Author Topic: Swapped89 party bus picture update  (Read 179077 times)

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -35
  • Male Posts: 970
  • Member since Oct '09
  • I KNOW A SWEENEY BRO!!!
    • View Profile
MAN that is flat out not right bro!! I would punch Early right in the nose area!! Not so much in the nose but in the general area.. HA HA well thats kinda mean but i would be so pissed yo!! The extra cab would be dope for shur dude!! Lets see those pics of Early's nice and handy dandy drive n skills to here soon eh.. Sorry bout the bad news again man!!!!!!!!

"PAGE 23 BROUGHT TO YOU BY NK STRAIGHT UP"  :rockingout:
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 270
  • Male Posts: 1,221
  • Member since Aug '09
  • Not all who wander...are lost
    • View Profile
so are you going to double bob ur bed then?
yes sir. Dove tail would be pretty sweet too. Just rock so
e big ole mud flaps for drivin round town.
sorry to hear thatm when my T100 got blown up i had to find it stuck in a field, not even knowing anything was wrong, glad hes gonna make it right, mine is still not fixed
dang man. I feel ya.
SAS 89 p/u 3.0 5speed, bobbed, locked, ready to play in the rocks. or wherever the pavement ends :)
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61345.0 

a wise man listens and observes more so than he opens his mouth.. and when he does it is valuable information....   (twistedtoy92)

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
MAN that is flat out not right bro!! I would punch Early right in the nose area!! Not so much in the nose but in the general area.. HA HA well thats kinda mean but i would be so pissed yo!! The extra cab would be dope for shur dude!! Lets see those pics of Early's nice and handy dandy drive n skills to here soon eh.. Sorry bout the bad news again man!!!!!!!!

"PAGE 23 BROUGHT TO YOU BY NK STRAIGHT UP"  :rockingout:
yea that's how I felt at first but once I figured out the real story my feelings changed. He tried to right the truck himself and when he couldn't he started walking to camp. He just started walking the wrong way. And I did see him that night cause I was actin like I was chokin him out. But me and Early are pretty good friends and I didn't really choke him or nothin. We were just havin a lil too much fun. If ya know what I mean. :beerchug:
SAS 89 p/u 3.0 5speed, bobbed, locked, ready to play in the rocks. or wherever the pavement ends :)

a wise man listens and observes more so than he opens his mouth.. and when he does it is valuable information....   (twistedtoy92)

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -171
  • Male Posts: 1,660
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
extra cab swap+double bobbed bed+dovetail= :smokin:

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
The damage on the bed was mosTy there from a fast flop I had a year and a half ago. It just looks fresher and bumpier now. And up front is pretty wrinkled on driver side headlight fell out. One wheel is bent for sure. But really it's not as bad as it coulda been. I think my half done cage helped save the windshield and door stuff. Not totally saved but prevented some damage for sure.

This is the new cab I picked up today. It's got all the glass, stock bucket seats and a few minor dings. But other than that it's great. Especially for 350$.

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
extra cab swap+double bobbed bed+dovetail= :smokin:
fo sho! I think it's gonna be pretty sick. It'll be nice to have a straight an purdy body again :) I was also eye ballin some 39.5 iroks this guy had. They weren't for sale but the truck they were on wasn't movin anytime soon. :gap:

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
fo sho! I think it's gonna be pretty sick. It'll be nice to have a straight an purdy body again :) I was also eye ballin some 39.5 iroks this guy had. They weren't for sale but the truck they were on wasn't movin anytime soon. :gap:
Cage did hold up pretty well for being half done. Score on the cab :cool: can't wait to see this thing get going!

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Thanks man I can't wait either. I'll try and post pics as progress happens :)

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
By the way how did you get that home? just threw it on a trailer with the tractor?

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Yea my buddy Kenny hauled his trailer over to the guys house that had the cab. Then the guy just picked the cab off the truck and set it on kennys trailer and Kenny towed it to my house for me. Early brought over a big hoiste and we set the cab on a couple Jack stands and rounds of wood. :thumbs:

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
Very nice. Glad you and EARLY got everything straigtened out. Your bed's gonna look out of place behind that fresh new cab :gap:

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Haha I know I'm thinkin about replacing it too if I can find a cheap one :crossed:

mattlosch

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 703
  • Member since Sep '09
  • IBEW Local 48
    • View Profile
Looking good dude should be a good build
1983 caged, 22re, slammed

2006 cummins 6spd... somewhere around 750whp for a tow rig

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Took the bed off today and took out the stereo system, cb, rocklights, and disconnected the winch too.

Notice the wrinkle in the sheet
etal below the window. Crazy
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2010, 09:42:14 PM by swapped89 »

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Man your gonna love the extra cab room dude!! It looks pretty straight up sick wicked trick bra... So is Early puting in a bunch of community yota building hours?? HA HA .. also looks like your getting things started already, nice dawg and keep it up!!  :thumbs:
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
Getting it started already, nice :thumbs: can't wait to see the new cab go on :cool:

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Yea man I can't let it stay down long. I'm drivin my gf moms old 1987 2.0 Honda prelude. Believe it or not I've only drivin two other cars that I can think of my whole life. A rental and a chevy lumina on the beach when I was young. It's wierd drivin cars gotta get back on My 37's :cool: 

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
nice to see you gettin on it!!!!! :beerchug: xtra cabs are way nice for the xtra space :yupyup:
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
Yea man I can't let it stay down long. I'm drivin my gf moms old 1987 2.0 Honda prelude. Believe it or not I've only drivin two other cars that I can think of my whole life. A rental and a chevy lumina on the beach when I was young. It's wierd drivin cars gotta get back on My 37's :cool:  
ya when my trucks down, I drive my stock truck and at first I love it but after a few day's I really just wanna drive my truck again. Not sure what i'm gonna do when I finish my new truck on ton's, gonna have to build a new dd project :gap: and you haven't driven your gfs total chaos runner :confused: whats up with that :dunno:

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
and you haven't driven your gfs total chaos runner :confused: whats up with that :dunno:

I just never updated that thread. We take the runner out everytime we hit the dunes. Somedays we just leave the bikes on the trailer and rally the runner all day long.  :driving:

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
Ha i bet that thing looks fun :yesnod: Project extenz  :talkingn: I think it should be ExtenZe though.

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
 Haha nice that's what I was goin for :gap: I'll fix it later. :goodnight:

fade

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -9
  • Male Posts: 1,018
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
lil off toppic but you ever hit up florence? I'm totally down for a dune trashin day some time.
96 horunner 3.4 elocker armored
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

mattlosch

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '09
  • IBEW Local 48
    • View Profile
If u ever need a hand hit me up bro

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
lil off toppic but you ever hit up florence? I'm totally down for a dune trashin day some time.
Ya i was there for 9 days during the first week of september. Hopefully we'll go back before it get s reall nasty out.
If u ever need a hand hit me up bro
Fo Sho man, Im sure Ill need at  least 5 guys to help me pick the cab off the frame and vice versa.

mattlosch

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '09
  • IBEW Local 48
    • View Profile
well we will get it done!

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
I'd held but i'm not even close at all yo!!  lol.. good luck on the cab swap and hurry the snow will be he soon!!

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
I got some more done before i went to the chiropractor yesterday. Today ill probly remove the cage, remove the dash and disconnect everything keeping the cab on the frame :) Also gutted out the new cab  :cool:

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
why didint you just put new fenders on it and call it good  :dunno:

swapped89 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
why didint you just put new fenders on it and call it good  :dunno:
cause the structural integrity of the cab has been compromised as well as the cage. See the creese in the back of the cab one more flop and it's just gonna squish like a popcan.