did tell me If I came down there,t he truck would drive around the block. You did nott ell me the motor had a massive oil leak, the back window was broke,t hey key was broke off, or that I would have to put the door together. I have all of this in exts, Im waiting for my girl to get home, the bill is in er name. I did not want to do this trade as fast as we did. Did I not terll you to wait till I got ahold of my bud, or the next weekend? You were rushing, saying you could get it up here, and were makin a run anyway. As far as the rod knock and overheating you are talking abhoput, you still have given no diagnosis. Why did you decilne a test driove? Why when I asked for diagnosis did you refuse, and insult me?

Why do you threaten a lawsuit? Am I supposed to be scared? Why is it that my gf drove thatr runner for a whole month, that member ONENATIOPNUNDERSMOG himself, drove that 4 runner to get me tires? Im sure when he gets home, he will have something to say about this. Sounds like you got mad at the deal, and are trying to get a little more out of it. WHO IN THEIR RTIGHT MIND TOWS A TRUCK 300 MILES, REFUSES A TEST DRIVE, HJAS THE TRUCK RAN FOR THEM, THEN GETS IT HOME AND 2 DAYS LATER TELLS THER GUY ITS BLOWN UP? You were suppopsed to be here at 2pm, not 8pom at night when its dark as hell outside, so u can use that as an excuse.
2008 TRD 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma
1994 12 valve 5 speed 4x4 single cab dodge 2500
1986 22re 5speed 3link 4runner (the beater)
1982 3rz swapped pickup (in progress)

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2010, 05:25:47 PM »
also, that is not the talk fromt he shoutbox we had, therre were 2 dif ones, one doing deal, 1 when he said I blew enigne, demanded 500 bucks. I said I would bring a motor down, and diagnose, and if I found it was good, I would post on marlin and pirate, he then got mad, we texted for a bit, he insulted me, told me all my trucks r garbage, then said goodbye.

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2010, 05:34:45 PM »
1 moe thing, if u say u a car dealer, well then, look at the paperwork, you will see it was sold for 200 bucks at auction. Now who in their right mind sells a 4runner for 200 bucks? Unless it has a big problem maybe? say blown engine at 300k? Now then, take a look at that motor, maybe stick a compression gauge in it, I did, and it hit 170 acorss all 4 when I bought it. Do me a favor, pop that valve cover off, its easy, takes 5 min, now when u get it off, look at that cam sprocket, and those t chain guides. tell me what you see? Now then look at the oil pump housing, and see how clean and shiny it is? Be real hard to get it that pretty with that motor together. Now take all these things, put them together, along with a little common sense, and you will understand, that yes it is a rebuilt engine. You see that brand new TOYOTA cylinder head casting, and brand new valves? Maybe you should learn about toyota trucks, and how they run, before you try and say a motor is blown.

22hilux

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2010, 05:48:34 PM »
i advertised my truck to you as it is with a bent front left frame , which you had me send detailed pics of . it passes smog and has current registration . i didn't remove parts from it like you did to the 87' it was complete
i told you it would make it on/off the trailer ( it needed a sas )
you told me we could meet near 505 split then later you said i can't get a trailer or a tow rig and oh oop's i don't have a license either

in the end yes i was late getting upto your place and it didn't help matters but thats no excuse for you telling me your 87runner has a new motor .i don't care that the thing is dented on every panal or that the interior was ripped to shreds i wanted it because you said it had a new motor and rebuilt trans

the next day when i unloaded it from my trailer and looked at all the fluids and let it idol in my driveway for 30min it overheated . i then removed thermostat and repeated burping the cooling system it continued to overheat and when i drove it 2miles to my softball practice it was at the top white line on the temp gauge .the motor has a nasty rod knock that is most noticable at a cold start . arguing about tests on the motor isn't something i'm interested in wasting time with i have spare motors here and can just replace it but think that sice you advertised it as a new motor you should give me something . i asked for 500 as a starting point to negotiate and would have been happy with 300.now i'm being told that you asked me for 500 which is a total lie(check the shout box for the truth). the bottom line is that the motor in the 87' is not in good shape , what would you like to do about it ?

onenationundersmog

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2010, 05:51:20 PM »
i drove this 4 runner multiple times .. i drove it to get johns tires about 30 miles to and  from place we picked up tires. 4 runner did hesitate at first start but john explain to him that tps might be out or outta adjustment. i know that i just adj my tps and my truck did the same thing hesitate at start then ran fine when warmed up just did shitty on gas.. as for knocking i never heard it know you could barely hear valves only at first start before engine got oil pressure then was quiet as :pokinit:. i can second that johns gf did drive 4 runner for more than a month to and from wrk from proberta to red bluff everyday.. thats about a 20 mi or more drive.. never gave her problems and trust me she aint a saint to takin care of a toyota.. also when i drove brakes were solid never over heated on me.. and on inspection of engine thats the cleanest engin ive seen in a 4 runner with a beat interion and dented body.. jus saying if it was original you would think that that :pokinit: would be as beat as the rest of the truck..  i was going to buy that 4 runner before he traded you.. and instead i bought the 91 wich i have to sas jus to drive..

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:05:10 PM »
I DID NOT TELL YOU THE TRANS WAS REBUILT, I said it was smooth and real quiet, and I assumed it had been gone thorugh with the fathetr and son who did the engine, who I got the truck from. ALL TOYOTAS RATTLE AT START, unless you have a toyota filter. Once again something you would know if you knew toyotas like you said. Someone else chime in here and 2nd this for him please. Why does it overheat? Blown hg? Water pump? Timing bad? Hmmmmmm starnge. Also I HAVE NEVER SEEN A TOYOTA HAVE A ROD KNOCK AND NOT HAVE LOW OIL PRESSURE OR THROW THE OIL LIGHT. Does that 87 throw a oil light? or is it just at start till it gets oil pressure? You are right I never asked you for any money, I not even unhappy with the deal as 79coyotefrg said. I traded a good drving beat up body runner, for a poor driving nice body runner. Seems fair to me. We live in a place called america, where you have the freedom to do what you want. I did not put a gun to yuor head and force you to trade trucks, I OFFERED YOU A TEST DRIVE YOU REFUSED. i STARTED THE TRUCK FOR YOU AT MY HOUSE, LET IT RUN TILL YOU SAID YOU WERE IN A HURRY. You told me the enigne in this 4 door is rebuilt, well accodring to recipts it has a new head and t cover, thats it, not a bottom end, so this engine has 330k on its bottom end. not to mention the oil leak, and other said problems. I am not unhappy with the deal, im unhappy that you feel you got screwed, when I feel it was a fair trade.

Therre was a point when I said I could gert a trailer from a bud, and could meet, but he would have had to drive, and he didnt want to. Yes I do have a suspended license, thats why ONENATIONUNDERSMOG drove the runner to get my tires, with me sitting passenger. Like he said my gf drove that truck for a whole month, then we parked it because had to smog, temp tag was up, then you got it like 10 days later. Now we are here

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:15:15 PM »
so Sparkplug is satisfied with the deal. 

22hilux,  post a picture of this engine bay.  I'd like to see it.

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad332/sparkplug420/New%204runner/ heres a link to the pics i sent him of the 87

http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad332/sparkplug420/85%204Runner/ heres a link to pics of the 85 I ALSO OFFERED HIM

the engine on the 87 WAS FAR CLEANER THAN THE 85 ENGINE

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »
lol, well said

as i said before, I am happy with the deal. yes there are things with the truck I got that werent disclosed till it was at my house, but I chose to take it. i made that choice, just like he did. I offered a test drive, he refused. Maybe if he would have took the time to test drive a truck he just drove 300 miles to get, he would have notced this SUPPOSED ROD KNOCK OR OVERHEATING. I do not feel i owe you anything, I feel that if I have to pay for an engine you refuse to diagnose, do a shade tree trick of pulling a t stat and running it, and want me to pay for a blwon motor, id have to ask for you to pay for the new ignition, oil pump, front seal, ignition, key being made, gaskets, and the other half of the new engine you said it had. I told you the story behind the truck, even before u got it. I never said I had proof it was rebuilt, i told you it was really clean, ran great, had the most power of all my yotas, and needed a tps of maybe a afm to pass smog.

In fact I believe I specifically told you I did not have paperwork on the rebuild
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2010, 06:55:24 PM by Sparkplug »

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »
maybe john is your close friend i don't know but he did me dirty . if your gonna get involved maybe you should learn the facts about what happened

John is not my close friend. just someone who I've delt with on here

I blew a headgasket on my truck and found out I needed a new head, I kept on finding deals on heads but not nearby. He had a head that he wanted to charge me $100 plus shipping I think. Well I found a recently rebuilt head semi local for 50 bucks.. fell through... eveything kept falling through... so finally john told me that I could trade him a knuckle and a spindle for it...
I didnt have money to pay shipping on the head...  so he drove 45 minutes one way to get the head to my parents who brought it up to me....
He also informed me what was wrong with it... which wasnt really as bad as he said it was...

I Informed him that I was worried about having the money to send him back the parts... SO he told me to send them BACK with my parents, that he would drive another hour and a half round trip to pick up the two parts....

seems cool to me...

OH YEAH, this ALL HAPPENED because I bought a USED TRUCK, guy said nothing wrong with it... smogged... ready to go, I test drove it, I watched it go through smog, so plenty warmed up, no steam, I never opened the radiator to see it was full of copper flecks... but after getting it home who is to say I didnt have buyers remorse and put the stuff in there myself? who is to say if I failed to pay attention when the fan belt broke and overheated it? 

