Author Topic: Members from Oklahoma,Arkansas,Miss, Mo,western TN, and eastern Tx check here  (Read 179645 times)

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
Never Fear...I am here! :tantrum: :chew:

Good to have you....any info of your rig or pics :dunno:
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

ozzy93xtra

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 127
  • Male Posts: 168
  • Member since Jan '05
  • NEWBIE FO' LIFE!
    • View Profile
300 for all 4 of em?, send pics. hey glen i'll take either a solid axle or ifs but i'll need the suspension as well for the front, my nissan didnt even come with springs, only torsion bars

pm sent :beer:
M- I- S- S- I- S- S- I- P- P- I- B- O- U- N- D-

burnyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -36
  • Male Posts: 567
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • BURNYOTA
Seems like there are a good bit of folks folks from Tx, Ok, etc. That being said how about a yota run at Gilmer or Katemcy at the end of the summer? My truck should be done mid summer and ready to be rejuvinated with more rock rash and dirt . If ya'll are into camping, late summer isnt a bad time and camping is cheap...how bout that Toy van? sweet :beer:
85 p/u, marlin#208, built 22R on propane, old school longs, 5.29's / detroits, bobbed, chopped, and flopped

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
hey ozzy i didnt get the pm for some  wierd reason. that trip sounds good durin this summer
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
If I remember right an 85 don'y have a devorced transfer case if i'm right ya need the front axle Mr Willy has it will work with a Nissan a reg toy wont. Just my :twocents:

not to worry about the t/case problem, right now it doesnt even have one

USAF EOD tech

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
300 for all 4 of em?, send pics. hey glen i'll take either a solid axle or ifs but i'll need the suspension as well for the front, my nissan didnt even come with springs, only torsion bars

hey red i am really considering driving out to DO THE CON   but regardless i can get you a empty front housing cheap,   or a complete very used but useable complete hub to hub

if not we will all meet at gilmer
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

ozzy93xtra

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • NEWBIE FO' LIFE!
    • View Profile
hey ozzy i didnt get the pm for some wierd reason. that trip sounds good durin this summer
tryin again

toyvan

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -228
  • Male Posts: 12
  • Member since Feb '05
  • 1987 Toyota Van
    • View Profile
Just got back from Big Bend, if you haven't been there you should go, lots of great trails.  I'll tell ya it's priceless seeing the look on Jeeper's faces when they see a Toyota Van way the hell into "their" territory. 
 Some poser shots:

I'm in on the trip this summer....
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2005, 01:25:18 PM by toyvan »

ozzy93xtra

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • NEWBIE FO' LIFE!
    • View Profile
 :crossed:

ozzy93xtra

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • NEWBIE FO' LIFE!
    • View Profile

ozzy93xtra

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • NEWBIE FO' LIFE!
    • View Profile
300 bucks or trade?

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
OK you goobers who wants to 'CONVOY TO THE CON'   in september  ??

dj

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 519
  • Member since Apr '04
  • whoops
    • View Profile
 :driving:  how far is it from muskogee OK, if I have a new pullin truck by then, that might be cool
Toyota + Chevrolet = Toylet
82 toylet
400hp of birfield destructing fun

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
:headscratch:  why not just drive it??

burnyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • BURNYOTA
why not drive it there, I usually pull mine, but it is also known for flyin down the highway scary fast tires hummin....summer summer I freakin LoVe summer...no doors on , hot and sunny, bikinis on the river and lots of naked women and beer and kayaking and mountain biking and using my Yota to get there and all that shiatt- Woo Ho  :love: summer
85 p/u, marlin#208, built 22R on propane, old school longs, 5.29's / detroits, bobbed, chopped, and flopped

burnyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • BURNYOTA
here are some crapy pics of my recent bend test in mig and arc welding classes. Bevel 2 pieces of plate, run a root pass, then a hot pass. an cap it, grind it down and remove the backing strap(arc) with an arc gouger(freakin cool machine) and cut 2 2.5" or 2 1.5" straps and bend to 70,00psi and see if your welds hold. the plate is welded with a 7018 rod and the other is uphill with a Mig .

burnyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • BURNYOTA
if you look closely you can see the heat markings (in the center) from the weld penetration on the two test straps

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
I FINALLY GOT A JOB!!!! pays me about 50-80 bucks a day for 5 hrs of lazy ass work. delivery driver :driving: if i can go to convoy the con then i will for shur

USAF EOD tech

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
any of yall know the gear ratio of a stock 4cyl front axle? i'm hopin that it'l match the gear ratio of my nissans rear axle

USAF EOD tech

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
:cheer:  me too if i can afford $700 for gas when the time comes

most are 4.10's

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
hopin it'l match then

USAF EOD tech

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
wheres convoy the con at?

USAF EOD tech

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
the rubi'con' in california,     us easterners where thinking of all gettingtogether and meeting up at different destinations along the way and caravaning to the rubicon

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
coo, midland tx is right off of i20, maybe i'll be lucky and wont have to drive to meet yall anywhere.

USAF EOD tech

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
would the 4.11 gears in my rear axle work with 4.10 toyota front axle, or would the wheels be moving at too big a speed difference?

USAF EOD tech

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8403
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
would the 4.11 gears in my rear axle work with 4.10 toyota front axle, or would the wheels be moving at too big a speed difference?
That should be fine, the ratios are very close.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

dj

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 519
  • Member since Apr '04
  • whoops
    • View Profile
 :boozer:  Drive my POS rig all the way, are you insane. full hydro steer, somewhat unproven (homebrew) rear suspension, 2 g.p.m. (gallons per mile), have you seen how rough I am on this truck even if it would drive there, the chances of it being able to drive home are very slim. I think I would rather tow it halfway across the country.
Toyota + Chevrolet = Toylet
82 toylet
400hp of birfield destructing fun

burnyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • BURNYOTA
ok - just got done with my welding bend tests, it was tuff!  but now it is time to focus on the yota. I have to good 22R cores. My motor has been in need of a rebuild for a long time. I am considering the 4.3 swap, but really like the idea of just rebuilding the 22R and installing a propane system. The 4.3 swap(rebuilt) and the propane setup with a 22R (rebuilt) would be about the same costs. What do ya'll think and let me know why ....Its allready built(everything but the motor), just needs some go-go.... :beer: