Author Topic: 89 V6 Pickup  (Read 71837 times)

ToYocRawleR

• Gettin' Loose!!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 3,110
  • Member since Oct '05
  • The Homie!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 89 V6 Pickup
« Reply #60 on: Oct 14, 2009, 01:14:12 PM »
Yea sleeve it or find one out of a 85+ 2wd cause i believe they extend
-
Rigs:
05 F-250 Powerstroke
93 RunneR ...Build-up  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=85644.0

fortysixandtwo - I drove through Dunsmuir once I dont think anything there is "super nice"
Just kidding man. I guess there is, its your bed

4x4yota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 301
  • Male Posts: 1,256
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Oct 15, 2009, 03:05:15 PM »
my steering shaft in my 81 has a 3" slip in it maybe try that
Current:
85 yota 4x4 http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=101931.new#new
Sold:
81 Yota 4x4 - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61025.0

Just remember that if the tires don't rub, then the tires ain't big enough -Runar

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #62 on: Oct 16, 2009, 09:02:12 PM »
beds on again. gotta do some trimming but tis not as bad as i thought it ouwld be. i should be bakle to hide some trimming with the rock guard things taht are factory.

cant login to photobucket right now so i can tpost a pic yet.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #63 on: Oct 16, 2009, 09:11:31 PM »

switched computers and got it to work.
im havin a hellluva time gettin my steering box off though. got it all unbolted but i cant get the splines to slip out.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

86bobbedtoy

• Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Oct 16, 2009, 09:20:54 PM »
man your truck looks awesome and super clean.
you should come down to paradise-chico area to snow wheel this winter

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #65 on: Oct 16, 2009, 09:27:10 PM »
man your truck looks awesome and super clean.
you should come down to paradise-chico area to snow wheel this winter
thanks dude :thumbs:

yea i was kindin kickin around the idea of headin that way and meetin up with some of you guys down there. Theres some decent stuff up here too if you ever find yourself up north.

86bobbedtoy

• Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Oct 16, 2009, 09:31:25 PM »
thanks dude :thumbs:

yea i was kindin kickin around the idea of headin that way and meetin up with some of you guys down there. Theres some decent stuff up here too if you ever find yourself up north.

Im sure you get more than us.
If I ever make that way U bet.

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #67 on: Oct 16, 2009, 09:44:01 PM »
I only really got to go once last year and it was june 1st with plenty of sno still on the ground. :dunno:

Hopefully this year ill be up playin around a lot more. Actually last winter we got a goood storm, snowed about 2 feet so i went out to the airport and blasted through that. Tons of fun. got to like 55 and just threw it sideways on the airstrip. I wish i coulda somehow got pictures or video.

But definitly shoot me a txt or PM me if your gonna come up.

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Oct 16, 2009, 10:52:50 PM »
Holy crap blake  :yikes:  Pictures never seem to do rigs justice, they don't even look like 40s in the pics!  Kinda looks like your springs barely have any arch to them too?  Did I miss where you said what all you mixed in with the rears?  It'd be bitchin if you clear those without having to lift any more, definately more stable with it that low!  I'll be interested to hear how you like it with the 4.37's, but definately have a backup plan since, well, you know  ;)

I did a little more fender cutting on mine the other day and thought I was done, but looking at it again I still need to cut them once more for the clearance I want.  I don't even wanna buy 35s, I know I'll regret it and want 37s as soon as I do anyway.  Hopefully I can find some leafs to swap into the front, get some longs and bigger tires, re-gear,  :blah:  and come up and do a snow run or two with you this winter!

RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #69 on: Oct 16, 2009, 10:57:48 PM »
Holy crap blake  :yikes:  Pictures never seem to do rigs justice, they don't even look like 40s in the pics!  Kinda looks like your springs barely have any arch to them too?  Did I miss where you said what all you mixed in with the rears?  It'd be bitchin if you clear those without having to lift any more, definately more stable with it that low!  I'll be interested to hear how you like it with the 4.37's, but definately have a backup plan since, well, you know  ;)

I did a little more fender cutting on mine the other day and thought I was done, but looking at it again I still need to cut them once more for the clearance I want.  I don't even wanna buy 35s, I know I'll regret it and want 37s as soon as I do anyway.  Hopefully I can find some leafs to swap into the front, get some longs and bigger tires, re-gear,  :blah:  and come up and do a snow run or two with you this winter!

haha yea springs are near flat. I put the shackles under the frame so i could keep my springs a little flatter. my frame sits at 26" but i have a 2" bodylift which i might try and remove...not sure yet. itll cause more problems with the rear tires clearing than the front as far as i can tell.

Also my front shackles are only 3.5" I do have some 6" shackles but im kinda worried theyll kil my pinion angle... :dunno: it would give me the extra inch or so id need to clear without the body lift though.

Definitely get ahold of me this winter and comeup. Its tons of fun up here in the snow

Also, if those 4.37s blow up on me ill just swap in my other set of 4.10s til i can gear down. :dunno:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Oct 16, 2009, 11:03:09 PM »
Oh, and I vote for bobbing the bed and cutting the fenders about up to the gas door.  Was it you who told me you built a little stencil or something to trace out the fenders last time you were down?  Biggest bummer about cutting the fenders is losing the factory roll.  I saw this rig on the way back from chico one day and wanted to buy it just to have the wide body glass fenders, looks like there's lots of clearance there  :greengrin:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #71 on: Oct 16, 2009, 11:08:11 PM »
Oh, and I vote for bobbing the bed and cutting the fenders about up to the gas door.  Was it you who told me you built a little stencil or something to trace out the fenders last time you were down? 

:yupyup:

Im goin for as little trim as possible. I shouldnt have to mess with my front I dont think. The rear wants to be a pain in the ass, but ill have to flex and see where it hits and how bad before i get too wild.

And BTW 2.5" is exactly to the gas door :greengrin: Im just not sure how it'll look with the rear trimmed and the front not...

89sastoyo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 148
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
Re: 89 V6 Pickup 40's
« Reply #72 on: Oct 17, 2009, 01:46:54 AM »
did you get the pitman arm off the steering box thats what you were talked about right??? I had to pie cut one to get it off and beat the living :pokinit: out of it with an 8 pound sledge...
Or I would sugest heatt
89 extra cab stock on 1 tons.
83 rolled with built toy axles
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56487.0

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #73 on: Oct 17, 2009, 06:49:54 AM »
get a pitman arm puller.... my 1st time around when i put the kit on my 85 4Runner the IFS arm came right off the 87 Box with just several swings of the BFH, but when i put the high steer on my 90 just recently... it wouldnt come of, tried beating the living crap out of it, tried putting SEVERAL cuts in it with a cutting wheel... NOTHING WOULD GET THIS ARM OFF lol SO out came the chevy pitman arm puller (yeah thats was a PITA cause it was made for a larger sector shaft)

But anyways, you sent me that pic while I was in the movies with Bre, watchin The Stepfather. good movie btw.... creepy mostly.

Lookin good though Blake, much better then it used to.
Glad to see your parents not being Nazi's over it.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #74 on: Oct 17, 2009, 01:39:28 PM »
The pitman damn near fell off. I cant get the steering shaft it self to let loose so i can pull it out to extend it.

I got the box mocked up now though where i think i want it. i gotta drill some holes and put my sleeves in then make my top dog ear bracket.

Hows this look for draglink to tie rod angle?

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Oct 17, 2009, 02:07:16 PM »
The pitman damn near fell off. I cant get the steering shaft it self to let loose so i can pull it out to extend it.

I got the box mocked up now though where i think i want it. i gotta drill some holes and put my sleeves in then make my top dog ear bracket.

Hows this look for draglink to tie rod angle?

Looks good to me. As long as their is no binding or contact you should be :boobs:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

GJToyotabug

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 969
  • Member since Jan '08
  • The bug is deep in this one
    • View Profile
    • Alcan Spring
« Reply #76 on: Oct 17, 2009, 02:21:52 PM »
flex that pregnant dog and see if it hits or bind

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Oct 17, 2009, 03:04:53 PM »
theres no way it will bind or hit. mine was bad and never did. under compression its going to swing back and under droop it will go forward but the tire will be down so low it could never hit. i hate the 3.0 oil pan.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #78 on: Oct 17, 2009, 03:27:38 PM »
yeah mines worse then that and no contact...

oh and Blake picked up my spare tire.
35x12.5R15 Baja Claw
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Oct 17, 2009, 07:54:25 PM »
[quote
Also how high pressure is Toy EFI? I was wondering if i could cut off the FUBAR'd part of the pickup and use a piece of rubber tubing clamped on instead. :dunno:
[/quote]

i had the same problem i cut it off and clamped a fuel line to it... mine works fine and its efi

Halladay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '09
  • HALLADAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Oct 17, 2009, 07:56:49 PM »
did you get the pitman arm off the steering box thats what you were talked about right??? I had to pie cut one to get it off and beat the living :pokinit: out of it with an 8 pound sledge...
Or I would sugest heatt

this was my pitment he is talking about... i wouldnt sugjest heating it up cause the seals in the pump will heat up and leak unless your planing on replace them or rebuilding it for hydro

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #81 on: Oct 18, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »
Well heres as high as i could get it today. My piman arm is a 1/4" away from hitting my leafspring, the spring is flat, and the pass side rear was stuffing into the bed. If i trimmed the front of my rear fender and properly bumpstop it I could probably get another few inches out of it.

GJToyotabug

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
    • Alcan Spring
« Reply #82 on: Oct 18, 2009, 04:16:52 PM »
more pics :worthless:

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #83 on: Oct 18, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
I hadnt gone all the way up in this pic yet. I had to check how bad the bed was hitting. And actually it wasnt bad. it was only hitting where i bent teh corner of the fender inward.

same story here.

GJToyotabug

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
    • Alcan Spring
« Reply #84 on: Oct 18, 2009, 06:21:11 PM »
trim the fenders for sure man

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #85 on: Oct 18, 2009, 06:47:59 PM »
Lookin good blake.

I want mine back i havent seen in daylight or out of my vehicle what it looks like all flexed out :(
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #86 on: Oct 18, 2009, 10:23:08 PM »
Im not even sure Im gonna run the 40's. I really need the money so i can order my Knuckle rebuild stuff and wheel spacers etc. Plus theyre just freakin big. I dont have near enough power or the gears to run em.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #87 on: Oct 18, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »
looks legit as hell Blake!!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Oct 19, 2009, 02:40:07 AM »
I definitely like the black rims over the white rims.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #89 on: Oct 19, 2009, 01:01:58 PM »
I definitely like the black rims over the white rims.
The black rims looks a lot better than the whites and i sit lower and im wider than with the 40s. Im gonna hangon to em and maybe try to use em for snow wheeling but I cant afford to run em fulltime.