PLEASE dont be rude to me because I dont know the facts...

all I know is whats been said... you both traded rigs..... if EITHER of you failed to check out the other rig before agreeing, (I dont want to say this but am going to) YOU DOWNRIGHT FOOLISH if you did not check it out before buying...

as far as meeting half way? when I'm making a deal with someone, and they say... well, I can't do that any more.... there is always the option to cancel said deal? But you CHOSE to drive the full way yourself...  so that is all on you as well, you coulda CHOSE to stay home and forget the deal?

this is not as a friend of enemy of either of you, just a red blooded American who has REGISTERED over 40 different vehicles in my name.... You are responsible for you own  choices in life
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2010, 07:04:38 PM »
he did not leave his hosue thinking i was going to meet him, he was told well before that I would need time to get a trailer and a driver. He was in such a hurry to trade, that it WAS HIS IDEA TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY TO ME. I texted him in the am, he was on road, I told him i was tryin to get ahold fo bud to see if we could get the parts he wanted, and to wait on comin up. He said we would work it out when he got here. I tried texting more, he was in sac around this time, he said I was killing his battery, not to text, he would talk when he got here. How the hell are you going to try and ask me for an engine, when you were late getting here, rushed the deal, and refused to test drive the truck? It seems you are trying to hustle me more, just like when you were here, you kept wanting more. First it was a few parts, then it was more, then more, then you and your bud whispering to each other, going throguh the small sectuion of parts I have here, being real weird honestly, then wanting more parts. Then you wanted cash, then you asked me if I  could give you pot. Seems to me you are very greedy, and maybe you feel you could have made out better? Maybe you thought you were gonna get a bunch of parts, and a super nice 4runner? I have no idea? All I know si you were here, at my house, the truck ran fro you, you could have drove it, you refused, got it home, wanted money for a blown motor, than when I questioned, the amount went down, then i questioned more, then it went to what can you give me?  Just seems to me that you are a very greedy person. You insult me, say all my trucks are garbage, yet I sent you pics of that 87 beat to hell, and for someone who has nice rigs to drive, you sure drove a long way for a beat up 4runner for a dd, but you want to insult me. I also offered you that 854runner, which you coyuld have sold for the 1500 you were askin for that 4 door in a heartbeat dwon where you live. but once again, you refused, and its supposed to be my problem.

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2010, 07:14:22 PM »
:headscratch:   not taking a test drive when offered is a bone headed move.

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2010, 07:19:52 PM »
not INSISTING on a test drive before EVER taking possession of a vehicle you expect to drive is a boneheaded move?

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 21, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
Once you shake hands, exchange cash, and part ways, the deal is done. This whole thing seems retarded to me.  :beerwhack:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2010, 08:37:29 PM »
I have personally dealt with sparkplug.  Him and I had a misunderstanding about a ps box and a pump.  We met 70 miles from where we both live he brought a pump and I needed the box.  (I blingn was the one at fault).. but he still made it right and had his mom BRING it to me later cause he felt bad about what had happened.  He came thru with a ps box and it was in great working order and did not leak.

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2010, 08:40:43 PM »
sounds about like my deal... lol

hooks a guy up cuz he can and it aint gonna hurt him?

santa cruz crawler

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -7
  • Male Posts: 682
  • Member since Aug '10
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 21, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »
Bummer for both, dam Toyotas need a sticker check oil every hour .... Sorry to all
 :beerchug:

ToYocRawleR

• Gettin' Loose!!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 3,110
  • Member since Oct '05
  • The Homie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 21, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »
Bummer

-
Rigs:
05 F-250 Powerstroke
93 RunneR ...Build-up  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=85644.0

fortysixandtwo - I drove through Dunsmuir once I dont think anything there is "super nice"
Just kidding man. I guess there is, its your bed

fade

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -9
  • Male Posts: 1,018
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 22, 2010, 02:47:16 AM »
I say not test driving is it a dumb Idea. A while back I traded my running good rebuilt 3.0 runner for a ex cab 22re truck with a "blown head gasket" now here I sit having to redo all my suspension, Fixing whats wrong with the motor(about $500 in sensors), rebuilt both axles with new gears, on a truck that was susposed to be just a simple headgasket and new rear 3rd. I'm not really mad because I was going to have to sas the runner anyways. sorry to ramble.

I do not know sparkplug but I know Bog-Toy very well we are doing the headgasket at my house in my garage, the head that sparkplug drove up to bog's mom is by far way nicer then any head I've came across used in my 40 engine experences from vw's to chevys to hondas to geos. I say Sparkplug is a great guy and he gives all he can. He wanted to come buy some rollers I'm 8 hours away from him and he was going to loan me his welder with me bringing it half way back to him at christmas. Now who on this fourm would lend out a welder to a guy 8 hours away with just little contact online and a phone number?

I'm thinking dude probably let his kid or wife drive it and they redlined the piss out of it thinking its a honda and messed up the motor or swaped it out. Lets see some pictures of the motor now?
96 horunner 3.4 elocker armored
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 22, 2010, 08:09:29 AM »
In bed early my arse!!!! 2:47? Wish the clock was right on here

22hilux

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Nov 22, 2010, 08:51:55 AM »
if you pay attention to what john writes it says the 87 is a pile of :pokinit: . these are his words admitting it's a 200 pile of :pokinit: . on top of it being a pile of :pokinit: it has a ROD KNOCK (not 22re valve chatter at start up )and when i drove it 2miles to my softball practice it reached the top white line on the temp gauge .

i don't give a ratt's ass who drove it where the day before , it isn't driveable since the moment it came off my trailer.
i didn't take a test drive because i took john's word well we all see where that has led us

just ask yourself if you were buying a used vehicle and the seller tells you the motor is new but it doesn't make it 2miles without almost blowing up would you be happy (put yourself in my shoes )also the moderator 79 that started this thread informed me that john told him that i owed john 500 which is a complete lie
mr moderator can you please let everyone know what you told me about john contacting you and saying i owed him 500 !

i was the one asked john for 500 to replace the motor in his 87 runner . i would have settled for 300 but because john doesn't back his word on this deal we are now in this stupid box wasting time instead of out wheelin and drinking a beer
i even told john after he wouldn't do anything to forget it "good bye" cause it wasn't worth my time to bicker over a few hundred dollars and he then contacted the moderator and lied about me owing him money.john has profitted from this deal and i have lost aprox. 1000 sounds like a bargin yea!

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 22, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »
I havent and not going to read all of this topic.

but last time I saw a car, truck, motorcycle over heat past 1/2 way up
I shut it down.
yes I know some run at half anyway, and if I thought that id let it go maybe 3/4 up.

but man letting it hit HOT, thats not smart.
I hope all this get settled, with minimum people mad.
good luck

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -171
  • Male Posts: 1,660
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov 22, 2010, 09:31:43 AM »
You went wrong by not driving something before you traded for it, you and I, aswell as everyone else know that was a stupid move on your part. If you had taken the test drive you could of walked away and taken it as a waste of your time. Instead now you have to come on here and argue about the trade you made while everyone else is looking at this not knowing if sparkplug screwed you or if you took the runner home and did something to it or who knows what. So why don't you just take this as a learning experience to not trust people you are dealing with off the internet and take your loses and move on so we can drop this worthless thread.

22hilux

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov 22, 2010, 09:51:56 AM »
i have been wheelin and selling toyota parts since 1994 . i was on the rocks w/ marlin crew when this whole thing started and i've never had a problem buying or selling .
i was the one said forget it after john didn't want to make it right
john is the one that initally contacted the moderator and made up a story saying i owed him 500 which is a lie !
this thread is stupid
i did shut truck down when it reached top WHITE LINE , NOT RED. look at a cluster if you don't know what that is !
NO ONE DROVE THE TRUCK BUT ME (my daughter isn't even 3 yet and i don't have a wife )
yada yada stupid thread stupid thread

motormouth559

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 917
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 22, 2010, 10:00:19 AM »
if you pay attention to what john writes it says the 87 is a pile of :pokinit: . these are his words admitting it's a 200 pile of :pokinit: . on top of it being a pile of :pokinit: it has a ROD KNOCK (not 22re valve chatter at start up )and when i drove it 2miles to my softball practice it reached the top white line on the temp gauge .

i don't give a ratt's ass who drove it where the day before , it isn't driveable since the moment it came off my trailer.
i didn't take a test drive because i took john's word well we all see where that has led us

just ask yourself if you were buying a used vehicle and the seller tells you the motor is new but it doesn't make it 2miles without almost blowing up would you be happy (put yourself in my shoes )also the moderator 79 that started this thread informed me that john told him that i owed john 500 which is a complete lie
mr moderator can you please let everyone know what you told me about john contacting you and saying i owed him 500 !

i was the one asked john for 500 to replace the motor in his 87 runner . i would have settled for 300 but because john doesn't back his word on this deal we are now in this stupid box wasting time instead of out wheelin and drinking a beer
i even told john after he wouldn't do anything to forget it "good bye" cause it wasn't worth my time to bicker over a few hundred dollars and he then contacted the moderator and lied about me owing him money.john has profitted from this deal and i have lost aprox. 1000 sounds like a bargin yea!

Were is the pictures